“Best wedding experience EVER!”

LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort
Ranked #16 of 59 Hotels in Naples
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 4, 2012

LaPlaya could not have given us a better wedding experience! If the spectacular scenery wasn't enough, they have the best staff ever! I could not say enough wonderful things about this hotel! I thought the best way to explain it was to forward my thank you letter to the hotel for you all to read:

Dear Laplaya,

We were recently married at your beautiful resort (11/16/12) and we really wanted to let you know how truly wonderful our entire experience was and how absolutely impressed and amazed we were by all of your wonderful staff! Words cannot express how perfect and kind and just awesome everyone was! They made the entire stay and wedding better than perfect for us, our family and friends!

Of corse it all has to start will Julie Germer. She is the most amazing women to work with! She always made me feel like I was her only priority! She was always so helpful and so sweet! I could not have ever done this wedding without her! Her attention to every last detail and her ability it make it happen was just incredible! I cannot say enough wonderful things about how great she and your fabulous staff made our wedding! Everything went more perfect and more beautiful than we could have ever imagined!

From the moment we first started arriving with what felt like giant loads of wedding essentials. Adam was phenomenal! Lee and all your wonderful bell hop staff made us feel so at home. I wish we had been able to get all of there names because they we all so wonderful and they all worked so hard! We honestly felt bad about all the loads of things we were bringing and all the work we were making them do. But they never even blinked an eye! They were so kind and so nice! They always made us feel like there was no job to big, and there was nothing they couldn't handle for us with a smile! Just amazing people! Everyone one of them! Great group of guys!

About those valet guys! They too, were just top notch, above and beyond! There is nothing they wouldn't have done for us! Mark was amazing! They always made us feel like we were the only ones in the resort! The whole team was great from Doug and Spase, to Steven and Gavin! You couldn't ask for better people to be greeting your guests! Absolutely fantastic! Couldn't have asked for a better group of guys!

The majority of our time with family and friends at your resort was spent Beachside and at the tiki bar. Wow! I could not write a nice enough letter to explain how much we loved your staff and how much they added to the experience for us and our family and friends! Johanna was more than wonderful! What a great person! Again, she also made us feel like there was nothing she wouldn't do to make our stay perfect! Rob and Chris couldn't have been more friendly and more fun! I can't tell you how much we all loved sitting up there chatting with those guys! What a blast for everyone! Most of us had more fun at your resort, than any other time in our lives! What an awesome experience for us all!

On the beach, Billy, Daniel and Corey were remarkable! What a fun, great group! For all the wonderful hours we spent in those chairs, we never once had to look for one of them! They were always right there, anticipating our every need! Some days we were on the beach for hours and hours. They never missed a beat! They were so nice, and they worked so hard for us!

And a special thank you to Robert (head security) for always being there to make sure everything ran smoothly! Great guy!

When we left your resort and said goodbye to the staff we truly felt like we were saying goodbye to friends. Words can never really explain the magical time we all got to share at your resort and we can't thank you enough for having the best staff you could ever ask for! The entire trip was just amazing and everyone had such a great time! All of our family and friends are talking about coming back every year to celebrate our anniversary with us! We can never thank you all enough for the wonderful experience! You will definitely be seeing us again!!

I would never get married anywhere else! Remarkable experience! It was better than we ever thought it could possibly be!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any of the ocean views!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Jason M, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Thank you for your gracious review of your wedding experience at LaPlaya.

Reviews such as yours are very important to us, not only to reward our team for a job well done but to help us in attracting future business. We take great pride in offering a unique destination wedding experience.

Your review touched on almost all of our departments who work so hard together to make great events such as yours happen. I have shared this review with them.

Thank you for your business, and we hope you will return again soon!

Regards,

There are newer reviews for LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This place's service was excellent. It reminded me of Four Seasons Las Vegas. The food at hotel was way overpriced and I only got what I really wanted, salad and chicken when eating by the pool. Staff goes out of their way to accomodate you. The room was good but not a new property. I would recommend this hotel, great location.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of Laplaya!

We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your experience. Our guests have many choices when it comes to selecting a resort in Florida; we strive to make our personalized service standout to keep guests coming back!

Thank you for your feedback regarding our price point in Baleen Naples. We keep a close eye on our menu prices when compared to restaurants in our competitive set. While our beachfront destination and rising food prices do contribute to increased prices on our menu, we feel our menu adds a great value when you factor the quality (and quantity) of food compared to our competitive restaurants.

Thank you for your feedback, and we hope you will return again soon!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Coming from Europe, we sought the best spots to play golf and sit on the beach in that beautiful Florida weather. First of all, I personally think that Condé Nast gives to much honor to La Playa putting it best golf resort in Florida. The golf is 15 minutes away from the hotel, no shuttle, and as a resort guest you have to play between certain hours (not before 10,30 am!!). The golf is challenging, but there are better courses around in Naples. No, I am sorry, I would not put La Playa in my list of top golf resorts. Being at the ritz carlton golf, we played at 08,30 am. and still had the whole afternoon for going to the beach!

This said, if I go back to Naples I will most certainly go back to La Playa. The hotel is so nice, so warmly decorated. We payed at the hotel for a upgrade with view on the gulf, the sunset was stunning - all those orange/red colors. The staff was extremely friendly, from the staff at the valet parking to the employees at the beach. One person I have to mention in particular, the lovely Romenian girl at the Tiki bar were we went for lunch Georgina - so friendly in a natural way, everybody would like to have such a employee in their team.

Breakfast was served on table most of the days, only the day after Thanksgiving there was a buffet. Personally I prefer a buffet (when the buffet is 5 star). I think this should even upgrade the hotel.

Accomodations on the beach very good, + you could eat and drink on the beach as well. In the evening we ate 2 times in the fine dining balleen restaurant. Being gastronomic and coming from Europe we can tell you this is one of the best restaurants in Naples. Very good food, service, and extremely good wine choises.

As said we had a beautiful beach view room, but we visited also the bay view rooms (with the morning sun (beach view is evening sun)), I would not know wich room to make reservation when we go back.

So yes, La Playa is just perfect for a extremely good beach holliday. It is a good golf resort, but there are better. Next year when we go back we will certainly return to la Playa, but we will play different golf courses (and there are so many in the area).

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Laplaya as your beach destination of choice! Coming from Europe, I can understand you considered many factors before choosing LaPlaya.

We are pleased to see that overall you enjoyed all that LaPlaya has to offer!

Reviews such as yours are very important to us, thank you.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed at LaPlaya for two nights prior to a wedding. The rooms were very nice, well decorated and had a lovely view of the Gulf. The resort provides a good value as opposed to some of the other luxury accommodations nearby. The one thing that I did not like was the mandatory valet service with the accompanying $23 a day charge. Would have been better if this service was optional and the charge included in the overall price.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent visit to LaPlaya!

While we focus on many key indicators when reviewing our operation, we do keep a close watch on what our guests say about value when staying at LaPlaya. It's very nice to see that you noted on your review that you felt you received a great value while a guest at LaPlaya. We find that the more value-added components we can add, only brings guests back to enjoy our wonderful beach, relaxing pools, etc!

I understand your frustration with the valet parking fees. Unfortunately, at our property we are limited in parking space and do not currently have any self parking options.

Thank your for your review!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I just came back from one night at LaPlaya, and it felt so good. I had not stayed there in almost 10 years, and the property is so beautiful. Our Room had a spectacular view of the Gulf. The price was affordable, and i really couldn't complain about anything. My intentions of taking my wife to a Beach side dinner couldn't have been planned any better. I made reservations for a Sunset Dinner, and when we arrived, I got Lucky enough to have a Table in the sand. There was a beautiful wedding going on at the same time. It brought back memories from when we got married 20 years ago. I recommend LaPlaya to anyone who is in the Naples area.
GP of Weston FL

Room Tip: If you want a beautiful view and enjoy the tranquil sounds of the Ocean, I highly recommend a Gulf V...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for returning to LaPlaya!

I can imagine that we look quite a bit different now than we did 10 years ago. I find that many guests comment on not only the many renovations we have completed over the years to make LaPlaya what it is today, but how much the landscaping has matured. This has added to the LaPlaya experience as our lush Tropical landscaping adds to the overall experience!

Thank you for your visit, and hopefully this time you won't wait 10 years between stays!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Looking for a nice get away on the beach? This is it. Complete with beach service, rooms with the sounds of the ocean, good service, good food, and nice beds. We thoroughly enjoyed everything about our stay with the exception of the spa massage. The spa masseuse did not have the experience for deep tissue massage. Save your money and go to a real masseuse. Other than the spa this resort had it all and I would highly recommend it. Yoga class was fantastic, gym was nice, and the pool area was quiet. The wifi at the resort was not the greatest and you had to sign in, again and again, but not a big deal. Love this place and looking forward to returning.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chris G, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Thank you for choosing LaPlaya for your recent visit to Naples! We are pleased to read that you had such an enjoyable visit, and wanted to thank you personally for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. It really does appear that you had the chance to experience most of what we offer here at LaPlaya, and we appreciate your kind comments regarding our facility and staff. I am only sorry that your massage did not reflect the level of quality and service that you experienced elsewhere around property. We share all our guest feedback with our associates, and will be sure to share your comments with our therapists. Our spa team traditionally leaves guests feeling relaxed and rejuvenated, and we want to ensure that this is the case on each and every spa service.

Thank you again for your visit and support. It was a pleasure having you stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back someday soon.

Kind Regards,

Chris Grossman
Rooms Manager
cgrossman@laplayaresort.com
239.597.3123 Ext. 5916

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed for five nights on the forth floor of the smaller beach house building. The view was beautiful over looking the perfect white sand beach and the Gulf. In the morning we would get a coffee and sit out on the deck and count the number of Dolphins playing about 50-75 yards off of the beach. The staff, grounds, pools and the meals are wonderful. However remember you get what you pay for...it's pretty pricey.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your positive review of LaPlaya! We are honored to have been your choice for your five night stay in Naples, and appreciate you taking a moment out of your day to share your experience with other travelers. In particular, we’re pleased that you enjoyed your guestroom in our Beach House – it is indeed a popular location, and hard to get any closer to the beach without getting wet!

Thank you for your praise and support of our boutique resort. We look forward to serving you once again on a future visit to Naples.

Kind Regards,