“Valet parking [...]”

The Ritz-Carlton, Naples
Ranked #8 of 59 Hotels in Naples
“Valet parking [...]”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2011

Had to wait for 40+ minutes for valet to get my car. Valet promised to give me one day of free parking but the bill I got this morning included parking fees for all days of my stay.

The conference I went to served breakfast and had a reception for one night. Hotel service was slow. Did not have enough staff to bring food on time, serve drinks.

• Stayed June 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
Bristol - UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2011

We stayed here for three nights. We had travelled from ritz carlton grande lake which we found exceptional. This could be there but little things let it down.

We stayed in a club room, however unlike the previous hotel this was not included. The charge was 9.95 per day, however, beware this is per device. On checking out we were charged for three Devises per day, we were also charged for valet parking twice per day, we only had one car!!! This was all sorted out by a lovely, helpful receptionist. But, be warned, check your bill.

The drinks and food were not a patch on the previous hotel.

Having said this, the hotel is still good, hence the rating given.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank jennyBristolUK
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

My wife & I visited Naples, FL for the first time recently and stayed at the Ritz Carlton on the beach in Naples. Although the hotel is one of the older properties in the area, it offers the classic Ritz Carlton experience with exemplary service, comfortable traditional decor and furnishings without any unpleasant surprises. The hotel rates in Naples can vary dramatically between peak demand periods and when we travelled which was during the first week of the off-season. In generally, the hotel is well maintained, but you can tell that the building is far from new. The only slight negative is that the on property food options, although offering generally high quality food, had relatively conservative menus which we became slightly bored with during the week (that said, Naples, FL is not generally renown for having a wide variety of international food options and it is probably not fair to compare the culinary scene there with the restaurant scene in Vancouver, BC). Somewhat surprising to me was the fact that the on-property steak house did not offer USDA prime grade steaks during the time we were there, but we were told by one of the restaurant staff members that they were switching to USDA prime the next month. One thing to note is the Gulf of Mexico is fantastic if you enjoy ocean swimming (as I do) as the water temperature in June is north of 80 degrees Farenheit!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

If we could give this hotel a 20 star rating, we wouldn't hesitate in doing so. Having stayed at many additional Ritz Carltons across the United States and the Caribbean, we discovered this particular one in Naples to be the most enjoyable one. For this review I will stick to the main details that my husband and I found to be absolutely outstanding, but feel free to email me with particular questions you may have.
From the moment we stepped out of our car, the service was an A+. From the car attendants to the Concierge (Suzanne Jackson), to the wait staff in the lobby, to the housekeeping spotless team, to the immaculate lap pool and the attendants that took care of our every desire (Watson and Jackie), to the in-room dining team, to the Front Desk attendants (Zachary and Mallory) who were the finest, most gracious young people doing their job, to the breakfast dining team, to the exquisite grounds and flowering shrubs, to the 6 dolphins who graced us with their presence 5 feet from the shoreline.
When we arrived at the Ritz Carlton I had just buried my beloved father a few days prior to traveling. Needless to say, I needed some healing for my breaking heart. I could never have expected such outstanding service and attention. Our service requests were barely out of our mouths before they were done....like magic they appeared without a complaint, without an 'I'm sorry we can't do that', without a grudge, without an attitude, without an inconvenience. It was as though every staff member had been informed that I was grieving and they were told to take good care of me. Here are the basic points that are unequaled, unrivaled in any other hotel we have ever stayed.
-dining service impeccable; we would rate food as a high 'good'. The breakfast buffet is not to be missed....delicious!!
- The lap pool is appreciated by couples who have raised their children and needed a quieter pool atmosphere. The attendants provided towels, lounge covers and even exercise weights if you needed them. And if you can imagine a drink, they will make it for you. And the pool is spotless
- the hotel rooms are large, spacious, decorated with soft colors and high end furniture.
- our room was facing the sunset side of the Gulf of Mexico and, if you can, we recommend it highly. Every evening was a glorious display of color and drama.
- The Lobby bar, which opens at 5 p.m., offers intimate dining called "Bites" and if you are adventurous you will enjoy small plates, tapas style, of a lovely array of appetizers (oysters, short ribs, filet of beef, pork belly). We enjoyed it twice, with great service (Mary and Carmella) along with the enjoyment of watching other travelers coming into the hotel for a wedding etc. Great fun!
-The service all around was so impeccable that we never had to ask for an extra towel, pillow, more efficient air conditioning, cleaner sheets, better toiletries.
In the end, we have not one complaint.....only that we wish we could have brought everyone home with us. I guarantee that your vacation experience will be stellar here at the Ritz Carlton Naples if you come with the same gracious smile that you are presented with each and every time you say hello to a staff member. I came home feeling pampered and at peace.

Room Tip: Ask for a sunset room
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank V&PBostonMA
Land O Lakes, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

First let me say this is my wife's all-time favorite beach hotel and believe me that's saying something from someone that's not used to handing out such accolades.Check-in was quick and informal and the staff are well trained at accommodating all requests, from the benign( all feather pillows) to the outrageous(fried ice cream(daughter)- not on the menu). Everything down to the chase lounges by the pools are thoughtfully procured to provide a calm, comfortable stay and the beach is one of the best in Florida. When it comes down to it staying at a 5-star Ritz on a great beach is about as good as it gets!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank fldave
South Bend, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Spent a wonderful week here. It's expensive, but very very lovely. The service was excellent, the room was beautiful, the food very good. Had dinner in the steakhouse one evening and it was top notch, with terrific service. My favorite place to eat there was the
Sand Bar at Gumbo Limbo. It was like being in the caribbean, with lush vegetation and beautiful ocean vistas. Seems to be very family friendly, not that we had children with us.
Would love to bring down our grandchildren, when they get a little older!
Very nice spa, beautiful pool areas. We always sat by the lap pool, and it was very
quiet, plenty of seating, and very helpful poolside staff.
We vowed to return next year, and hopefully every year thereafter! :)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JenniferNH
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2011

This hotel is quite nice, but the customer service does not live up to what one expects from a Ritz property. I've stayed here twice for business meetings---both times I found the customer service to be lacking. Front desk check-in process was slow and tedious...specialists were not even slightly accomodating as I waited more than 2 hours to have receive a room (while no one else seemed to be having a problem with room availability). I would certainly not spend this amount of money if it was for a personal vacation---much better values elsewhere!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business