“So nice we are going back!”

LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort
Ranked #14 of 59 Hotels in Naples
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 16, 2013

From the moment you get there till you leave, you are made to feel welcome. Beautiful lobby, nice restaurant, gorgeous beach, tremendous sunsets,....I am ready to go back! If you feel like getting out during the day or evening there is a variety of diversion available; tours, sport fishing, shopping, plenty of restaurants in the area. Great place. I was there for business and pleasure and it is equally adept at handling both.

Room Tip: Rooms are available on the bay or gulf side. If you like morning sun then the gulf side is not for...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris G, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you for your positive review of LaPlaya! Our entire team works diligently to take care of the needs of both our business and vacation guests, so it’s nice to see that you were able to enjoy both aspects of our service during your visit.

That’s one great picture of a LaPlaya sunset – thank you for sharing! We’ll hope for some more of those on your next visit to our resort.

Rooms Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,260)

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is the second time my wife and I have visited Naples and stayed at Laplaya.we came back after the staff bent over backwards In helping us reschedule from a last minute change from our January trip. Chris grossman was especially helpful! The staff always provides superb service and this resort sits a few feet from the water. Our room on the third floor was perfect for watching the sunset and sipping our favorite wine which was in stock. This place makes you feel your at an exclusive resort but lacks the stuffiness other Naples places tend to have. Rob at the tiki bar was a great marg maker with class! Kudos

Room Tip: We did not try the spa this time. 3rd floor room 330's excellent view
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for once again choosing LaPlaya! I’m glad that you were finally able to make your schedule work for your return trip to our boutique resort. It was my pleasure to personally assist you with your reservation – and I know the rest of the staff will also be happy to read your comments regarding their friendly, attentive service.

Our repeat guest business is stronger than ever these days – and we would not be where we are today without your continued patronage and support. We look forward to seeing you again someday soon.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed at LaPlaya for three summers in a row. During winter months... we counted the days until our return. It was the most peaceful and beautiful place we have stayed in all of florida.
We took our book, our sunscreen and did nothing but relaxed the entire stay.

There are not alot of places to eat within walking distance but we had a rental car and were able to find some nice places to shop and eat closer to the city.

LaPlaya is located on a quiet stretch of beach among condominiums. The beach is peaceful and private. Our view was perfection! (see photos) and the pools are tropical and wonderful. I have to admit, my favorite time to swim was at night (after pool closed).

I HIGHLY recommend

Room Tip: If you like the gorgeous unobstructed view of the water, ask for the tower rooms. 5th - 10th floors...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Jason M, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for your continued patronage of LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, it is sincerely appreciated. We are so pleased that you have chosen our resort for many summers, and have now enjoyed LaPlaya in the winter months as well!

Reviews such as yours are very important to us, and I have shared this review with our team. We take great pride in the quality of reviews we receive on Trip Advisor, and it’s a great way to show our team they are doing an excellent job providing a world class experience for our guests!

We look forward to another visit from you, our beach will be waiting!

Jason K. Moll
Director of Rooms

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and a friend of ours traveled to Naples for business and also fun after working hours. We loved the fact that the hotel was right on the beach and could just step out onto the sand. We also loved the Tiki Bar and happy hour drinks! Our waitress, Alis was very nice and always there to make sure we had a great time by the pool.T We had a fun time here and will be back soon! We would definitely recommend this hotel to our relatives and friends. Thank you again for making our stay so wonderful!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris G, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for your positive review of LaPlaya. We're pleased that you found time to fit in some rest and relaxation during your business trip -- something that we are happy to provide here at LaPlaya! And many thanks for mentioning Alis' friendly and attentive service at the Tiki bar. You're comments will definitely make her day.

Being an independently operated boutique resort, recommendations from our guests are extremely important to spreading the word about what we have to offer here at LaPlaya. Thank you for sharing your experience with others -- we truly appreciate your patronage and support.

It was our pleasure being of service. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Naples.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Just loved our stay at LaPlaya. We were stranded after a snowstorm in Chicago and they managed to book a beautiful room on the east side of the street. The room was beautiful, large and had a beautiful veranda. We dined and had cocktails in the lounge. It's convenient to
many amenities. Sorry I didn't discover the pool until the afternoon we were leaving.

I would definitely go back there again. Loved it!

Room Tip: Ask for a new room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Chris G, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Thank you for your positive review of LaPlaya! Chicago has indeed had a tough winter this year, so it’s nice to read that your visit to our boutique resort helped you escape the snow for a few days. Our Bay Tower rooms are indeed spacious and inviting – particularly the large balconies with views of the resort and bay. We’re pleased that you enjoyed it!

We hope the winter winds down soon – but if not, we’ll save you a seat by the pool here at LaPlaya!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Traveled here with my wife in February. I should say at the outset that I am not used to paying more than $200 a night for a hotel, so perhaps my expectations are too high when I am out of my comfort zone, such as the ~$400 area where this hotel sits.

Good location, lovely beach, and nice pool. For the most part, the staff was great, especially the pool staff.

BUT it was, all in all, incredibly overpriced. Rooms were OK, not what I would expect from a 5 star resort. The front desk was not very accommodating, and there was very poor communication about taxi prices by the valets, as well as frustratingly late room service (an hour for a $6 coffee??). And the add-ons were everywhere. I will not be returning.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank AndrewF7777

Thank you for choosing LaPlaya for your recent visit to Naples! We do indeed have a special location being right on Vanderbilt Beach – and the lagoon style pools are also a great place to spend an afternoon relaxing. Thank you for also recognizing our staff for their friendly and attentive service, which we will be sure to pass onto the team (particular the pool crew!).

That being said, we understand our guests expect a good value when they choose LaPlaya. I am sorry that we fell short in this respect regarding your visit. Our entire team puts a great amount of effort into ensuring we add value to our product, both in terms of service delivered and our facility. We understand we can always do better, and in your case it appears we should have.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any other feedback that you’d like to share regarding your visit. We hope to have the opportunity to once again be of service on a future trip to Naples.

cgrossman@laplayaresort.com
239.597.3123 Ext. 5916

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My fiance and I traveled to Naples Florida for a little R&R. I have to say I did extensive research, of course using Trip Advisor before making my decision. It was one of the best vacations I have had, especially since I had just come back from my trip to Punta Cana -take a look at that review. Our flight was an experience because we were supposed to leave at 9am and did not leave until 7pm. I was so worried about our reservations at the resort so I called to let them know what was happening with our flight. The staff was so understanding and apologetic about our mishaps and they assured me that everything would be ready for us no matter the time we came in. Needless to say, we came in close to 1am and the staff at the reception desk were so friendly and accommodating. They quickly checked us in so we could get a little rest.
The following morning we went to to the pool area to get some sun and the pool staff was just as friendly. They set up our chairs and set out our towels and took our food orders. They were extremely attentive to all our needs. They were all so professional and catered to their guests.
The following days it thunderstormed while we were out at the pool area - they offered us a cabana and even with the rain drenching them, they continued to serve all the guests that were waiting out the rain - talk about dedication to their jobs.
The rooms were a little older but very clean and very comfortable. The food, especially at the pool area, was fabulous!!! I recommend the cheeseburger and the chocolate banana shakes - to die for!
Definitely take advantage of a trip to Naples you will not be dissappointed by any means. There is so much to do like shopping at premier stores, eating out, miniature golf and definitely alligator tours. This was a great vacation and I plan to go again soon. I will definitely make another reservation at LaPlaya Beach and Golf Resort it was money that was very well spent.
TwoGirlsTraveling

Room Tip: Choose a balcony room so you can take advantage of sunrise and sunset - you will definitely have a s...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TwoGirlsTraveling12

Thank you for choosing Laplaya for you recent visit to Naples! A ten hour flight delay will definitely lead to a weary travel day, so it’s nice to read about the warm and efficient welcome you experienced at the hands of our overnight team. Traveling can be more hectic than ever these days, and our team understands the importance of getting your visit off to a great start.

Thank you for also recognizing our pool setup and tiki bar teams for their attentive service and dedication to seeing that your needs were met each day. Your recommendation on the chocolate banana shake is right on – definitely a delicious treat!

Your patronge and support are most appreciated. It was our pleasure hosting you for your vacation -- and we look forward to being of service on your next visit to LaPlaya.