Just returned from a great stay (long weekend) at La Playa. Everything was perfect, and beyond our expectations.
From the start, we loved the true customer service we received, and that alone will keep us coming back. I am an oncology patient, so traveling sometimes comes with some hiccups. Besides a wonderful room assignment in a beachfront tower room, we were greeted by a bottle of champagne to celebrate my "chemo vacation" - a personal touch that meant so much to us! Can't thank the staff enough for their personal attention.
We arrived early after a brunch with local family fell through, but the hotel was able to check us in early. They were also able to give us a 1pm check out on departure day. The view from our beachfront room was beautiful! A joy to wake up to every morning. The window in the marble shower was also a nice surprise, allowing you to shower, or soak in the whirlpool tub, while still enjoying the gulf view. I'd probably pass on it if traveling with family/friends as that might be awkward (you can see into the shower from the dining area and balcony...), but traveling as a couple - loved it! Beautiful pools and grounds, cabanas available for rent if you desire, great location on a white sand beach.
Every staff member was attentive and friendly. Valet service deserves a special note: On our first evening I needed a quick ER visit. My husband had called the Valet to bring the car around and ask where the hospital was. By the time we got downstairs, our car was there, as well as printed instructions to get to the ER. (bonus - ER was empty, and I was in and out in record time, just under 2 hours!)
Our beach attendant Shaun was also a stand-out, giving us tips on places to go/things to do, while always making sure we had plenty of iced water on the beach, as well as any food/drink we ordered. Chris, at the beach hut, was also on top of things. By our 2nd day he knew our preferences and tried to meet them. A simple call down to him and our lounges were set up and reserved, and we were told our flag number for the day. Ordering food/drinks was as simple as raising our flag.
We planned on making it to the spa - but never did. We did however eat at the restaurant, Baleen, and found it above average. With so many dining choices in the area, there are certainly better places to eat, but the view and atmosphere are unbeatable, so make sure to try and fit in a dinner here. We also had lunch on the beach daily...ordering the veggie wraps 3 times. Not sure if I was just in a veggie wrap mood, or if they were really that exceptional, after all, it's just a veggie wrap. But, I did copy down the ingredients, and plan on making them for myself this weekend. Hopefully they'll be as good. Also had breakfast a few times. The French toast with apple compote - to die for!
We only had 4 days this trip, but are already looking into a trip over the winter. I'd recommend La Playa to anyone looking for a beach vacation in SW Florida.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step onto the beach from your private oceanfront guestroom at one of the best Naples, Florida beach resorts. Be greeted by cloudless skies, sparkling turquoise waters and white sandy beaches every morning at our Florida beach resort. As a guest of LaPlaya Beach and Golf Resort, this image of paradise is your daily reality. One of Florida's finest resort hotels, LaPlaya rests between the Gulf of Mexico and picturesque Vanderbilt Bay, offering guests a rare chance to experience South Florida's tropical beauty from front-row seats. Compared to most luxury Florida resorts, LaPlaya Beach and Golf Resort reflects the contemporary lifestyle and easygoing attitude of South Florida. LaPlaya Beach Resort is a place where guests can truly feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TravelUp, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Playa Beach Hotel
- La Playa Naples Florida
- Naples La Playa Beach
- Naples La Playa Resort
- Playa Beach Hotel
- La Playa Beach Resort Naples
- La Playa Resort Naples
- Laplaya Beach And Golf Resort