LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort
Trianon Old Naples(Naples)(Great Value!)
$212
$189
Hotels.com
Inn of Naples(Naples)(Great Value!)
$129
Bayfront Inn 5th Ave(Naples)(Great Value!)
$139
Preferred Hotels
$414
$369
  • Restaurant
Naples Grande Beach Resort(Naples)
$368
$269
  • Pool
Best Western Naples Inn & Suites(Naples)(Great Value!)
$166
$132
getaroom.com
2,334 results
All reviewsla playabaleen restaurantgulf towerbeachfront roomfire pitbeach servicevalet parkingocean frontthe ritzmain towervalet servicegulf of mexicoresort feebeach attendantsbeautiful beachvalet guyslarge balcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 9, 2006

My family and I stayed at the La Playa the last week of December of 2005 and were generally satisfied with the hotel. At first we stayed at the beach house and had a room overlooking the pool which was nice. While we were there, we decided to stay a few extra nights but because our room was already committed, we had to move. I was told by Bing at the reservation desk that the new room would be exactly the same as the old room but lo and behold, it wasn't. There was no place for my youngest son to sleep and I raised hell with the front desk whereupon Christie, the hotel manager, put us in a room in the tower that had a beautiful ocean view. Also, I strongly believe that one of the valet staff damaged my car while parking it but the rooms director (David) has been avoiding my phone calls and has been reluctant to do a thorough investigation into the incident. I got billed over $1,200 from the car rental company for the damage. Also, although the Balleen is a nice restaurant, be prepared to pay an arm and a leg for just an average breakfast. Overall, the La Playa is nice and the concierge (both of them) are very helpful.

Stayed: December 2005
8  Thank rdavida
Reviewed February 3, 2006

My husband, two children, and I visited the La Playa resort for a week in April of 2005. We had a good time, but are neutral as to going back. The hotel didn't look like the brochure.

Room: Our second story beachfront room was nice and large with two queen sized beds (a rare and pleasant find) as well as a clean bathroom. Balcony was a bit moldy, plus the carpet near it's screen door was water stained. Turn down service always left a surprising find after dinner.

Dining: Is not worth the money! Baleen was good, but just not great. The weekend breakfast buffet was marginal, and on weekdays, breakfast was a la carte. Pastries were dry and seemed to have been microwaved. The quality of dinner didn't seem up to the restaurant's claimed standards. We were required to have reservations, even when most tables were not occupied. We were turned away one night, until my husband tipped the hostess, then magically a table became available. The food served did not meet what the menu described. My fourteen-year-old son had thought he had ordered a filet of fish, but was served the whole fish, skin, bones, and head.

Pool: There were several small pools, but good for kids. It was easy to find shade, so we didn't waste our money on a cabana. By the poolside tiki bar, they did not have the fountains filled with water up and running like in the brochure. They were left carelessly as rusted eyesores. We asked why, and were told it was not fountain season. Drinks and lunch were extremely expensive poolside.

Beach: The beach was long and extended through a residental area, up very close to the hotel. The gulf was quite rough, so we stayed out of the water looking for shells (we mostly found broken up bits that made the beach difficult to walk on). We didn't go sit out on the beach and we found cheap plactic lawn chairs instead of the teak cushioned lounge chairs dipicted in the brochure.

One afternoon I took my ten-year-old daughter for a walk on the beach, leaving our shoes on a small landing next to the pool that lead to steps onto the sand. I was expecting at a luxury resort that we would have come back to find them in the same place. My flipflops remained on the landing, but in a different spot. However, my daughter's expensive Jack Roger sandals were not in sight. Who would steal someone else's worn (but pretty) shoes? The beach staff was very attentive in looking for the sandals and seemed to be as dismayed in their disappearance as we were. After searching the beach and pool area for them, they reported it to the aloof clerk at the front desk. A day later we got them back, after a staff member found them stuffed in a bag in an elevator hand rail.

We expected more from La Playa than we received, expecially since owned and managed by the same company that owns Little Palm Island in the Keys. If going to La Playa, don't expect brochure quality.

• Stayed: April 2005
16  Thank traveler1345
Reviewed January 1, 2006

We spent 5 nights at La Playa at the end of December, 2005, after deciding that the Ritz was just too expensive. It was a great choice. We stayed in the Beach House, no more than 20 yards from the ocean, and slept to the sounds of the surf. The rooms were very nice (although could have used a bit more lighting), and the beach and pool area were lovely (although the pool area was a bit cramped). The fitness center was one of the largest and nicest that I've seen at a hotel (which was great for our 19-year-old son).

The biggest difference from the Ritz was the service. While La Playa's service was perfectly acceptable, it did not come close to the "it would be my pleasure" level of service at the Ritz. And there were a few maintenance items (lights out in the stairwells, persnickety electronic door lock) that were not fixed during our visit.

We saved money on the rooms by booking them through a Funjet package, which included the resort fee and parking. I really don't like the valet parking, as it inhibits quick trips, but I understand that that parking is limited and they stack the cars in the garage. The resort is about a 20-25 min. drive (depending on traffic, which can be pretty bad) from Old Naples, which also inhibited traveling there very often.

But all told, La Playa is was a really lovely place, and for the difference in price from the Ritz, an excellent choice.

• Stayed: December 2005
11  Thank siouxknox
Reviewed December 28, 2005

We travelled to La Playa for a week after having spent time in Orlando. Having stayed previously on Marco Island we thought it would be hard to beat but this was fantastic - location was great, beach clean (albeit when we went weather had been poor so sea abit on the rough side),room clean and good design,staff very friendly (valet staff bias towards US citizens though..some of us Brits do give good tips but only to those who deserve it!)
We walked down the beach past the Ritz Carlton - it was haing so much work done it looked terrible - we were glad we chose La Playa and not our orginal choice!
We also met some locals in town who were very complimentary about the hotel which is good to hear.
Overall fantastic!

• Stayed: October 2005
9  Thank ClaireB1
Reviewed December 25, 2005

I was looking for a place to take my my wife for her birthday and read many reviews on this site. I chose LaPlaya because of the comments about the beach. My wife enjoys the beach and it did not dissapoint. In fact, the LaPlaya has the best beach of any we visited and we visited several during our stay including Marco Island and Sanibel as well as the rest of Naples. The beach at LaPlaya (Vanderbilt) was the best for walking and just hanging out. It was too cold for swimming at this time of year.

We stayed in the Beach House which is right on the beach and you could hear the waves from your room. The Gulf Tower was closed from the hurricane but we went up to see the view which was fantastic. I would think either would be a fine choice. For about $100 less per night you can stay across the street in the Bay Tower. The rooms are said to be very nice and it's only a short walk to the pool and beach. I prefer to be right on the beach but you can save $$'s staying in the Bay Tower.

We ate dinner at the La Playa's restaurant (Baleens). It was excellent.

As for other choices in Naples, the Ritz Carlton is very nice (just down the street)but more expensive. It is more expansive and offers many choices for activities and dining. The grounds and pool are beautiful. We still like the La Playa because of the easy beach access. The beach is 20 yards from the property.

Make sure you go to Old Naples during your stay. It's a 15-20 minute drive from the La Playa. The shops and restaurants are great. Pick any and you'll be satisfied.

• Stayed: December 2005