My wife and I spent our honeymoon at La Playa in September. We had a great time! Our room was great and I've never stayed in a place with a better view. But when your hotel sits right on the beach like La Playa its hard to have a bad view. We stayed on the 11th floor in the tower. Everything in the room was comfortable and convenient.
Also, unlike some of the other reviews I've seen, I thought that the entire staff was very friendly and efficient.
They always seemed to be around when we needed something and were happy to help. WE loved sitting around the pool and ordering drinks from the waitresses. Unfortuanately, however, the past reviews are correct when they say how pricey everything is. Drinks at the pool run around $10 each. We just brough a cooler of beer down to the pool with us and then ordered mixed drinks every now and then.
As for the area, we both loved Naples and want to go back sometime. La Playa is about a 15 minute drive from Old Naples. Old Naples has tons of great restaraunts, bars, and shops. It's a very upscale town but has a very laid back feel. We wished the hotel had been a little closer. We also wished the hotel had a shuttle that would take you down there. We were a little disappointed that they did not. I think a cab ride costs about $30 each way so you almost have to drive, which is pretty inconvenient.
Finally, the only other negative thing I would say about La Playa would be that Baleen and the Spa Terra are overrated and overpriced. Neither of us enjoyed the massage we got at the spa and the restaraunt is way overpriced for the quality of food. Especially considering all the great restaraunts around Naples. I would recommed skipping dinner at Baleen and making the short walk down the beach to the Turtle Club for dinner.
I don't want to make this sound like a negative review, however. Both my wife and I had a great time at the resort and would gladly return. If you think about FLorida, Naples is a great vacation destination and I would recommend giving La Playa a try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step onto the beach from your private oceanfront guestroom at one of the best Naples, Florida beach resorts. Be greeted by cloudless skies, sparkling turquoise waters and white sandy beaches every morning at our Florida beach resort. As a guest of LaPlaya Beach and Golf Resort, this image of paradise is your daily reality. One of Florida's finest resort hotels, LaPlaya rests between the Gulf of Mexico and picturesque Vanderbilt Bay, offering guests a rare chance to experience South Florida's tropical beauty from front-row seats. Compared to most luxury Florida resorts, LaPlaya Beach and Golf Resort reflects the contemporary lifestyle and easygoing attitude of South Florida. LaPlaya Beach Resort is a place where guests can truly feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Playa Beach Hotel
- La Playa Naples Florida
- Naples La Playa Beach
- Naples La Playa Resort
- Playa Beach Hotel
- La Playa Beach Resort Naples
- La Playa Resort Naples
- Laplaya Beach And Golf Resort