LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort
GreenLeadersBronze level
Toledo, Ohio, United States
“Amazing !!!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed at LaPlaya in June and it was everything I wanted it to be and more!!!

From the moment we arrived they took the utmost care with us. From the valet to the pool attendants, everyone wanted to know how our stay was going and if anything could make it better.

We normally vacation out of the country but I came across this wonderful resort on TripAdvisor and couldn't wait to check it out!! Naples is a beautiful city, and this resort does it right.

A couple of things....it seems you can only valet park, which in and of itself is fine, but we are tippers and therefore every time we leave the resort and come back, we tip. We like getting out to see things so we would leave most mornings to go to local spots for breakfast and then again most evenings for dinner.This can add up, but really no big deal. (Really, I think I just felt guilty having them run for the car so often for us!)

We had a gulf view room...be advised if you are traveling with a child, there is only a queen (?) sized bed and a pull out couch. If you want the gulf view you sacrifice a 2nd bed...luckily our son is 14 and he really could care less. There are 2 elevators in the tower but only 1 seemed to have AC, again no big deal as its summer time in FL and I expected to be hot...it was just easier to use the stairs.

The room was lovely and the bed very cozy!!! I loved the regional touch of the stuffed sea turtle on the bed and like a little kid I really wanted to take him home!! The bathroom was well appointed and very large. The balcony was a pleasure to sit on in the morning and have our coffee and watch the tide roll in. There is a coffee maker in the room but also complimentary coffee downstairs in the bar area as well.

Sitting outside by the fire pit with a glass of wine in the evening was very relaxing and the restaurant was absolutely gorgeous. Additionally, I am not a destination wedding type of person but we saw 2 during the week we were there and they looked beautiful!!!

The best part of our stay however, was the pool and beach staff. These guys bust their humps making sure you have everything you need whether you are out on the beach or by the pool!! We had a cabana 2 of the days we were there and they are available for your every need! Bottled water and cold, wet towels at the perfect time!! During June, there is no need to get to the beach early for chairs unless you want to be right next to the waterline. Same thing with the pool, chairs were always available during our stay.

Service was amazing and everyone was friendly and willing to accommodate almost all of our needs.. I say almost only for one reason. I mentioned to the front desk staff 3x that our toilet continued to run throughout our entire stay. The first time the sent an engineer up to take a look...he came with a plunger...that was not the problem! That nite I took the lid off the back of the toilet and watched as the tank would fill then slowly drain out then start running again and refill. Now, I am not a plumber by any stretch of the imagination, but I clearly could see what was happening so the next day I went down to the front desk and explained exactly what was going on and asked if they would send someone up while we were gone for the day. I have no idea if they did or did not but I complained one more time then just gave up. It was still going on when we checked out 3 days later and I mentioned it again. Was it horrible? No, but it was annoying as we had to close the bathroom door to try to drown the noise out and once I almost knocked myself unconscious walking into it in the middle of the nite.

In the end a minor issue could not change how I feel about this resort. I cannot wait to go back, but this time only my husband and I. There wasn't a lot for a 14 year old who prefers cheeseburgers and XBox to do, but I felt spoiled and happy the entire time we were there!!!

Room Tip: Gulf front was amazing!! If there is a wedding reception going on you will hear some of the music on...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Barbiedoll419
Jason M, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your LaPlaya experience with the Trip Advisor community!

Arrival experience is crucial to getting our guests off to a wonderful stay, and we are so pleased to see that the team delivered a welcoming that exceeded expectations.

I understand your comments regarding valet parking. We do have very limited parking space, so we do not have self parking options. Staffing levels for our valet parking are closely monitored, I can assure you it was no bother to retrieve your car!

I'm so glad you shared your overall experience with us, it seems our team delivered on all fronts. One of the best ways to enjoy LaPlaya is with a nice glass of wine and watch the sunset at our fire pit, right on the Gulf! I've also shared your review with our beach and pool staff (along with our entire team). Our service levels at the beach are a important factor in our guest experience, and we are happy to see the team deliver again.

I apologize for the plumbing issue in your guestroom. We have completed some research here and we are able to identify the room and will rectify this issue for our future guests. I'm sorry this wasn't taken care of promptly, we can do better.

Thank you for choosing LaPlaya, and we hope you will return soon!

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (670)
Richmond
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed at Laplaya July 9th-16th...it was our first family visit to the Gulf side of Florida as well as to Laplaya. We did a lot of front-end research about where to stay including speaking directly with the concierge prior to booking. Bottom line: it was a great choice, a great overall guest experience. Here is the breakdown:

Room: we selected a 2-bed deluxe room in the beach house on the second floor with a direct Gulf view. We could see sun rise and set daily from balcony -- this was worth it to us. Rooms were clean, freshened daily by a very attentive house keeping staff. TV and in-room fridge were great. Bathroom was a bit tight with wife and 12-yr. old, but adequate. A double-vanity sink would have helped when getting ready for dinner. Beds were large queens and very comfortable, but pillows were too soft...firmer would have been better for us.

Service: Impeccable, and something that distinguishes Laplaya. They know they are competing with the Ritz Carlton down the street, and the price-points are similar, so comparable service is key. They met the test. Clearly management makes this a priority to all staff. From valet, concierge, desk, housekeeping, pool/beach attendants and Baleen wait staff -- all first-rate. Clearly staff appears to enjoy their jobs and working to meet guest expectations. There were several instances where many employees exceeded our expectations and really made us feel like extended family. Gail and her concierge team lined us up with car-rental (a must-have in Naples if you stay for a full 7 days), air-boat tour of Everglades, and Naples Zoo discounts. When my wife lost her beach-bag the front desk team turned the place upside down, located it and placed it in our room. We dined on-campus at Baleen for dinner 5 of 7 nights because it was so good, and they treated our 12 year old boy like royalty. The wait-staff and kitchen adjusted some food items for him and made various accommodations. On one occasion he really wanted popcorn shrimp, which wasn't on the menu...our waiter said he would try and make it happen, which he did! They also have a gluten-free menu which was great news for my wife. Entrée selections, sides, wine list -- all extensive and as good as most anything else in Naples. View is THE BEST in Naples. $5 Mojitos and Margaritas from 5-8pm. Tip of the hat to Aaron Sanson and his Baleen Team.

Spa: Mid-week reduced price specials, excellent therapist, clean, in-room showers, one of the highest rated in Naples.

Gym Facility: Small, but adequate. Treadmill, stationary bikes, free-weights. Clean. Nice.

Pool/beach: Beach is LaPlaya's pride and joy. They know they have the best real estate in Naples for waterfront resort beach. It's big by midsize resort standards, the Gulf water is clear, smooth, blue and like glass -- unless it's storming! The beach guys are running towels and chairs 24x7 to make sure guests sit where they want when they want. And full food and beverage service is provided by the Tiki Bar team...ferrying drinks and snacks from about 50 steps away. Each beach chair/umbrella (no extra charge) comes with a flag...raise it when you need something. Umbrellas/chairs down the beach at the Ritz come at a $25 a day premium add-on.

Laplaya is a smallish resort...it's not a sprawling compound like some other places...if you want a bigger resort feel Naples may not even be for you. Laplaya is Old Florida...casual, high-end, relaxed, unpretentious. The Ritz (which we visited) is much bigger, somewhat impersonal, crawling with conference attendees. Laplaya is limited to one restaurant (Baleen) and one other place for poolside lunch/snacks/drinks -- it's all excellent, but a rental car is necessary to get off campus and visit some other places.

Value: Not cheap! Personally I was hoping for a lower nightly rate. Particularly because occupancy during our stay never exceeded 75 percent (july is off season)...we did lock in a package with a $50 a day resort credit, and free parking -- so that helped. And we wanted the Gulf View so that's a premium.

Conclusion: Great vacation on every level. Kids and parents happy. Love Naples and Southern Gulf Coast. Noble House Corp should be very proud its LaPlaya property. Makes us want to try another Noble House location.

Room Tip: Gulf View is worth the expense...we were in room 228...just high enough to see through the trees and...
2 Thank DBotkinsRichmond
On behalf of the entire team at LaPlaya, thank you for your gracious and detailed critique of our property! We are so pleased to see that you chose LaPlaya for your first visit to the Gulf-coast of Florida. Reviews such as yours are crucial to our continued success, and we find many potential guests use these reviews as guides when making buying decisions.

I have noted the comments regarding your guestroom, and shared them with my team. It's very nice to see when one of our guests specifically mentions the cleanliness of our rooms. Many members of our housekeeping team have worked at LaPlaya for 6+ years, and they always like to read about positive comments on their work performance. We do have alternative pillows available upon request, should you have a preference for a different style pillow.

Your comments on the service that you experienced throughout our resort are very much appreciated. We understand that our guests have many choices when it comes to a lodging establishment, and we stay committed to providing the best service - it's truly what can set us apart.

I have taken the liberty to also share your review with our Noble House team as well. I can assure you that you will experience the same level of attention to detail and service throughout our entire Noble House portfolio. We are excited to see that your experience at LaPlaya has prompted you to explore more of our great, unique resorts.

If you have any other details of your visit you would like to share, please feel free to contact me as well. Our room rates fluctuate throughout the year based on demand, I would be happy to review those with you.

Thank you for your review, and we hope you will return to LaPlaya again soon!

239-598-5114
maryland
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My family and I recently enjoyed a 3 night stay while visiting relatives in the Naples are. We are very picky travelers and were very happy with this resort. We had booked a first floor ocean front lanai room, requesting a quite location. The room we received was next to the pool/tiki area and directly behind the water sports rental shack. No good.

Front desk and bell staff were very accommodating in moving us to a third floor ocean front room in a much quitter location. Perfect.

Beach and pool areas were great. Dining was good albeit it a bit expensive, which was expected. We had a really good dinner one night at the fine dining location-Baleen and would recommend for a higher end dinner. Would certainly return to this resort again.

Room Tip: Beach front rooms, would not recommend the first floor lanai rooms for the extra money
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your reviewof LaPlaya! We are so pleased that you chose our resort while you were visiting family in the Naples area.

We are pleased to see that our Front Desk team was able to provide you with the guestroom that met your needs.

I have shared your review with our team, you comments on our culinary operation are appreciated as well!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We loved every minute of our stay in La Playa. The hotel was gorgeous and the staff were very friendly and nothing was ever a problem to them. Added bonus of not having to carry cash as everything from food, drinks, beach sports to a round of golf at their course could be charged to the room.
Our room was in the main building and overlooked the beach. The room was a great size and was perfect for my husband and I and 2 teenagers. Room was clean and very luxurious with a whirlpool bath in the equally good sized bathroom. Loved the use of the bathrobes.
We ate in the restaurant, outside, each morning for breakfast and can not fault the food or the staff.
Having the valet parking was fantastic and one 'phone call each morning and the car was waiting for us when we arrived downstairs.
The beach was only a few steps from the back of the hotel and was clean and always plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas which were put in place for you by the very helpful staff.
This hotel oozes luxury and friendliness from all the staff
We will definitely be back and will recommend to our friends and family

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jason M, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for your recent visit to LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort! We are so pleased to see that you loved every minute of your stay!

We understand our guests have many choices when selecting a luxury resort in Florida, at LaPlaya we stick to the basics of hospitality - great service, clean facility, and great food. We are thrilled that your selection of LaPlaya, and long journey from the U.K. was to satisfaction!

Thank you for choosing LaPlaya, and we hope you will return again!

Tarrytown, New York
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband & I just recently returned from our 4th stay at LaPlaya. It just keeps getting better! While we had more rain than usual, we enjoyed every moment of our stay. The beautiful white sand, crystal clear waters & long stretch of beach is as close to the Caribbean as you will get.

Our room preference is the Bay Tower across the street from the main hotel. The rooms and balconies are quite large with either views of the bay or resort. As always, the rooms are very clean( I am a fanatic) and comfortable. The staff - from the front desk, to the bellman, to the beach guys, to the concierge, to the bar & restaurant - they ALL could not be more accommodating. One of the front desk staff making a delivery to a guest in the Bay Tower, actually ran out in the rain to get us an umbrella so we could walk across without getting drenched.

We did something different this time. Rather than going out to the area restaurants, we ate all our meals at La Playa. The food quality & service is excellent and the views of the Gulf from Baleen and the Terrace Bar are AMAZING! It does not get any better!!!!

We can't wait to return!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason M, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
What a wonderful review, thank you. We truly appreciate your continued patronage of LaPlaya, and we are so pleased that you had such a great visit again.

I have shared your gracious review with our team, I can assure you it made our day!

I really enjoyed reading you accounts of personalized service and attention to detail that was offered from our team. There are many moving parts to a resort such as LaPlaya, but if we pay attention to details, good things happen. Reviews such as yours remind us of that!

We hope you will consider LaPlaya for trip #5, and thank you again for your visit and review.

Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We greatly enjoyed our stay at the La Playa resort in Naples. Our clean room was located right on the beach with a beautiful patio and easy access to the ocean.
The staff and service were excellent. Will be back again soon!

• Stayed July 2013
Clean room, excellent service - it's about the basics no matter how large or small your lodging facility and we appreciate your feedback!

Our reviews on Trip Advisor are very important to us. Not only do potential guests use these reviews as a deciding factor on their resort selection, but it's a great training tool and motivator for our team.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we hope to see you back soon!

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My family recently stayed at Laplaya during the week of the fourth of July and had a wonderful time. It is a great hotel and a major part of that is due to the staff. We would like to give a special thank you to Javier, Jose' and Chef George. They made our stay there an extremely pleasant experience.

Room Tip: The beachfront rooms add to the experience
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing LaPlaya for your family vacation!

We understand that our guests have a lot of choices when it comes to selectin resorts in Florida, and we are so pleased to see you choose LaPlaya to celebrate the 4th of July!

We hope you will return again, and thank you for your review.