“Looking Forward to a Repeat Experience!”

LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort
Ranked #13 of 59 Hotels in Naples
GreenLeadersBronze level
Trenton, New Jersey
“Looking Forward to a Repeat Experience!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here last June for 4 nights and had a great experience. Wonderful gulf front room beautifully and appropriately appointed, friendly staff and service. The weather was very bad as a tropical storm was going through, but we hardly noticed, as we were having such a good time. We are coming again the end of June and are looking forward to LaPlaya being our home until we find a permanent vacation home of our own. See you in June!

Room Tip: Love the gulf view room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Chris G, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your visit last June! We did have some unfortunate weather due to a tropical system, but it’s nice to see that the rain did not dampen your overall experience.

We, too, look forward to your return visit in June – hopefully with much more sunshine!

239.597.3123 Ext. 5916

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (673)
Whitby
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Just arrived back this Tuesday (April 16) from La Playa. This has been our third "April" vacation at this resort. We stayed here for 9 days. It was absolutely perfect. The staff at this resort are worth mentioning again and again. From check-in to check-out and everyone in between, there is no comparison when it comes to courteousness and kindness. The hostess at Baleen, Brendah, the waiters at Baleen, Gary and Zach, the servers at the bar at Baleen Luigi and Rochelle, just going the extra proverbial mile. Individuals in the service industry should come for training at La Playa.

The restaurant, "Baleen" is really first class. I must admit, we had dinner at the restaurant 6 nights and it was perfect every time. The chicken (which I had every night, I know, boring) was outstanding. My husband had something different each night and loved what he ordered each time.

The golf course which is a short 10 minute drive from the resort is incredible and the staff who work there are amazing as well. They were so accomodating. We played every single day.

I am already looking forward to our next visit in April 0f 2014. I can't say enough about this resort.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your repeat visit to LaPlaya and for once again sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor. Not only did your extended stay at our resort really allow you to relax and rejuvenate, but it appears you were also able to get to know many of our associates. We are fortunate to have a dedicated team of hospitality professionals who truly understand the importance that their service has on each guest’s visit. Thank you for mentioning so many of them by name!

We know that our guests have many options when it comes to Naples dining, so thank you for making Baleen your #1 choice during your visit. Our restaurant and culinary team both work diligently each day to make sure your dining experience is just as memorable as those amazing views of the beach. In particular, I’ll pass along your compliments to the chef about the Roasted Free Range Chicken – it is quickly becoming a crowd favorite.

Thank you again for your continued patronage and support of our resort. We look forward to welcoming you back next April!

New Jersey
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We just returned from a four night stay at La Playa and really enjoyed our stay there. We stayed in a two queen bed beachfront room in the beach house which is a smaller building next to the main building of the hotel. The room was very nice and clean thought I wouldn't say it was luxurious. The beach view was fantastic so I would definitely stay in a beachfront room if you can. We found the staff to be very accommodating and friendly and didn't have a bad experience with anyone. The pools were very nice - there is one larger pool and two smaller pools. We never had a problem finding a chair. The only downside of the resort is the cost. The room rates aren't cheap, there is a $17 per day resort fee, a $23 per day valet parking fee, and the buffet breakfast is about $20 per person. Also, drinks at the beach/pool average about $10. Be prepared to spend money. While it is expensive, it is probably a better deal than staying at the Ritz Carlton. All in all, I would recommend staying at the La Playa and would like to go back again soon.

Room Tip: Definitely beachfront! I liked staying in the beach house since it was smaller and I felt like it w...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank LoveSun_and_Sand99
Thank you for your positive review of LaPlaya! We’re pleased that you enjoyed your visit, and thank you for your kind comments regarding our boutique resort and staff. Our entire team takes great pride in offering friendly, attentive service at each and every turn. We do share all our guest comments with our staff – and I’m sure that they will enjoy yours in particular.

Great choice on a beachfront room – I agree that those views are truly exceptional. On your next visit, be sure to check out our package offerings. Most of our packages already include your resort fee and valet parking fee – as well as extras such as night resort credits. Feel free to reach out to me if I may be of any assistance.

Thank you again for your visit and support. We look forward to your next visit to LaPlaya!

Wagontown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Let start off by saying, I am not a picky person and by no means -- high maintenance but for $450 a night, I do expect more. I can live with the $23 per day valet charges and the $17 per day hotel charge (which guarantees you a newspaper, chair and umbrella on the beach and internet). What I found a bit troublesome was the air conditioning in the room -- it never seemed to get regulated and it was loud, so forget restful sleeping. When my wife asked for an extra blanket (because we found it impossible to get comfortable), she was provided nothing more than a shawl. We were told the hotel was sold out so switching rooms wasn't an option. My wife and I are in our 50's and do not have children but with the amount of noise next door, you might have thought we had a couple. It would be nice if all hotels could figure out a way to designate block of rooms for adults only or at least the booking agent could try an accommodate those not wanting to hear the little tax write offs. Drinks around the pool are very expensive. Beach and pool areas are nice and spacious. Very courteous staff -- front desk and valet. I had the golf package. The course is a nice test but had lost (or nearly lost) a few of the greens -- I feel I should have been compensated or adviced of such before booking. I know it sounds like I am bitter but if I wanted average -- I would have gone elsewhere. I particularly chose this resort based on reviews in tripadvisor and sadly I was disappointed.

2 Thank Chuck W
Thank you for choosing LaPlaya for your recent visit to Naples. Here at LaPlaya, our desire is for each guest to have a truly enjoyable experience. We understand that we must succeed in all areas to make this happen, so I am sorry to read about those experiences that took away from your overall visit.

We do want all our guests to have a peaceful room experience, regardless of their room location – and I am sorry that this was not the case during your visit. It can be difficult to predict which guests may cause disturbances, and our goal is always to mitigate any noise issues that may arise during a guest’s visit.

I will be following up personally with our golf course and reservation staff to discern the challenges you experienced with some of the greens. We do aerate the greens at scheduled times throughout the year, something that we do attempt to communicate in advance.

Thank you again for your visit and for sharing your experience. We understand that our guests expect and deserve an exceptional visit, and we will continue to focus our efforts on providing the best experience possible. If you have any additional feedback to share, or if I may be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me directly.

Devon
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Didn't expect it to be so posh but didn't feel too out of place. Lovely room and setting. Staff incredibly helpful.
Everything very expensive so ate out etc......
Would stay here again without hesitation

Room Tip: The names of the rooms don't really give away where the are. Clarify before you book
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank FabfourDevon
Chris G, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing LaPlaya and for sharing your experience with other travelers here on TripAdvisor! It’s great to see that you had an enjoyable visit at the hands of our helpful staff.

We appreciate your support – and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Galveston, Texas, United States
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My family and I for over 40 years have been in the Restaurant and club business. I have traveled allover the US From Manhattan New York to the Laina Maui. I have never stayed at a hotel that gave great service from the Valet to the restaurant mangers all the time day in and day out. I noticed on 3 different occasion problems with customers and every time that staff performed so well they should hold a class for Hotel and Restaurant management. WHAT A CLASS HOTEL

Room Tip: They all faced the Gulf and a wonderful sunset.
3 Thank Frank P
Given your long tenured experience in hospitality, we’re honored to have been your choice for your recent visit to Naples! It was our pleasure providing you with the service that you both expected and deserved. We know that service oriented individuals like you have a keen eye for detail when it comes to guest interaction, and I’m sure our staff will really enjoy receiving your praise.

We truly value your support and recommendation of our boutique resort. If you find yourself traveling to our area in the future, we would be happy to once again be of service.

Galveston Island, Texas
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The LaPlaya Beach Resort has it all...beautiful rooms with a beach front view, gorgeous beach and soft white sand but what made our vacation “The Best Beach Vacation Destination" was the hotels excellent level of hospitality. The service we received from the valet, front desk, beach area, restaurants, lounge, and room service staff was a great experience, and this is what everyone is looking for while on vacation. Thanks to all...

Room Tip: We stayed on the 10th floor of the tower which had an awesome view of the beach. The sunset is aweso...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing LaPlaya! While we are thrilled to receive any positive endorsement of our resort, there is always something special about those that comment on the service of our associates. The ability to offer friendly, attentive service is a skill that our entire team practices daily. After all, our associates take vacations too – and they know firsthand the impact that positive service can have on any trip!

Thank you again for your visit and support. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future trip to Naples.