“Perfect”

The Ritz-Carlton, Naples
Ranked #9 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Perfect place to stay and would go back tomorrow! Always great service at Ritz but this one was over all our expectations. Beautiful beach, kids' friendly and fantastic grill restaurant! There's really a lot of guests but they manage to please everyone it seems.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Excellent property. Wonderful staff. Fantastic Food.

Yolanda in the salon was so nice and helpful with my hair and make up.

Could not have asked for a nicer stay!

Property will be closed some this summer for a remodel so I can only image how beautiful it will be when finished.

The mineral soak at the spa is nice and relaxing. We had extra time after check out and prior to flight so spending it in the spa was peaceful.

Room Tip: Check out your view....make sure it is pleasing!
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were upgraded right from the start with two connecting (very clean) rooms that were Gulf front and on the 8th floor, What a view! Pool area was very nice and friendly service. Grounds were maintained really well. Beach was really nice. There was a charge for chairs/towels, and umbrella on the beach every day. Plenty of restaurants with great food, highly recommend a sunset dinner at Gumbo Limbo!! Highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is definitely a very high end hotel. Went there on business in April and the weather could not have been more perfect. This hotel is fabulous from the minute you walk into it. The staff is superb. The rooms were well maintained and the water views were fantastic. The only downside is that the food is on the pricey side so therefore I cannot give it a 5 star rating. The food is very good at all the restaurants on the property. Was really pleased with the no noise curfew after 10:00pm. This is one place where you can truly relax.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms have good side views of the gulf
1  Thank Luv2cruz4evr
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a 5 day stay at the Ritz, the rooms was superbly appointed, hotel was spotless and the staff could not have been friendlier and helpful with anything you needed. We were part of a large company gathering so most of our meals were buffet style, in the center courtyard, by the pool and one night at the Golf Club and the food was fantastic. We did eat in the Beach Restaurant one day and did room service a few times and the service was prompt, friendly and food was excellent. While the beach was a bit crowded as the hotel was pretty full, the beach was great as well, clean and excellent service from the hotel staff. Beach walking was great. Pools were really nice too but did not spend much time there as we are beach people. I did golf one day and the Greg Norman course was beautiful but I must say, if you are a weekend golfer, take lots of balls with you! My wife did the spa and she was very impressed. I rated value as very good versus excellent as the place is pretty expensive but overall for a 5 star like the Ritz you can’t expect bargains. Make sure you ask for an ocean view room with a balcony, we spent more time on the balcony than we usually do when traveling south as the views were superb and great way to feel the cooling breeze off the gulf.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

The hotel was elegant and quiet on the two visits before the wedding. We were relaxed with wedding plans; but a few days before the wedding it changed.

We were informed they were going to enforce no professional photographs taken of bride outside our guest room. As it was a small wedding; we were having dinner in the grill. We had a block of rooms and figure the hotel did get about 33k with dinner and guest rooms. It was very stressful to spend last few days in remedying this problem and really did not feel comfortable having the photos taken after we finally received permission. It took calls to corporate, verifying
there was not another wedding going on, and giving a schedule of where we were to be. We could not use the beach for the ceremony and had found a wonderful beach location in Naples
that could accomodate a grandparent who needed a walker.(Naples 8th ave south park -had
pavers for a walker and a short row of shrubs that lent a great location for weddings) In retrospect, it seems ridiculous this was even a problem; because when we showed up on Friday
for check in, the lobby was packed with lacrosse players with their sticks all checking in as well.
The management was worried about an elegant bride (out of her room!) and not noisy lacrosse
sticks clicking about with kids in practice clothes?
The problems did not end here. For months; we had requested the end king suite to be close to the royal suite to help entertain guests. My requested room number showed up on the reserved list until check in. My room had been given away; even though our wedding coordinator had been informed I needed that location for medical reasons. We knew we could
not have a king suite on same floor as the royal suite (because it had already been promised to
another hotel guest). I was prepared to endure the one flight of stairs, but for them to give away
my room when health was such an important issue and this was for a daughter's wedding was
inexcusable. The management's reply to my predicament was I should never have been
promised that room. All other hotels have given me a specific room # and note the other guest
still had his king suite on the same floor as royal suite.
The king suite was 3 flights below and musty upon checking. The balcony doors had to be
opened which meant hearing constant beeping of beach equipment backing up to resurface the
sand. We had to wait for the foul odor refrigerator to be exchanged - took 1 hr to get someone to
do this (cold items needed to be preserved) and then get ionizer( and evacuate the room). The
maintenance put the iniozer in the wrong room. So I waited 45 min and when no one arrived I
kept calling front desk to see what happened. They finally quit answering. Finally Theo
answered and discovered the tec had placed it in the wrong room. I had a migrain and a downhill
spiral with my health. There was no quiet place to wait the 2 hrs for the ionization- remember all
of those lacrosse teenagers? I have nothing against the players, they were normal kids having a
good time in a hotel. Not what we were expecting for our elegant weekend at the Ritz and our rooms should have been the priority as we booked into this hotel before the lacrosse teams. Other of our wedding guests did not receive their room request. Needless to say, with my migraine; I did not sleep that night which meant more difficulties with hostessing wedding guests. Another daughter was sick from having to breath in the musty bacteria while she did computer work as we waited for someone to ionize the room. It was 9pm before we were "in our room". We checked in at 4.
The spa was wonderful. We utilized this on Thursday. The nails and pedi were great! I
had Sara and she was wonderful. We utilized the hair salon on Sunday and I DO NOT
recommend them. I just needed a simple style, showed a pic of my last wedding hair style) and
the lady kept messing up and after 3 times and 50 mins later; I had to leave with ridiculous
looking hair. I was not required to pay; but there was no compensation for the ruined wedding
photos of me. What a disappointment to be stuck with no time to fix the hair. Later my usual hair
dresser said the lady should have washed and restarted the process over after her first failed
attempt. Three try's with hair spray was never going to be successful. Lesson learned; do not
trust your hair to the Ritz on a Sunday. No one has ever messed up my hair as badly as this.
Both daughters had some problems with their hair; but bride's ended up fine 2nd try and the
other daughter's was ok after extra reworking.
The things that went well. Niche event rentals- Donna- she should be your first contact,
knows a lot of resources, and provided chairs and arbor. - Sarah with lyfe of the party for
gorgeous fresh flowers, Tony Marino for limo, and Kelly with Collier County for park permit for 8th
ave south, Naples.
Susan was wonderful working out our dinner at the Grill and we did have a lovely time.
Aldamar(not certain of spelling) was an exceptional server. So professional, yet caring; one of
my most favorite waiters. I would return to the Grill and I do recommend them for special
dinners.
My husband and I did speak with management after the event. I was given a credit of one
of my three nights in the king suite. I would have expected more to have been adjusted with all of the problems.

Room Tip: South tower have nicer views IMO. The king suite at the ends have great views. A public beach is ne...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The hotel campus is beautifully manicured and inviting from the drive up to the hotel. I have no idea when the staff does all of the maintenance outside because it was so quiet and not filled with workers trimming trees and bushes - very serene.

Our room faced the Gulf and was well appointed with everything to make our stay comfortable and quiet. All of the staff were very welcoming and pleasant. They made sure we had fresh towels all the time.

The pool and beach areas were in great shape. There were plenty of umbrellas and chairs out at the beach and it was no hassle trying to find a good spot to set up for the day.

The fitness room had nice equipment. A nice touch after the workout was to get a cool scented washcloth along with bottled water readily available.

I enjoyed the spa once I was in the spa room. The person escorting me into the women's changing room took away the initial calming effect that most people seek when they are going to the spa. Part of the problem was a language barrier as I could not understand her.

What incredible service we received overall. This is a very nice place to stay!

1  Thank Knightrider2009