“Worth every penny!”

LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort
Ranked #14 of 59 Hotels in Naples
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 8, 2013

There are only a few words to describe La Playa Beach Resort in Naples: AMAZING, Luxurious, decadent yet serviced by the most down-to-earth and eager to please staff. From check-in to check-out, every need and want was attended to...this staff anticipates before you even think about what you need. Worth every penny! Cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: April 2013
Chris G, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Thank you for your positive review of LaPlaya! One of our core standards for our staff is to “anticipate guest needs” – another being to “have fun.” We are fortunate to have a great team of professionals who truly understand how to perfectly combine these daily to provide friendly and attentive service. Thank you for taking a moment to recognize them for their efforts!

It was our pleasure being of service and providing you with the value and experience that you were looking for. We hope to have the opportunity once again on a future trip to Naples.

Rooms Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,260)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed in a first floor beach front lanai. It was wonderful to be steps away from the beach. Loved the beach side service - from the set up of the loungers and umbrellas to the cocktail and food service. Similar service offered at the pools. We also thought the valets did a fantastic job. In short, everyone we encountered on staff there was kind, attentive and professional.

The pools are small, but we never felt crowded - even though we stayed over Easter. I wish there had been more organized activities for kids. My boys had fun with the Easter egg hunt, but I believe that was all that was offered. It would be so easy to offer simple, organized activities for the kids on a full time basis.

We had ongoing trouble with the air conditioning in our room - it is super loud when it runs and doesn't seem to be able to actually keep the room cool. We like it very cold when we sleep, so it may not be a problem for others. The front desk was kind enough to repeatedly send maintenance out, but I'm not sure it is an easily fixable problem and I'm sure they thought we were crazy :) In the end, they sent us a fan and all was well.

My biggest disappointment was the room itself. In particular the bathroom. It is just old. Some may find this "quaint", but it's not my thing. I prefer updated and luxurious. If you are of the sort that doesn't care much about the room on the basis that you won't be spending much time there, then you will love it here. Quite honestly, I think the room/bathrooms are more in line with 3 star resorts/hotels. Perhaps the newer rooms in the tower across the street would have been more to my liking, but I didn't want to give up the beach front view/access. Its too bad that such a compromise is required.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your positive review of LaPlaya! Our beachfront lanai rooms are quite unique – there is just something special about the beach being only a few steps away from the entrance of your guestroom.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff as well. While we are fortunate to have a wonderful location, we firmly believe that our biggest asset is the friendly, attentive service that our staff provides daily. They really do take the service they offer to heart – and I know that they will really enjoy reading your praise.

We do want each and every part of your visit to meet your expectations, and I am personally sorry that this was not the case with your overall guestroom experience, including the A/C not cooling to the preferred temperature. We have undergone many changes and updates over the past year, mainly focused on furnishings, carpet, and artwork in the living area of each room. Some of these changes did involve the bathroom area as well, albeit small touches. I am sorry that we disappointed you in this aspect of your visit. We are continuously working to improve the product we offer -- and hopefully some of our future updates will result in an improved experience.

Thank you again for your visit and support. It means a lot to our entire team, and we will work even harder to provide you with an improved experience in the future. If I may be of any assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The LaPlaya Beach Resort provided average accomodations for our recent stay in the area. We were positioned in a pool view room, first floor, which provided the convenience of easy access to the pool area via a small patio. However, the entire building smelled of dampness and, as an allergy-sensitive person, I found myself on Claritin after the first night. I did hear from other guests that the new building across the street with resort views provided for nice rooms.
The beds were soft, clean sheets and a very clean bath area. Although we were kid-free for the weekend, it did appear that there were limited activities for children other than quick access to the beach area. All of the pools were no more than 4' deep, which would be good for young swimmers. Nice breakfast buffet for $21.50 each morning. The hotel is not within walking distance of shops or other activities so you will need a car during your stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for choosing LaPlaya for your recent visit to Naples! We thank you for your review, and appreciate your comments regarding your visit. The poolview rooms on the first floor are indeed nicely located, and we’re pleased to read about your enjoyment of the easy access to the pool area. Additionally, our housekeeping team takes great pride in offering a clean, comfortable experience. They will be happy to read your comments regarding your sleep experience and cleanliness of your bathroom area.

However, please also accept my apologies for those areas which did result in some disappointment – in particular the humidity you experienced near your room. There are certain times of the year that we experience higher humidity – and we do our best to keep that first floor hallway as cool as possible since it does have common entry points on both ends. We also recently installed new carpet in the guestrooms in that area which, while a nice addition, could be a contributing factor to certain allergies. I am sorry for these items that took away from your overall experience, and assure you that we really do strive for perfection in all areas. After all, regardless of the location you book, we want your visit to be as enjoyable and care-free as possible.

Feel free to reach out to me if you find yourself returning to Naples in the future. We do have many different accommodation types, and I would be happy to assisting you with finding the perfect fit on your next visit.

Thank you again for your visit and for sharing your experience. We hope to welcome you back someday soon.

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is by far the best in Naples.
This was our 5th stay here and again we
Loved it. We look forward to it every year. Great atmosphere, great food, great service, great beach. You will be glad
You came; can't wait til our next visit.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Diane B
Chris G, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

From all of us here at LaPlaya, thank you for once again choosing our resort and for sharing your experience! Being an independently operated resort, we find that word of mouth is often the most significant way to attract potential new guests. Consistency is an important factor in this process, and offering a superb experience as measured by our repeat guests is key to our success in this area.

It's been our pleasure providing you with a wonderful experience on each of your five trips to LaPlaya. Thank you for being one of our biggest fans -- we wouldn't be where we are today without your patronage and support.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I recently spent four nights at LaPlaya, joining my sister while she was on a business trip. I could not have been more impressed. The room was warm and inviting, not stuffy or overdone. While pampered, I still felt I could truly make myself at home. The views were spectacular! Best of all, however, was the staff. Being in the service industry, I can be critical in this area. For LaPlaya I have not one complaint. The staff was exceptional, from the moment I arrived late at night until I checked out. The staff were genuinely happy and eager to help each guest and were truly engaging. Pool attendants, Anthony and Spencer made a lasting impression. I have stayed at other fine resorts, but never had such a positive experience with each and every staff member. That is the top reason I would book here again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carolyn G

Thank you for choosing LaPlaya and for sharing your positive experience with other travelers here on TripAdvisor! It’s a pleasure to read your comments regarding your visit, in particular the service provided be each staff member that you encountered. We are fortunate to have service professionals such as Anthony and Spencer – two gentlemen who strive daily to take care of each and every one of their guests. They will really appreciate your kind comments.

Additionally, your comments regarding the design and comfort of our guestrooms are most welcome. While we have made many changes and updates within the past year, we still worked to maintain that “Old Florida” charm for which we are known. We’re glad you enjoyed it!

Thank you again for your visit and for sharing your experience. Our entire team looks forward to once again being of service on a future trip to Naples.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed at LaPlaya for one night to celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary, I had always fantasized about staying in a hotel that overlooked the ocean and so I decided to book here. I must say when I walked in the room my breath was taken away!! It was the most beautiful view of my life!! I slept that night to the luring sound of the waves, which was also my fantasy to do. The beach was incredible, our kids joined us during the day and loved every second of it. I bought some amazing " Figi Mango body butter" from Erica at the spa which is amazing and heavenly scented too! Thank you LaPlaya for making my fantasy come true!!!

Room Tip: 1406 was breathtaking!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jcellgirl

Thank you for your positive review of LaPlaya. We’re honored to have been your choice for your 24th anniversary, and appreciate you taking a moment to share your experience with others. We are fortunate to have such a wonderful location directly on Vanderbilt beach, allowing both amazing views and a full service beach area. It’s a great combination – and we’re truly pleased that you enjoyed it!

Thank you again for your visit and support. Hopefully we’ll see you again for your 25th, if not before!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

we have been coming here for years and we are never dissapointed. from the valet when we get there to the tiki bar and all of the staff on the beach, pools, restauraunts etc. it was awesome as usual. we always feel like we are #1 when we go to LaPlaya.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank kenmendo
Chris G, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you for your continued support of LaPlaya! It’s been our pleasure providing you with an enjoyable experience year after year. We really appreciate your positive review, as well as your kind comments regarding the service of our entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another #1 experience!