“Birthday getaway”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Birthday getaway”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We just stayed here for two nights in the Beach House in a Gulf front room. It was heavenly from the moment we arrived! All of the personnel are extremely friendly and helpful. We spent one day on the beach and loved just laying there and raising our flag for Shaun, our beach butler. He was so attentive and so personable! Wow are they lucky to have found him! We then had a wonderful dinner in their restaurant, Ballen, and would only recommend that they add white table linens for dinner. Can't wait to go back sometime!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Matthew M, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay! As you stated, our mission is to make your stay as relaxing and enjoyable from the moment you arrive. Our beach area is just one example of this, as it is designed so that you may never leave your lounge should you choose, with our full Tiki Bar menu available for delivery right to your chair. We have an experienced and dedicated team, like Shaun, to ensure that is the case. We are elated to see that you enjoyed our premier beachfront restaurant, Baleen, as well. Baleen offers an exceptional dining experience rivaled by few, but enjoyed by many! Thank you for choosing LaPlaya as your vacation destination and for sharing your experience. We look very much forward to your return visit someday soon!

Rooms Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (670)
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed 3 nights in August with our 3 children and didn't leave the hotel once. We had ocean front interconnecting rooms in the main building and the view was breathtaking. The beach is glorious, restaurant excellent, staff attentive and friendly. It was expensive but you know that before you arrive. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: Ocean front is really worth the money for the view!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Daviesbp
Thank you for your kind review of LaPlaya! We take great pride in providing our guests with a remarkable resort experience, based on the very aspects of hospitality that your review described. Whether it is the newly renovated rooms, expansive views, sugary sanded beach, or our regularly recognized and dedicated staff, LaPlaya is a special place with great people. Our goal is always to exceed your expectations, and we are so pleased to see that we achieved that during your visit! We hope to welcome you back again in the near future for another memory-filled vacation!

Best regards,

Iowa
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I recently stayed for three nights at La Playa for a business meeting. I generally do not do hotel reviews but this hotel truly deserves one. Everything about the property was fantastic. The rooms were well appointed, clean and fantastic views. The thing that really stands out about this property, however, is the staff. Every single person I encountered was terrific. Notably, Robert and Miguel in the sales/catering went above and beyond to make sure that everything for our group was taken care of. We had a couple of small issues and I never had to worry that they wouldn't be solved. It was greatly appreciated.
My one free day to enjoy the beach was unfortunately rained out. Instead of hiding out in my room I decided to hang out in the Tiki Bar, so I could at least be sort of outside. The service and food was great. Daniel was super. Thanks to his entertainment I didn't feel the day was a complete loss.
Overall, this was a fantastic property. If we have another meeting in the area we will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
What a tremendous review, thank you for taking the time to share details of your visit with us and other travelers! Although we focus heavily on the fundamentals of providing a clean resort with well appointed guestrooms (and those marvelous views!) you are correct in our staff setting us apart. We take great pride in providing superb service through a team of true hospitality professionals who are genuinely helpful and friendly. As you described, there can always be issues of varying degrees and we dedicate ourselves to resolving these in a prompt, courteous, and satisfactory way for each of our guests when they do occur from time to time. We are sorry to hear your free day was rain filled, but thrilled to see that Daniel at the Tiki Bar was able to provide the kind of entertainment that helped you avoid a day of total loss. He will surely appreciate you taking a moment to recognize him! We are grateful that you intend to return, and can’t wait to welcome you back with open arms!

Kind regards,

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This time we had an apartmentment on the waters edge on the third floor so I can compare to the rooms over the road. Well the view is spectacular, the walk to the main building easier and the rooms are first class. The balconies over the road and rooms are bigger so take your choice - for a little extra my choice would be on the beach.

Room Tip: If you're staying a week then check out the daily deal
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Timstirling
Thank you for returning to LaPlaya again and for your positive review! Although we have, and continue to make, improvements in all of our guest rooms, our beach front rooms in the Gulf Tower and Beach House do offer some exclusive differences. The proximity to the beach is unrivaled, and the large balconies to watch those gorgeous sunsets from are hard to beat! As you mentioned, our Bay Tower rooms do offer larger rooms and balconies, and are located just across a small residential street – all with amazing views as well. Thank you again for your return visit and continued patronage of LaPlaya. We highly value your business, and look forward to welcoming you back for your third visit!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I can't say enough about laplaya. I have traveled throughout the Caribbean and Florida and usually at 4 and 5 star resorts. always marveled at the reviews on the site but never wrote one myself as I was never so moved to do do until today. Am actually still here and we are enjoying the poolside cabana ( only $60 on this weekend off season day). Facility has 3 pools and literally on the beach. A few hundred feet maybe more. We chose an oceanfront room and not even the " deluxe" and are on the 5 th floor . the balcony is wondrous, large and with the best most comfortable cushioned, i might add, chairs and a lounger . The room was spacious well appointed a very comfortable bed large bathroom and many wooden hangers( 15) in the closet. Refrigerator, no DVD however. Dinner at the hotel restaurant was truly gourmet, and a table
outside was beautifully lit. They have a fire pit with many adirondac chairs. Resort pools were beautiful were 3 and grotto like and I suggest the back pool , more quiet and the cabana service was not to be believed. We were surprised the day we arrived looking around at the pool area and met Craig who works at the pool area . I was struck my his attentiveness and suggestions as to exactly which would be the best cabana for what we like ( me the sun, my force the shade. And we were not disappointed today when our cabana was perfect. Several comfortable chairs inside a tabke umbrella outside to chairs too, my the side of the pools. A container of ice and water bottles, several cool cloths. And the energy level of Craig and the other servers today, nancy, cori were constantly positive and helpful and available , honestly this is the best time I have spent at a beach resort. Not too big , or small and the resort the pictures were true! Tiki bar a is. The beach access is incredibly easy. The pools also have Ada access too. I would avoid the rooms " across the street" which might be what is called resort view / only because I think you miss the dence of being in the lovely sanctuary . Easy too to get to room from the pool not a winding lobby etc. two weddings here but still we weren't disturbed. Also front desk and restaurant staff were truly considerate and engaging, happy to be working here. Without the arrogance and sorry feel you can take awAy from other places. Loved the ritz carlton here in naples but honestly would come back here!

• Stayed September 2013
We are so excited to see that you were moved enough to write your review while still staying with us! You pointed out so many of the features that make LaPlaya a truly unique resort experience, but the service provided by our team is of the utmost importance and focus here at LaPlaya. I’m sure Corey and Nancy at the Tiki Bar, and Craig at the pool will be most appreciative of your high praise!
Our proximity to the beach is second to none, and we strive to make our beach and pool experience as easy to use as possible, including providing a great value in our relaxing poolside cabanas! As an independently owned boutique resort, reviews such as yours are so important to us. We understand that as a traveler you have innumerable choices in accommodations, and we strive to consistently provide the best product and service for each and every guest, each and every day. Whether it’s a weekend getaway, a wedding, or family reunion, we offer a distinct experience for a wide array of guests. We are so pleased that our resort and service ultimately leads to reviews and vacations as you have described. We hope to welcome you back as soon as possible!

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Me and my wife stayed at the hotel for a couple days. We had such a great time. Room was clean are service was excellent
Baleen is the place to be if you really like great service . Very friendly service over all. Can't wait to go back !!!! Highly recommended !!!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for displaying such excitement in your review of LaPlaya! We focus every day on the fundamentals of great hospitality: friendly service, a clean environment, and extraordinary food and beverage. We take service especially seriously, and I’m sure our staff will be excited to see they were successful in making your stay a memorable one. After all, that is what our dedicated team of hospitality professionals is here to do, allow our guests to create memories that will last! We can’t wait to have you back very soon for another getaway!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This was our first trip to Naples and we were torn between this and the Ritz. Chose this because of the beach house w/ Lanai room. Excellent decision. The room was very nicely decorated, comfy, small bathroom, but clean. Can't beat being able to step out the doors of your Lanai and be on the beach. However, two things to keep in mind. It's a patio slider door, so if you do that, your room is now open to whomever if you're on the first floor. Second, I don't know from Marine biology, but we were there in June, which is sea turtle nesting season. They nest right on the beach outside the rooms. So, while I have no problem w/ that (they were here first, after all) you do have to keep your drapes tightly drawn and no light on the patio, which made reading outside impossible, but it was pretty cool to learn about them and to experience that. Just be careful of the little guys if you're walking on the beach at night!
Restaurants were great. Don't remember where I had it, but I still fantasize about the fish tacos. Staff everywhere was great. The whole place had a cool 60's chic that I loved, I half expected to see Frank Sinatra walk by us at the Tiki bar. Pools were clean, if a little crowded. I don't think I would go in the high season. As it was, the beach setups (2 chaises, table, umbrella) were on top of each other. We had the misfortune of being set up next to a pretty obnoxious, and apparently regular family reunion, so no relaxation that day. LaPlaya is obviously catering to a certain monied set of a certain age, and they seem to be regulars, but I wouldn't hesitate to take my kids next time, as it was also somewhat family-friendly. On that note, I will add that I could've lived w/out the cute and cuddly turtle stuffed animal in our room upon check-in. As it was, it was just my husband and I, but if we'd've had out 2 little girls w/ us, we would've either been forced to rip the little guy from their pleading arms, or plunk down a cool $24 ea. for one. I know that's what LaPlaya's banking on, but come on. You're better than that. If you're in the area, don't miss the Naples botanic garden.

Room Tip: Beach house Lanai rooms are lovely, but similar to condos. Expect little to no privacy. These are...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank intdznrmum
Thank you staying with us at LaPlaya and for sharing your experience! Honest feedback from our guests is our greatest tool to continually improve our product and service, all while pursuing our goal of providing a resort experience with friendly service, clean environment, and unparalleled food and beverage. Through our partnership with the Naples Conservancy, we take our responsibility to be good stewards of the environment seriously -- which of course includes the Loggerhead Sea Turtle nesting season. We understand that some of ordinances regarding the protection of these beautiful creatures can be inconvenient and do our best to limit the impact on our guests. At times our beach does become quite popular, and we sorry to see that your enjoyment was negatively affected. To that end we are happy to report that re-nourishment of our beach is taking place and will aid greatly in adding significant room on the beach for years to come! We certainly look forward to having you return, possibly with your children, in the near future and thank you again for your positive review!