“Perfect. Simultaneously Family Friendly and Elegant. True luxury through impeccable service.”

The Ritz-Carlton, Naples
Ranked #9 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We went to the Ritz Carlton Naples a couple of weeks ago to avoid Hurricane Irene. Fairly fresh from a stay at the Boca Raton Resort and Club, I expected another experience of a classic hotel in a good location cutting corners due to the economy. I could not have been more wrong. The beachfront Ritz Carlton Naples impressed in every area.

First, I cannot say enough about the service. It was absolutely impeccable and reminded me a lot of how fancy hotels used to be. They truly anticipated every need and appeared happy to meet it. It was formal without being snobby or even stuffy. The staff was very friendly but not too familiar. The grounds were impeccable, both well-maintained and extremely clean. When my daughter spilled her drink all over her food, table, and fabric chair, they did not miss a beat nor appear the least bit upset. When my sister's infant twins started freaking out, they acted like it happened every day and I think would've helped any way they could. When we knew we wanted ice cream later and the shop was about to close, they let us order the ice cream and pick it up later from the concierge desk. When we did, it was packaged beautifully with a complimentary cookie for the kids. There were many other examples of stellar service during the two nights that I was there.

Second, forget Disney, this is the happiest place on earth. This resort beautifully marries elegance with child friendliness in a very unobtrusive way. Not only do they have totally separate adult-only and family-friendly pools, to the side of the family pool, obscured by foliage and totally gated off, they have an amazing toddler area with little picnic tables, water shooting from the ground like at a water park, and a toddler pool that is not a typical toddler pool but a replica of a real grown-up pool. It was kidney shaped with the little metal rail they have in adult pools to hold while going down the steps. I can't remember seeing my 21 month old as happy as he was in this child area. My 5,8, and 11 year olds spent a lot of time in this area, too, playing with him and also playing in the water shooting from the ground. And, at a time when other resorts are nickel and diming patrons at every opportunity, the family pool has free swim diapers in abundance. I mention this not only because it is excellent policy but also because it really demonstrates how this place operates. Also, the children's menu is engaging (kid activities a cut above normal), and the food choices offer meals beyond just burgers and fries. We ate at the sushi / bar restaurant once, and while my brother in law taught my son pool (there were multiple tables and not many people there), my daughter delighted in her obento box looking meal that had fruit, veg, grilled chicken, and a cookie. Adult food here and at the breakfast restaurant were very fresh and delicious as well.

The resort also has a great kids' club. We didn't have the time to devote to a whole or half day, but when we were at the pool, the kids' club was there for a little bit diving for pretend artifacts or something. The kids were having a great time, and the counselors were engaged and cheerful. We also got to see the amazing facility, as the kids' club (called Nature's Wonder Center) has an open house for an hour each day, and my kids delighted in looking at and learning a bit about the sea turtles, fish, and other creatures that were swimming or crawling in the eleven aquariums they have. They really went all out in the facility, from the areas for downtime down to several computers to the little microscopes and lab coats for the kids.

Last but not least, I loved the view. Just standing on the balcony and looking straight out at that ocean would have been worth the hotel price alone. The whole place was idyllic, and my kids enjoyed it at least as much as Disney. I enjoyed it more and cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank vacationer1974
Write a ReviewReviews (2,040)

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I am graduated in hospitality management so I've always heard about the Ritz carlton. I have always wanted to visit for my research and to be able to stay there was a once in a Life time experience. Would stay here again at any give oppertunity. I cannot say enough. It was quite possibly the most luxurious room I have ever stayed in. Peaceful, beautiful, elegant. Excellent food and superb location. If you desire it, the hotel most likely has it.
I definitly recommend this hotel as a deluxe property in all ways. Can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank chezamelia
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We spent a week here, 4 adults, a 4 yo, and a 2 yo. We had adjoining rooms that faced the Gulf. The view was amazing, especially at sunset. We even saw dolphins one day. Everyone had a great time. It was a pretty quiet week, so the pool and beach weren't crowded. It was the perfect time to visit. The restaurants are ok, we enjoyed the tapas and spa restaurants the most. We also took the free shuttle to the golf resort for dinner one night. It was an easy, nice change. Typical of the Ritz, the service was immaculate. We were happy to spend our time onsite, but we did visit the Naples Zoo one morning. It is a unique experience. Highly recommend it for families or nature lovers.

Room Tip: Corner gulf view is the best!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank HCinKC
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We had a wonderful long weekend at this hotel. It was typical Ritz Carlton and we loved it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed in Ritz Carlton, Naples from 8/31-9/4 for some beach and sun before kids have to go back to school (family of 4 with two kids age 7 and 14). We love it! Of all the Ritz Carlton we stayed in US, this one now rank high up there along with our other favorite Ritz Carlton in Laguno Beach in California. We had a gulf view room but upon checkin, the front desk person took pity on us as our trip was delayed 3 days because of the hurricane Irene (couldn't leave from NY), she upgraded us to gulf front room. The room was beautiful looking out to Mexico Gulf from our balcony. The service was top notch without being snubbish. My 7 years old told me that I should be more like Ritz Carlton because everythiing he asked, the answer is always "Yes, my pleasure". (unlike his mom, 90% of the time is "no") The only thing we thought was ridiculous is the charge of $25 for umbrella on the beach. This is a beach resort, one would think that should be part of the service. Other than that, we love this resort. Service at the pool, beach, restaurant, front desk and valet parking were all excellent and can't ask for more. Food at the "Bites" was really good. We ordered 5 dishes and 3 desserts to share and it was fun and the food was delicious (especially the pork belly! I can have 3 orders of that all by myself!)

Room Tip: Gulf front view room
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank NeverWantToGrowUp
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Spent Thanksgiving at the Ritz. Courteous, helpful staff; beautiful facility with gorgeous landscaping. Thanksgiving dinner was four-star. Great golf on two courses.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rbailey43
Reviewed September 9, 2011

This is a top-notch place with a exceedingly well-trained and friendly staff. Rooms and common areas are luxurious. Pool area is well-organized with lots of staff to help with every need. The beach is beautiful. The computers in the biz center actually work without a fuss.

The restaurants were of mixed quality: Gumbo-Limbo was only average by my taste. Poolside cafe was quite pleasant. The Grill was expensive and highly variable. Breakfast was very good.

My only problem with this place was that you really are expected to open up your wallet and fork out. Everything is so expensive, from the $14 drinks at the bar to the $12 a glass wine that costs $9 a bottle retail, to the $26 breakfast, to the $25/night parking fee. I'm told that you have to pay $5 extra if you want to extract your car from the garage during the day. And the rooms aren't cheap either.

Also, many of the open areas (bars/restaurants) seemed to insist on having multiple TV screens going. Why? It's a pleasant place to stay in it's own right. Being distracted by TV screens only detracts from the experience.

In my personal view, I'd prefer a tips-included pricing strategy with more stuff (e.g. Internet) included by default. The way it is now, you come away feeling like you've been nickel-and-dimed (or is it tenned-and-twentied?)

Furthermore, I cannot recommend a visit to this area at this time of year, unless you like sauna baths.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple