“Wonderful and relaxing”

LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort
Ranked #16 of 59 Hotels in Naples
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 16, 2009

La Playa was a great place to stay, calm and relaxed. All the staff were casual, friendly and helpful. The room was terrific, with a great balcony and view. We were across the street in the Bay Towers, and we loved it. We also enjoyed the fitness center and took several yoga classes. Today is our last day, and we really hate to leave.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort

Reviewed July 11, 2009

This was one awesome getaway. I have stayed at all the big chains and the La Playa did not disappoint me. I was not a fan of constant tipping for everything but the Valet parking attendants ran everywhere to eliminate any wait time for the guest. The beach butler was an awesome experience. The beach was quiet and everyone was so friendly. This comment may not mean much to any of you but being African American and getting the same treatment as everyone else was great. That has not always been the case in some very expensive places we have stayed. Thanks La Playa.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1jesus
LaPlayaDORM, Director of Revenue at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2009

Thank you for your review! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to LaPlaya. We take special pride in the wonderful service provided by our staff and I will be sure to pass along your positive comments to both our Valet and Beach Butlers. We look forward to welcoming you back to LaPlaya when your schedule allows.

Reviewed July 6, 2009

The rooms are large , luxurious and very stylish. our rooms had fantastic views over the lagoon and Naples. The service was first class although with the high value of the dollar against the pound meals were not such good vale. Superbly located right on the beach you raise a flag next to your sunbed for waiter service.

Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
LaPlayaDORM, Director of Revenue at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2009

Thank you for your review and for choosing LaPlaya Beach and Golf Resort.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We take special pride in the quality of our guestrooms and especially our wonderful staff. And while our Beachfront guestrooms are normally the most popular, our rooms overlooking Vanderbilt Bay are a hidden gem.

Our renowned Baleen restaurant just announched a phenomenal three course Prix Fix Menu daily for $32US - an amazing rate for such an award winning establishment. We hope this information is helpful to you and future guests. We look forward to welcoming you back the next opportunity you have to visit Naples, FL.

Reviewed June 26, 2009

I had seen this resort featured as a prize vacation giveaway on Regis&Kelly and thought that was a good recommendation. Maybe my expectation s were too high. Would I go back....yes, if there were a price special on the rooms. Or I felt they had corrected a few things. Landscaping, pool areas, fitness center were excellent. Internet in rooms is said to 'high speed', it was pretty slow if you do anything more than read your e-mails. See below for more.

ABOUT THE ROOM:
GOOD STUFF:
-Best Thing: the balconies and the view. Balconies were large with two chaise lounges fitting comfortably. The view from the 13th floor was awesome
-spacious, nice furnishings for the most part
-a veritable library of books on the shelves
- tub/shower had a view of the ocean
BAD STUFF:
-the tub was not level so water splashed against the wall ran out onto the bathroom floor. We had to build a dam of towels.
-the air conditioning in both rooms did not cool well at all( we stayed in two different rooms due to availability issues stemming from last minute reservations)
-needs updating like paint, chairs that were a ittle wobbly, the tub, caulking
-we had a jet tub in both rooms but couldn't get the jets to work. I would blame user error except that I worked in a spa and knew how to operate this tub.
-If you went on the balcony with bare feet, they were black when you were done.

THE BEACH
GOOD STUFF:
-beach, water and the added interest of turtle nests right in front of you was great.
-resort fee(not optional) includes chaises, umbrella, towels and table to be set up at your request.
-food and beverage service to your beach chair was fast and friendly.
-gorgeous sunsets
-reasonable rate on renting a catamaran sailboat.$45 an hour
BAD STUFF:
-even though you sign in for your chair and ubrella and are given a flag with a specific number on it for ordering, if you leave your chair for a while you may return to find it taken by others. Staff said we had to leave something personal behind on the chair to save it. hmmm
-the tables they brought out to your spot on the beach were old, with paint peeling off and dirty. the first day we got one with cobwebs under it.
-if they have warning that the winds will be above a certain speed(they couldn't tell what the number was) they take your umbrella away. It doesn't matter if the winds increase, they just have to have that warning.
-some of the 'beach chair staf' were les than enthusiastic about setting up your chairs for you, while others laid out your towels, answered questions, made sure the umbrella was just right.
FOOD
GOOD STUFF:
-you can get it delivered to your chair at the beach
-there are grocery stores nearby. go shopping and bring it to the room. Eat it on your balcony
BAD STUFF:
-it was all pretty mediocre
-it was all at the expected, inflated resort prices.
-even Baleen, their signature restaurant was underwhelming

3  Thank kcw1963
LaPlayaDORM, Director of Revenue at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2009

Greetings from La Playa! Thank you for your recent stay with us, and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed almost every aspect of your visit. However, I am sorry that we did not meet all your expectations.

Hopefully I can help clarify some aspects of your concerns. Regarding your high speed internet access that is currently offered in our guestrooms, we are pleased that we will be upgrading this to full service Wireless Internet access by the end of the summer .

It is true that our Beach servers do take the precaution of removing the beach umbrellas when the wind is excessive. Besides the enjoyment of our guests, their safety and security is also a priority to us.

I have forwarded your comments regarding the challenge you experienced with our jetted Jacuzzi tub to our Chief Engineer - we usually receive warm comments regarding how luxurious it is for guests to enjoy their tub soak while taking is our breathtaking views.

I do hope that this information proves beneficial to yourself and to future guests. Thank you again for choosing La Playa - we hope to welcome you back someday soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2009

Found this resort on the internet, I have to admit I was kind of worried since somtimes you see one thing and when you actually arrive you get another, well not here the rooms are wonderful, super clean, beds are comfy, and the staff WOW!!! every single person we spoke to was so nice, courteous always making sure we had everything we needed, from the pool area to the beach , just everywhere, the valet guys were awesome the day we were leaving one of them gave my son some shells he had collected from his vacation, my son said "mom everyone here is so nice".
I cant even explain the beautiful view , we stayed on the 7th floor beach front view, big balcony, my daughter would wake up every morning and would run right to it, push open the curtains to look out, she is 20 months and was facinated. My husband and I were just looking for a nice quiet place to relax and be pampered and we FOUND IT.... cant wait to return.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
LaPlayaDORM, Dir. of Revenue at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2009

Thank you for your recent review. I am so happy to hear that we could make this a wonderful visit for your family and especially your children We take pride in our Resort and especially our Staff.

We look forward to welcoming your family back in the future.

A Shaffer
Dir. of Revenue

Reviewed June 20, 2009

Having just spent four nights at La Playa we were sorry to have to return home. We hadn't been to La Playa in four years and after reading some of the reviews was a little concerned. I can't imagine anyone finding anything to complain about this lovely resort. We had a room overlooking the gulf with a wonderful balcony to watch the most magnificent sunsets. Had the pleasure of eating dinner at Baleen and the food was excellent and worth every penny. Beach service was very good and we had our lunch delivered every day without ever leaving the beach. I highly recommend La Playa if you're planning a vacation to Naples and we can't wait to return!

Reviewed June 19, 2009

We picked this hotel for a romantic getaway based on the photos from the website. The biggest mistake came from not reading the reviews ahead of time. There many disappointing things about things resort that made this such a bad experience.
PROS:
Very simple......the best part of the trip was the front desk manager, Chris, who made every attempt to be as accomodating as possible. He was extremely friendly and pleasant. He made sure our early check in was done expeditiously and was always available for help.
The only other positive aspect of the resort is the valet staff. Each of them were very polite, always smiled, and made terrific suggestions for the area's activities.
CONS:
1. We had breakfast at Baleen and almost immediately afterward, I began to feel sick to my stomach and experienced nausea. As hours went by, it turned into episodes of vomiting, to the point that I had to go to the urgent care center down the street for medical treatment. Unfortunately, because of the medication I received, I fell asleep and missed out on a whole night's worth of our trip.
2. If anyone is attracted to this resort because of the on the beach romantic dining, beware that the price for a couple begins at $400.00
3. There was construction going on in the pool area, which made it noisy and the cranes above the pool kept it from being a relaxing experience. There were several different types of bugs and insects in the pool. Also, adults did not have a designated area, so children were running around and splashing all over the place.
4. The front desk personnel in the spa are very rude and unprofessional, specifically Roblyn. She could not schedule the requested service because even though the spa was open until 7pm and it was 2pm at the time, she did not know if massage the massage therapists would want to stay and work, according to her. There was an employee who called in sick, which is not the problem of the guests or a catastrophe, as Roblyn made it out to be. I was under the impression that services were available during business hours and do not understand how they would be dependent on whether or not an employee feels like working. One persons sick day should not affect an entire day of client care. It was only when the resort's front desk manager intervened, did the situation get resolved.
The soaking tub during the massage was not at all what I had anticipated. The tub is on a balcony above pool area only separated by a curtain. Not only can you hear all of the noise from the pool, but the construction going on made the process very ironic.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
LaPlayaDORM, Director of Revenue at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2009

Greetings from La Playa! Thank you for your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review us. I am so sorry to hear that you did not receive the exemplary service that so many of the other Trip Advisor guests have experienced. Hopefully I can help clarify and address some aspects of your stay.

We regret to hear that you were feeling under the weather during your stay. Upon hearing of your illness during your check out process, our Front Office Manager immediately notified our Food and Beverage Manager. We are pleased to report that no other incidents of illness were reported from the other eleven guests who chose your same entrée.

We aim to offer rates competitive with the other luxury resorts in Naples and, given our direct beachside location and four diamond service provided, feel we are an excellent value. We do offer two dining options, including the renowned Baleen Restaurant as well as more informal dining at our Tiki Bar.

Our SpaTerre is extremely popular with all of our guests and as such we do recommend advance reservations to secure your desired appointment time. Unfortunately when you arrived at 2pm, the afternoon services were already booked. As we always strive to accommodate our guest’s needs, we were able to secure an additional Therapist for you at short notice and I am so pleased to hear that you were feeling well enough to enjoy the Spa.

As we are continually improving our property, we are very excited about the new Cabanas being placed poolside and I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to this upgrade.

I will be sure to pass along your praise of our Front Office staff and to hear that they were accommodating and able to secure your early check in. I do hope that this information proves beneficial to you and to future guests. Thank you again for choosing La Playa - we hope to welcome you back someday soon.