“Luxury by the beach”

Ranked #8 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Miami, FL
“Luxury by the beach”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed for one night. First time staying at a Ritz and it lived up to expectations. Everything is top notch, from the amenities that the hotel offers, to the service provided by the employees. Complimentary lounge chairs and umbrellas at their beach. One negative comment would be that you would expect the higher end hotels to offer amenities such as parking and internet access complimentary, so it feels odd to be nickle and dimed after paying a premium for staying there.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kennyf1130

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed at Ritz, September 24-28th. Had a wonderful time. Staff were friendly and attentive. Ocean Front Room on the 5th floor had a great view of the Gulf. Spa was beautiful and top notch. The outside seating areas that opened onto the pool area were in need of updating, cushions dirty and furniture was dated. The chairs on the beach also needed cleaning. The chips, salsa and guacamole at Gumbo Limbo were pricey but were delicious. We had them twice.. Our room was very clean, no odors, no odors noticed in or around the hotel. The grounds were beautiful and well kept up..The beach area was clean, no debris. It was turtle breeding season, so all outside lighting and beach chairs had to be removed by sunset. This in no way affected our time spent on the beach enjoying the sunset. Their were two large conferences during the first two days of our stay and we hardly noticed. We still felt we received top notch service. The Ritz is pricey, but we expected this when we read the reviews and have stayed at another Ritz last year. I agree with some of the other reviewers that parking should be less expensive and the beach umbrellas free, especially during their off season. Other factors to consider during a September stay is that the shops on 5th and 3rd street closed early. Most around 5pm and some were not even open as they took the month of September off since it is off season, that was disappointing if you wanted to do shopping on those streets.

Room Tip: Pick a Ocean Front room on a higher floor or you won't be able to see the Gulf due to the Landsc...
2 Thank CPC-Tourist
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Great stay for a destination wedding. The room was very nice and the hotel and grounds was spectacular. The service at this hotel is top notch. Gumbo Limbo was a great spot for an elegant lunch watching the waves lap the shore. The only complaint would be the $30 the charge for use of chairs and umbrellas on the beach.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank jeguzik
Newport Beach, CA
Reviewed September 24, 2012

When we arrived they told us our reservation had us coming in the night before. I had the print out & it showed we were arriving on the correct day, but they didn't even need to see that. They immediately solved our problem (hotel was booked!) by upgrading us to a suite. That was the right thing to do, but the fact that we didn't have to argue the point or show them a thing was proof that they are all about service. We told the bellman that we wanted to eat at the Grill that night. He mentioned we would need reservations, which we had not made. After he got us ice, I asked how to make the reservation & he told me he had taken care of it already. THAT IS SERVICE! Fitness center was one of the best, pools were nice, beach was great with friendly and attentive beach staff. I can't think of one bad thing to say about this place. Top notch all the way. We will be going back!!!

Room Tip: "Ocean Front" rooms are the furthest from the elevators but worth the walk.
2 Thank So-Cal-Girl-9
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were in Naples for a week after a fantastic cruise in the Caribean with the Oasis of the Seas, with some unforgettable sights and beaches. The Ritz hotel is well situated, but the surroundings are not stunning. The beach is nice but can't beat idyllic beaches in Mexico, Jamaica or even Turkey. The rooms in the hotel are nice but a bit out-dated. The food in the restaurants is expensive, but indeed that is what we expected. What we didn't expect is a total lack of service and low quality food. A hamburger as in a fast food restaurant, a pasta as in a mediocre drive tru. The waiters seem not to like their job. To learn how it works they should visit the Normandy Barriere in France, a 5-star hotel with high standards. The pools are nice but not wow, not totally clean, not to be compared with design pools in a real 5-star hotel. I can't imagine why this hotel has 5 star. Maybe because of its price list, because of its name. A shame. Only the valet boys and reception deserve a 5 star. We will not return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Directorman1973
New Jersey
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Well I will have to say that this is a mixed review. First everyone that works for the Ritz is friendly, nice and happy to please you, so much so you cannot believe that it is real, but it is!

We made our reservation on the reservation line of the Ritz. When asked about any requests, I said it is our 26th wedding anniversary and I would love an oceanview room, but I really do not want to pay extra for it! The man said, oh that should not be a problem at all, I will make a note of that. Well let me say that it was a problem because he booked me into the GOLF resort NOT the beach resort. I found this out much later when I received an e-mail from the Ritz- Carlton Golf resort saying that my request for a LOW floor was ok. WHAT? who would ask for a low floor? I called them and said I did not say low floor, I said oceanview room! That is when I found out I was booked at the GOLF resort not the Beach Resort. Two very nice ladies at the Ritz fixed this for me, before I got to the hotel and I did get a very nice room at the Vanderbilt Beach Rd. Ritz-Carlton.
At first they were going to give me a room with a limited view but I showed them my e-mail that said OCEANVIEW room and they gave me a key to room 913. The views were wonderful. We could see the ocean and most of Naples. It rained a few hours every day and watching the storms come in was fun. The bed is very comfortable, the bathroom really nice, the room big enough for two people to walk around in without bumping into each other. Great coffee at the cafe downstairs. We would drink it on the balcony.
Great lunch at Gumbo Limbo each day! The best margarita there, but at 16.00 a drink you would expect it to me the best one ever. The price of eating at the Ritz was very high! I mean 24.00 for fish tacos for one, REALLY? But all of Naples was very expensive. I am saying this and I live in NJ where it is very expensive too.
The downside to the Ritz was the slight mold smell they have in the main lobby and basement area. The rooms were fine, I mean there was no smell at all! My husband did not notice the smell but it really hit me every time we had to walk through the lobby or go to the basement for the pool and beach.
There was noise everyday of some kind, like chain saw near the very expensive lunch I was eating at the beach resturant. Landscaping noise as I drank my coffee on the balcony, I mean every single day!
No one told us at anytime that the large pool would be CLOSED for power washing for our entire stay. It finally opened at noontime on our last day. Both pools are done now so they are in great shape for the winter rates!
The only thing I do not understand are the reviews I have read that say the hotel needs updating? Everything looked fine to me. They seem to be fixing stuff all the time. So I have no idea what those people are talking about.
The Gulf of Mexico was very dirty the days we were at this hotel. It may have been all the storms that were going through that made it so dirty but of course this has nothing to do with the hotel at all and they do clean the beach everyday. We did see dolphins in the water by day three. The storms were so bad that there was no scuba diving at all the entire week for my husband.
They do charge for an umbrella on the beach but the chairs are free. They only have valet parking at 26.00 a day. You can park at the golf resort for free and take a shuttle back to the beach resort but that was too much for me (that would take up about 1/2 hour of time) so we just paid the valet fee every day. I think the umbrella on the beach and the parking should be FREE because they make enough money already, and they have an extra parking lot they are NOT even using that could be the FREE parking for the guests. Would I stay here again? Only if the price was right for the room. We got a summer bargain, if I had to pay the regular rate I would not have been this happy with the vacation.

Room Tip: I loved the views from room 913. Ask for a high floor with views of the Gulf of Mexico and the pools...
3 Thank skipthelightfandango
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Love sitting on my balcony overlooking the Gulf. Exceptional hotel. Beautiful property. Great weekend. My wife loved surrounding Naples area. Also played golf at other Ritz Carlton 3 miles away from Cean Ritz

• Stayed July 2012