We stayed at LaPlaya in June and it was everything I wanted it to be and more!!!
From the moment we arrived they took the utmost care with us. From the valet to the pool attendants, everyone wanted to know how our stay was going and if anything could make it better.
We normally vacation out of the country but I came across this wonderful resort on TripAdvisor and couldn't wait to check it out!! Naples is a beautiful city, and this resort does it right.
A couple of things....it seems you can only valet park, which in and of itself is fine, but we are tippers and therefore every time we leave the resort and come back, we tip. We like getting out to see things so we would leave most mornings to go to local spots for breakfast and then again most evenings for dinner.This can add up, but really no big deal. (Really, I think I just felt guilty having them run for the car so often for us!)
We had a gulf view room...be advised if you are traveling with a child, there is only a queen (?) sized bed and a pull out couch. If you want the gulf view you sacrifice a 2nd bed...luckily our son is 14 and he really could care less. There are 2 elevators in the tower but only 1 seemed to have AC, again no big deal as its summer time in FL and I expected to be hot...it was just easier to use the stairs.
The room was lovely and the bed very cozy!!! I loved the regional touch of the stuffed sea turtle on the bed and like a little kid I really wanted to take him home!! The bathroom was well appointed and very large. The balcony was a pleasure to sit on in the morning and have our coffee and watch the tide roll in. There is a coffee maker in the room but also complimentary coffee downstairs in the bar area as well.
Sitting outside by the fire pit with a glass of wine in the evening was very relaxing and the restaurant was absolutely gorgeous. Additionally, I am not a destination wedding type of person but we saw 2 during the week we were there and they looked beautiful!!!
The best part of our stay however, was the pool and beach staff. These guys bust their humps making sure you have everything you need whether you are out on the beach or by the pool!! We had a cabana 2 of the days we were there and they are available for your every need! Bottled water and cold, wet towels at the perfect time!! During June, there is no need to get to the beach early for chairs unless you want to be right next to the waterline. Same thing with the pool, chairs were always available during our stay.
Service was amazing and everyone was friendly and willing to accommodate almost all of our needs.. I say almost only for one reason. I mentioned to the front desk staff 3x that our toilet continued to run throughout our entire stay. The first time the sent an engineer up to take a look...he came with a plunger...that was not the problem! That nite I took the lid off the back of the toilet and watched as the tank would fill then slowly drain out then start running again and refill. Now, I am not a plumber by any stretch of the imagination, but I clearly could see what was happening so the next day I went down to the front desk and explained exactly what was going on and asked if they would send someone up while we were gone for the day. I have no idea if they did or did not but I complained one more time then just gave up. It was still going on when we checked out 3 days later and I mentioned it again. Was it horrible? No, but it was annoying as we had to close the bathroom door to try to drown the noise out and once I almost knocked myself unconscious walking into it in the middle of the nite.
In the end a minor issue could not change how I feel about this resort. I cannot wait to go back, but this time only my husband and I. There wasn't a lot for a 14 year old who prefers cheeseburgers and XBox to do, but I felt spoiled and happy the entire time we were there!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step onto the beach from your private oceanfront guestroom at one of the best Naples, Florida beach resorts. Be greeted by cloudless skies, sparkling turquoise waters and white sandy beaches every morning at our Florida beach resort. As a guest of LaPlaya Beach and Golf Resort, this image of paradise is your daily reality. One of Florida's finest resort hotels, LaPlaya rests between the Gulf of Mexico and picturesque Vanderbilt Bay, offering guests a rare chance to experience South Florida's tropical beauty from front-row seats. Compared to most luxury Florida resorts, LaPlaya Beach and Golf Resort reflects the contemporary lifestyle and easygoing attitude of South Florida. LaPlaya Beach Resort is a place where guests can truly feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Playa Beach Hotel
- La Playa Naples Florida
- Naples La Playa Beach
- Naples La Playa Resort
- Playa Beach Hotel
- La Playa Beach Resort Naples
- La Playa Resort Naples
- Laplaya Beach And Golf Resort