“Updated top to bottom”

The Ritz-Carlton, Naples
Ranked #9 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This resort has been updated top to bottom
Paint, carpeting, beds, electronics, bars
The staff are fabulous. Know you by name. Super attentive, courteous, and all seem to love their jobs
Food is very good too
Don't miss the beach

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We stayed here a year ago, and I was anxious to see how the intervening room remodels had gone. Our room looked great, although it was a smaller one than we had stayed in a year ago. We did have a nice view from the 12 th floor, though. This particular room was bit smallish, and it was odd in that only one side of the bed had a nightstand, as the bedside is right next to a door to an adjoining room.

A desk area now has more electrical outlets - on the lamps, which is nice for charging all the requisite electronics we all now travel with. A small business center on the lobby level provided a few services I needed. There is an extra charge for WiFi in your room, a practice that continues to annoy me, as a fee seems to be common in more exclusive properties, while free in mid-price ones.

I received two services at the Spa, and everything there was top notch, as expected. It's a lovely facility and the staff is great. It's a huge property, and we were there at the high season, so the valet area was always very busy, although a call or text from your room speeds things along a bit.

Things just "work" at the Ritz, which is why it's a pleasure to stay there. The staff is obviously highly trained, although I did get a chuckle from the scripted lines recited by the room service staff - mostly sounding stilted coming from folks for whom English is a second language. This is not at all to say that the staff is not sincere, as I think they all seem to enjoy their jobs.

Speaking of room service, it was always quick and accurate. The only negative would be that the fries were not hot and seemed old-ish, but then again, I didn't love the fries when we got them at the Poolside restaurant, so maybe it's just their cooking method/potatoes.

When you're at the Ritz, nothing is a problem. If only the rest of the world ran this way!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We have been to the Ritz many times and always enjoy returning. The service is excellent, the hotel and the rooms are in great shape. Perfect pool area, beach access, restaurants, breakfast. In summary, everything is just close to 100%. Unfortunately, the prices have come up a lot over recent years. Too many people seem to like this spot.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Wow, this hotel was great and I enjoyed my stay. I had a coastal view room and the view was good enough for me. I always walk on the beach for sunrise and sunset so the view was not that important to me, however I could somewhat see the ocean. You can't beat the location. It is a short walk on the grounds and walkway to enter the beach but it is far enough away from the public beach to feel private. The hotel grounds are beautifully landscaped and there were new floral arrangements daily inside the hotel. The rooms were amazing! They were very spacious and nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were perfect. The bathroom was so beautiful and elegant as well as spacious. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I had a coastal view room facing North with a view of the courtyard but I could also see the ocean a...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank RHtravels
Reviewed February 5, 2014

It's a beautiful hotel on a lovely beach but what I'll remember is the considerate service we got at the front desk. My travel agent booked us an oceanfront room but forgot to specify a king-sized bed. They had only a room with two beds. I never complain about stuff like this, particularly when it wasn't the hotel's fault.

I did say I wasn't happy. Without argument they upgraded us to a suite at the same price. That kind of consideration was evident at every level of this hotel.

That said, it is a large hotel, popular for weddings and business meetings. That means more noise. The ritz is a "U" shape facing the beach and even on the 10th floor you could hear people outside at ground level late at night. You can't hear it with the balcony doors shut but we liked listening to the ocean, rather than some coordinated corporate 'whoop' that seemed to be the motivational chant for one company or another.

The breakfasts here are far beyond the usual hotel fare and the bar overlooking the beach is just a great place to watch the sunset or a place to bring a cup of coffee early in the morning.

Every single person you meet here, from the parking valet to the concierge is just tremendous and that alone would make us go back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Reading the other reviews, I'm wondering if I stayed at the same hotel. It's possible that the cost of the hotel drives a very difficult clientele?

We generally stay at luxury hotels (Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, Peninsula, etc.), and this hotel lives up to that class. It's a very luxurious hotel. The staff always remembered our names, and gave a sweet gift to our daughter unexpectedly.

Pros:
- Luxurious, newly renovated, everything's in great condition.
- Beautiful grounds, pools, beach, restaurants.
- Staff and service were incredible. From valet, to hosts, to servers, everyone was great.
- Beautiful spa

Cons:
- Very expensive ($700/night for our pretty standard room)
- Maybe a bit uptight. Fitting for someone who likes to dress up.
- Spa closes early and we didn't get to use facilities after treatment.

Overall, we would love to come back!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank gqkz
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I stayed at the Ritz in Jan 2014. The beach was nice but water was cold. I stayed at the Ritz in Maui and felt the service and grounds keeping was much better. The Ritz in Naples was a nice hotel but I felt it was not to the "Ritz" standards. I probably would not stay here again for the price.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank cincifoodie
TheRitzCarltonNaples, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Naples, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for your recent review of The Ritz-Carlton, Naples. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our beautiful white sand beach but sincerely apologize that your overall visit did not meet your expectations. We take pride in providing exceptional customer service to our guests and learning that we fell short of this standard during your stay is disappointing. To ensure this lapse in service is addressed, I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further with you. Please feel free to contact our hotel’s Executive Office.

Jon McGaunn