LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sao Paulo
“99% Good!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Perfect stay!!!The hotel is very comfortable,large rooms,mine with a beautiful view to the ocean.The hotel beach is very quiet,and the staff provided everything,like chairs,towels and so on.By the way,the staff is amazing!!!Adam,the bell captain was great!!!
I had just a minor/tiny issue:I had to charge my cell phone and I needed an adapter.I called front desk and an employee came to our room to bring one.This one was not working,so I went to the front desk and asked for another one.There was just one available,the same one that was sent for me.The front desk employee told me to go to Wal Mart to purchase one,since the gift shop was closed.It was midnight.What I dont understand is that why a hotel with so many foreigners guests have just one broken adapter for everybody!!!

Room Tip: Bay Tower with ocean view!!!
1 Thank Liylly
Jason M, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at LaPlaya! It appears you enjoyed many aspects of your stay, and also many great things that LaPlaya has to offer!

I have forwarded your review to the team, thank you for noticing Adam our bell captain as well. He is a LaPlaya vet who continues to exceed expectations.

I am sorry about the mis-understanding with the cell phone charger requested. I have followed up with the team. We generally do aquire numerous chargers and have available at the Front Desk. If the cell phone is a commonly used, popular cell phone we usually can track one down. I am sorry this wasn't the case, we can do better.

Thank you for sharing your LaPlaya experience on Trip Advisor,

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (643)
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

As we had taken a big trip in the spring, we still wanted to get away to celebrate the real date of our 40th anniversary and this was the perfect place. Beautifully maintained with a staff of wonderful,sweet, professional people we were made to feel very special. From the first call I made,to inquire about rates and availability, and spoke w/ Susan to the second call ,as I had forgotten to ask a question and spoke with Joyce, I was made to feel that I was important and would be welcomed at their resort. They were great-and it only got better from there! Each and every employee that we interacted with was excellent.They go out of their way to make you feel relaxed and comfortable. And you know what they say... location,location,location! We had a beautiful oceanfront room .The beach is kept pristine, the pool area and Tiki bar are great. The whole property is very romantic- firepit,tiki torches,candle light.... we watched an engagement on the beach, a wedding by the beach both with the sunset as the backdrop-all from our huge balcony while sipping champayne. Perfect .

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing LaPlaya as your destination of choice for celebrating your 40th anniversary!

It's great to see that your first guest contact point, Joyce and Susan in reservations, exceeded expectations from the start. Also equally rewarding what that the entire team followed suit to our service standards and you had such a enjoyable visit!

When a guest ends their review with "Perfect" we know we did well, and truly appreciate your review.

We hope you will choose LaPlaya again in the future,

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is a lovely resort right on the beach in Naples, FL. This is the 2nd year in a row my company hosted an important customer event here. The resort provided breakfast and lunch two days and dinner one evening. All of the food and service was outstanding! We could not find a single aspect to complain about during our stay. Any additional requests were immediately accommodated. I personally did not sleep well due to the volume of the a/c unit in my room in the beach building. In their defense, I didn't complain about it because I simply didn't have time to nor did I have time to move to another room. I told them about it upon check out and they were going to send an engineer to the room. I honestly think it is just due to the age of the building. The rooms across the street from the beach are awesome and would be my preference next stay - especially for a business trip where most of the activity is in this building anyway.

Room Tip: Rooms across the street from the main hotel and beach are more comfortable with less A/C noise in my...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for rating your LaPlaya experience on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your candid review.

It's great to see that your company chose LaPlaya for a second consecutive year to hold such a important customer service event. We take great pride in our wonderful venue and meeting space, and we are pleased you enjoyed yourself.

Thank you for the feedback regarding your guestroom as well, I have forwarded your review to our engineering team. It's important to us that we remain diligent in our preventative maitenance program, and this is a good reminder of it's importance!

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here November and were vpleased with our room and it was very quiet and private but our room was only steps off the stunning White sands of Vanderbilt beach the restaurant baleens was expensive but nice and sitting on the beach at night around the firepit with a cold beer rounded off a good stay at this luxury resort

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Darlodp
Jason M, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for your visit to LaPlaya!

We are pleased that you chose LaPlaya as your beach destination of choice! Thanks for your comments on our resort, and we hope you will return again soon to enjoy another cold beer around the firepit!

Taunton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

LaPlaya has been the perfect spot to celebrate! Beautiful landscape. Impeccable service by everyone here. We would like to personally thank Daniel for top notch service on the beach at the pool and at the tables! His outstanding & attentive service made our stay unforgettable.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing LaPlaya to celebrate your honeymoon!

We appreciate your comments on the condition of our facitlity. Our housekeeping and engineering teams take great pride in keeping our resort in pristine condition. I have shared your review with our entire team, including Daniel. It's great to see when one of our associates make such a wonderful impact on the guest experience.

We hope you will return to LaPlaya again,

Manchester, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at La Playa for 5 nights as part of a two week vacation to Florida. After a hectic week in Orlando we wanted somewhere to completely chill out, rest and relax...this is it!

I booked the hotel through Virgin holidays in the UK, it was cheaper than booking directly with the hotel and they were offering a special price for upgrading to a beach front room. It also included resort fee and valet parking which comes to $40 a day so was a significant saving. The room was great - spacious, comfortable, lovely decor, breathtaking view and large balcony. I would definitely recommend upgrading to a beachfront room, it's worth the extra.

On the whole, I loved the room but did have a couple of issues. There were a few areas of the room which were quite dusty, one of the plug sockets wasn't fixed to the wall properly and some areas of paintwork a little shabby looking. Our room was also opposite the elevator so we were disturbed by some noise, particulalry housekeeping staff chatting by the elevator in the morning (lie-ins out the question). I was able to overlook this though due to the overall experience during our stay and fab location.

All the staff were extremely friendly, helpful, hard working and welcoming. We ate at the Baleen restaurant a couple of times and had drinks in the bar most nights (took advantage of $5 mojitos at happy hour). The food and service was fantastic both nights, and the beachfront location amazing, we loved the Gulf sunsets! It is quite pricey but what you would expect from a hotel like this in a location like this so need to be prepared for the costs. I loved the set up of the beach service and the little flags you raise to get your order taken.

Other reviews have commented on location and lack of amenties/restaurants near the hotel. We had a car so wasn't an issue but we didn't venture very far as we just wanted to totally relax. Just 5 mins drive up the road you'll find the Mercato which offers a good selection of restaurants, we went there on a daily basis and enjoyed all the meals we had. I'd recommend stage 62 deli for the $5.99 happy hour breakfasts.

We loved every minute of our stay at La Playa and felt so relaxed and recharged. I would 100% recommend this hotel without hesitation and can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Go for the beachfront rooms, the view is worth the extra but avoid rooms near the elevator due to in...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JD2585
Thank you for your gracious critique of LaPlaya!

We find that many guests who visit Florida from out of state start in experiencing Orlando and all it has to offer, only to end their stay in a more relaxing fashion at LaPlaya! We are glad that once you arrived you were ready to unwind, and we exceeded expectations!

Thank you for your feedback on your guestroom, it's clear that we missed some details here and I have followed up with the team. We have both a detailed preventative maitenance program and deep cleaning program, and based on your comments your room will be scheduled for both.

Reviews such are yours are very important to our continued success, and we appreciate your comments. Anytime one of our guests say they will 100% return we know that we succeeded in our mission to provide world class service in a clean comfortable setting!

Looking foward to your return visit, and thank you again for your stay.

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were reluctant at first with all of the choices to choose from, it was not an easy decision. Based on a recommendation from good friends of ours we chose to have our mini-vaca (4 days) at LaPlaya. From the moment we pulled into the entrance we were enthralled. Valet's were very quick and courteous, bellman took our luggage and we proceeded to check in. Upon arrival in our room we were blown away by the room and the view of the gulf (my wife was crying with joy, literally). After settling in we went down to the beach, were promptly set up by the attendants, and relaxed and enjoyed the view. Had to have the happy hour mojito and margarita from Balleen which were both delicious. On our last evening we did dine alfresco at Balleen and had a memorable experience. The service was attentive and friendly, the food outstanding. The pool areas are not to be missed, 3 different areas plus the hot tub/jacuzzi, very relaxing. We did have the opportunity to meet the general manager who is not only very capable but very hands on and it shows throughout the property. Altogether an excellent time. We live on the east coast of Florida and it was a nice change of pace. Whether you want a quick get away or a vacation or a place to have your business meetings then you really have to try LaPlaya.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jason M, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
On behalf of the entire team at LaPlaya, thank you for your gracious review of our Resort. Your review touches on numerous key elements we focus on for success.

We certainly understand that our customers have numerous choices when it comes to selecting a Resort in Florida, and we are happy to see that you ultimately chose LaPlaya, and thirlled that we exceeded expectations!

It appears you enjoyed many of LaPlaya strengths, our recently renoved guestrooms, a relaxing beverage in our award winning Baleen Naples, and of course relaxation at our beach and pools!

We appreciate your patronage, and hope that you will return to LaPlaya again in the future.