“not quality”

Ranked #56 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Naples, Florida
“not quality”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

in a bad area of town, our gas was stolen right out of our tank at night. the rooms are like something out of a soviet eastern bloc apartment complex ....place was outdated and ugly

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MaximusJourney
, Director of Sales at Quality Inn and Suites Golf Resort, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for taking time to let us know of your experience. At the Quality Inn & Suites Golf Resort, we want to be aware and notified of a situation when customers are satisfied and not so satisfied. Appreciate your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Tampa
Reviewed May 11, 2012

This place is definitely cheap..not a bargain…cheap. I had an unexpected stayover in Naples, and I decided here as it was close to worksite, and the price was low. Yes, the room was clean, but it was in definite need of an upgrade, and you could tell there was a musty odor in the air. I was mentioning to my client I was staying there, and he told me the golf course was falling apart, sadly, as apparently it used to be in good shape. And as other reviewers have posted..yes, that bar area really attracts the low-class, noisy biker type crowd of Collier county. I went to get a beer after work at their bar area, and quickly realized this was someplace I didn’t want to be at, and took it to-go, back to my room. I was really surprised to see one block of rooms on the property are actually apartments for residents. When you see it, it reminds you of what low-income housing projects look like..Again, I put up with it for 1 night..hard to see me ever coming back…

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Calvin27

Travelers are raving about these Naples hotels

Baltimore
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed 7 nights, the last week of March, 2012. Great rate for Naples area, you are 15 minute ride to the beach. The property has a nice pool area and hot tub. We stayed on the 4th floor with bacony over looking the driving range. Didn't spend any time at the Tiki Bar but it was always crowded and the karaoke was not a problem in our room. All rooms have small refrigerator and microwave. They have a nice complementary breakfast with seating inside and out on nice covered patio. They have a small fitness room with good treadmill, eliptical and bike and a rack of dumb bells, I think I was the only one using it the entire week.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Palmtreelover_12
Brooksville, Florida
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We only spent one night at this hotel, but plan on going back and staying for at least a few days. I had to wait a few minutes when checking in, as there were several guests ahead of me, so I looked around and saw the notices about the karaoke near the pool at night. With that knowledge, I asked for a quiet room away from the noise, and we were placed in Room 301 - in the building adjacent to the main part of the resort. The very nice woman at the desk told me if the room was not suitable, to come back and she would find another room. (But it was perfect - we never heard a sound)
The room was clean and smelled fine. The sliding doors opened onto a balcony with two chairs. There is a fridge and microwave in the room, as well as a safe. There is free wireless, but I didn't use it. We had a very comfortable sleep.
There is a restaurant in the main building, and in the morning there is a choice of a free continental breakfast, or you can buy a full breakfast. We opted for the continental. It was the typical fare - nothing special. The coffee was excellent. The bagels were a little stale.
We ate on the back patio, which is near the pool and alongside the tiki bar. It was a very quiet and pleasant place to relax while we had our coffee.
We didn't use the pool, but there were a lot of people in it when we checked in. I think a very big draw of this place is the golfing (which we don't do). There were a lot of people in golf carts.
It is about 20 minutes away from the heart of Naples, but comparing the prices of the hotels in Naples to the price of this one - it was definitely worth the drive. It is not in an upscale neighborhood, but I never felt like I wouldn't be safe there.
We will stay at this hotel again when we come back to Naples.

Room Tip: For a quieter room ask for a room away from the karaoke and tiki bar
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank sunshine02008
Webster, New York
Reviewed March 20, 2012

This place may not have been the worst I have ever stayed at but it was pretty lame for the money they charge. The carpeting in the room was NASTY as was the furniture. The room had an odor of smoke even though it was a nonsmoking room. The wireless worked OK except my IPhone4 would not authenticate. My wife's IPhone3 worked fine on the wireless as well as the laptop. The breakfast was OK but a little skimpy. You could buy a cooked to order breakfast but it was a bit pricey. I would probably NOT stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AFCol
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 28, 2012

The Quality Inn is a decent place to stay - especially for the price - but it is a lot further from the beach than maps would indicate. There are a lot of amenities and it's a good value but the hotel appears to be in a rather dodgy neighborhood. It's a hike (15-20 minute drive) to the beaches of Naples - but there is a really nice pool and golf course at the property. All the rest of the usual items were all a "check:" Good breakfast, clean room, free parking & internet, polite staff, nice pool & restaurant / bar at the property. For the price, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the golf course - nicer view thant the parking lot (but maybe not quieter?)
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Lisagmd
francesNaples_Fl, Manager at Quality Inn and Suites Golf Resort, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you for your thoughts and stay at the Quality Inn & Suites Golf Resort. Also thanks for taking time to let us know about your experience and suggestion of the outdoor entertainment.

The outdoor entertainment by the outdoor Chickee Bar is advertised and mentioned during your check-in and stay at the hotel. We welcome you to stop by during your next travel to Naples, FL.
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Good value for the money. Stayed for 1 week received 30% discount. Clean room, nice staff, good breakfast. Only bad point was the karaoke from 7-11 Wed-Sat. Best to stay far from the bar if you sleep light.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple