“Wonderful location with exceptional employees”

LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort
Ranked #14 of 59 Hotels in Naples
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We've been to LaPlaya an estimated 10 times over the past several years and have never been disappointed.... Beach location, bayside (canal view) room options and exceptional staff from housekeepers to valets to servers can't be beat. Food is wonderful regardless.....Can't say enough good about this place and always highly recommend to friends as it's our favorite stay on the beach in Naples.

Room Tip: First time staying in a Bayside (Canal) room and actually was pleasantly surprised as it was a littl...
1  Thank spbuck
Chris G, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

From all of us here at LaPlaya, thank you for continuing to make us your destination of choice when visiting Naples! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review, and I’ll be sure to share it with our entire team. It’s been our pleasure providing you with the service and experience you’ve come to expect – and we look forward to many more opportunities in the future.

Rooms Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,261)

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We spent our wedding weekend at LaPlaya. It was truly magical. What a wonderful place to stay after such a special weekend. Service was pleasurable and more than accommodating. The room was clean and beautifully decorated. The view was amazing. We spent the day after our wedding on the beach with our family and it was incredible. It was our honeymoon before the honeymoon. Ron Vuy and his staff know how to make their guests feel welcomed. Would stay there again in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris G, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Allow us to once again congratulate you on your wedding! It was our pleasure being your host for this “head start” on your honeymoon. We know you put a lot of trust in us to make sure your visit is truly special, and we really appreciated the opportunity to be of service. I know our entire team will be happy to read your review regarding your experience.

Thank you again for your support and recommendation! Perhaps we’ll see you back at LaPlaya on your first anniversary, if not before!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I am always amazed at how welcome I feel at Laplaya. Its like no where else I have ever been.
People are just always wanting to help you out in some way, whether its opening a door, making sure your room is great, tending to you as soon as you arrive at a table in Baleen.
The Old Florida charm is special, the fire pit is outstanding and of the beach is right out the door.
Its my favorite get away and I am already looking forward to our next trip!!!

2  Thank Patricia s

Thank you for returning to LaPlaya for your recent visit to Naples! We appreciate you giving our staff the opportunity to once again be of service, and thank you for sharing your experience. While we value all the guest feedback we receive, repeats guest in particular really allow us to gauge the consistency of our service and product. It’s been our pleasure providing you with the experience which you’ve come to enjoy, and we look forward to continuing to do so in the coming years!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We recently spent a weekend at LaPlaya to celebrate a graduation. The service was outstanding! From the moment we arrived, we were given 5 star service. Our room on the third floor had a fabulous view of the beach and was also extremely clean. We had a private celebration dinner at the Baleen restaurant. The room was quaint, and very comfortable, and the food and wine selection was a "10". Our EVENING celebration ended at the fire pit, grilling smores, and enjoying great company. The next day at the beach we enjoyed bloody mary's, paddle boarding, and the waive runner. The service at LaPlaya is excellent! We highly recommend a stay!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a beach view!
1  Thank georgina s

Thank you for choosing LaPlaya for your graduation celebration! It is an honor to be selected as the destination for such an important life event, and outstanding to see that each and every moment at LaPlaya exceeded your expectations. Our entire team continuously focuses on one main goal: to provide our guests with a clean, well maintained facility with superb food and beverage – all provided by a friendly, attentive staff. You comments show that we continue to hit home this goal, and we’ll be sure to share your review with the team.

Thank you again for your visit and support. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future visit to Naples.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Great hotel on the beach and close to all the shopping such as historic downtown Naples, Mercato shopping center, the Villages on Venetian Bay, and the Miromar outlet. I would recommend staying here because its also close to good restaurants such as Pincher's Crab Shack which is a seafood restaurant with live music and good eats on the Tin City marina. We ate at a new restaurant as well called Fish at the Village at Venetian Bay with good sushi and a stellar happy hour. It had an open air atmosphere on the bay.

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you for your positive review of LaPlaya! We’re pleased that you had such an enjoyable experience, and appreciate you taking a moment to share it with other travelers on TripAdvisor. We are indeed in a great location in North Naples, close to popular shopping, dining, and recreational activities – that is, of course, if you can pull yourself away from lounging on the beach!

Thank you again for your visit and support. We hope to welcome you back someday soon!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Everything reviewers say about this hotel is true. My boyfriend and I have been here a number of times and just love being right on the beach. The staff is the best around. They all give you a smile and make you feel very welcome. My biggest issue is the air-conditioning in the room. We always stay in the Gulf tower because of the incredible view and it just seems like no matter which room we have stayed in, the room is never cold enough. I have even tried closing the drapes when the sun hits it in the afternoon, but after a shower and blow-drying my hair, I feel like I need to shower again!! The bathroom is long and narrow and has a tiny hole in the ceiling for the a/c. If you have a special event to attend (like a wedding), this can be a real issue. Because of this, I may try another property next time :(

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GigiFlorida51
Chris G, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Thank you for your positive review of LaPlaya! Repeat guests like you are extremely important to us – both for spreading the word about LaPlaya and for sharing feedback on how we can continue to improve our product and service. We wouldn’t be where we are today without your continued support!

It’s great to see that you’ve continued to enjoy our location and service, but I do want to apologize for your disappointment with the cooling of your rooms in the Gulf Tower, particularly the bathroom area. We want all our guests to be comfortable during their visit, and I am sorry that this area has been a challenge. Feel free to reach out to me prior to your next visit as we have several different room configurations – and I’m sure we can find one that best meets your needs (with a beautiful view of the water too!).

Thank you again for continuing to choose LaPlaya. As always, we are at your service.

cgrossman@laplayaresort.com
239.597.3123 Ext. 5916

Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband & I live in Southwest Florida and have stayed at virtually every hotel in our backyard. LaPlaya was one of the few we had never spent a long weekend at until recently. I was excited because I am a big fan of other Noble House resorts. I left feeling like I would go back, but only if I got a great rate. The hotel's price seems to be comparable to what The Ritz-Carlton down the street is charging and I find the Ritz to be much more deserving of the rate.

The valet area and hotel exterior were lovely with a charming front porch. When I walked inside, the lobby wasn't nearly as grand as I was expecting. I soon realized that I should stop expecting a luxe look. I would describe LaPlaya as more of a "boutique charm". Once I realized that, I was able to view the property in a more favorable light.

There are at least three buildings that have rooms. Two of the buildings are on the Gulf side. We stayed in the third building across the small road, with a canal view. The entrance to our building definitely felt old and musty, however the room itself was very nice. Again, the word "charming" is the only adjective I can find because that's really what it was.

We had dinner at Baleen - excellent food and service. I wish I could say the same for our after-dinner drinks at the bar. I sat at the bar for a good while waiting for someone to help me (there was only one other bar customer) and, when someone finally did help, the attitude was poor. I hate to keep comparing LaPlaya to the Ritz, but it's hard not to when they are so close in proximity and price. We frequent the Ritz lobby bar and beach bar and have NEVER had service this poor there.

The next day we spent at the pool, which was very enjoyable. LaPlaya offers an elite membership to their golf courses and pool to locals, and most of the pool-goers on this particular day seemed to be members rather than hotel guests.

It was an overall nice stay. When I can get a Florida Resident or special rate of less than $300/night, I will come back. But, when I'm going to spend more than that, I'll be at the Ritz.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing LaPlaya for your weekend "staycation!" Southwest Florida does indeed have many options when it comes to finding a quick getaway close to home, and we really appreciate you spending a weekend with us here at LaPlaya.

It’s great to read that you enjoyed your guestroom and dining experience in B aleen – and of course the pool area too! However, it was disappointing to see that your cocktail service after dinner lacked the friendly, attentive service which you experienced in other areas. It’s the little things that can make the different in a “very good” stay and an “excellent” one, and your comments will help us improve upon that area. Our staff does normally provide a high level of service, and we want this to be the case each and every time.

Thank you again for your visit and for sharing your experience. If we have your email on file, keep an eye on your inbox. We often offer special rate and packages for Florida residents – as well as occasional special offers just for residents of Lee or Collier County.

It was our pleasure being of service, and we look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Vanderbilt Beach.