“HOTEL HIGHLIGHT OF OUR HOLIDAY”

LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort
Ranked #13 of 59 Hotels in Naples
GreenLeadersBronze level
East Yorks
“HOTEL HIGHLIGHT OF OUR HOLIDAY”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed at LaPlaya Beach and Golf resort in Naples for four nights. This was our mid holiday beach break after eight days sightseeing. We were fortunate to be upgraded to a suite in the Tower and our room on the ninth floor was fabulous. It was huge with a balcony overlooking the ocean and every morning we had a delicious breakfast on the balcony while watching the dolphins, manatee and ospreys and pelicans. The bathroom even had a huge window so you could still see the ocean while having a shower. The food in the hotel restaurant and beach bar was excellent. The staff were exceptional and the valet service was very efficient. The hotel was busy all the time with conferences, family meetings, and weddings and the verandah was a good place to chill after a hard day in the sun. The beach staff organised your loungers, towels and umbrellas, all free of charge. The beach bar staff responded to the lounger flag being raised and came over for your drinks and food order. We can recommend the mahi mahi sandwiches. The sea was warm and the beach was cleaned every day. It was a fabulous four days and we hope to return on our next visit to Naples.

Room Tip: Request an upgrade, you never know you may just be lucky as we were
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Thank you for your positive review of LaPlaya! We’re pleased that you chose us as part of your Florida vacation, and honored to be recognized as the highlight of your holiday. Our entire staff works diligently each day to provide our guests with a clean facility, superb food, and friendly, attentive service – and your comments show that we continue to meet and exceed this internal goal!

In addition, the mahi mahi sandwich at the Tiki Bar is a great recommendation. It’s definitely a guest and member favorite, along with our Grouper Tacos! Our culinary team will be pleased to read that you enjoyed them.

Thank you again for your visit and support. We, too, look forward to your next vacation at LaPlaya!

Rooms Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (670)
florida
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We spent a long weekend at LaPlaya (6/15 -6/18) and had a wonderful time. All the previous posts about this resort are spot on. The staff is friendly and attentive, the rooms are excellent, and the food, although pricey, was delicious. The service at the pool and the beach are equally outstanding. The valet ( mandatory) are quick to retrieve your vehicle and always attentive. There was never a towel shortage, and the pools and beach area were spotless. We would have hoped the Tiki Bar would have remained open a little later, but this was a very minor inconvenience. I also played the LaPlaya golf course, which is 4 miles from the resort. The course was in very good condition, with water coming into play on almost every hole. Kind of a demanding course due to its tight fairways. A lot of target golf, but still very pleasurable. Its easy to see why this is the top rated resort in Naples. The staff was outstanding !!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Jason M, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you for your recent visit to LaPlaya, we certainly appreciate your stay!

I have shared your feedback with our team, positive reviews such as yours are so important to our associates. We take great pride in delivering a world class product at LaPlaya, while focusing on the basics of hospitality. Based on your review, it would appear that we succeeded with this!

Your comment on the Tiki Bar hours are noted. During our season hours we will fluctuate closing times, and I will disuss with our team your recomendation.

Thank you again for your recent visit, we hope you will enjoy LaPlaya again in the future!

Jason Moll
Director of Rooms
Massachusetts
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We planned this trip with our infant son long ago, and I communicated with the concierge staff quite a bit prior to arriving. Bobbi and Gail were both so super helpful.

I knew the resort was going to be nice, but I really had no idea how nice. It's quite honestly dazzling upon arrival. The grounds are gorgeous, the lobby is beautiful and it smells fantastic. The valet staff is so welcoming. One thing remained constant throughout- the valet staff was always happy and helpful. We never had to wait for more than 3 minutes for our car, there were always at least 3 valets available to help us with anything we needed, and they all 'knew' us and noticed things and just were so attentive. If you're going to pay for valet daily, this is the kind of service you would want- so so nice.

Our room wasn't guaranteed until 4, but after talking with the front desk staff, our room was ready much earlier, which was really nice, since we had special circumstances (a baby who needed a nap!) but prior to checking in, we explored the pools, the beach, and had a drink at the Tiki Bar. Service there was also wonderful.

We ate at Baleen for breakfast once on the terrace. Service was again impeccable. We might have tried dinner there, but there were just so many restaurants within a drive away that we wanted to try. We found some real hidden gems.

The beach is absolutely gorgeous. The water isn't extremely clear, but it's warm water, and a clean beach. I like the fact that you don't have to hunt for free chairs, or remove towels, etc. The beach staff IS helpful. However, I think the use of ATV's is a bit of a nuisance. At the end of the day, I can understand needing to use them to clean up chairs/umbrellas, but it's very difficult to relax when the ATV's are coming back every 5 minutes to set down 2 chairs and an umbrella. Because of this, we only visited the beach twice during our 6 days there.

The pools on the other hand, are relaxation central. Staff is so nice, guests are generally quiet, even the children. The music is unobtrusive, and everything is so clean. We rented a cabana one day and thoroughly enjoyed that. Prices were extremely reasonable and made for a wonderful day. Service there was also wonderful- I think our server's name was Anita. She was great, and even brought a crib down for us to use.

We had a room in the tower, just across the street. I wasn't so keen on that going in, but in the end, was so glad we had it. We were on the 6th floor and all we could see was ocean beyond the resort. No noise issues, nothing. The hotel is also rather quiet- not a lot of noise interference from other guests at all. There is a great little courtyard in the Tower building and it's really close to the main building and facilities. The room is perfectly appointed, very spacious, and the balcony is wonderful. Housekeeping was always done early. It was fine, though not always consistent- sometimes we'd have less towels than the day prior, etc. But no big deal.

The hotel is on a really quiet and beautiful street. I took a walk every morning in either direction. I felt so safe walking with the baby, and there are so many little inlets to Vanderbilt beach, that I explored a different one each day. There are also a few restaurants in walking distance- nothing to really write home about, but it's good to have options. You could walk to the Ritz, and I hear there is a great restaurant there too.

Overall, I really couldn't get over how luxurious this resort is. I don't even feel as though it breaks the bank- you can't beat that. Luxury and relaxation at a great value. I can't wait to go back to Naples, and I have no doubt we would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are going to be in the tower- request the 6th floor. The ocean view is amazing.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lovenewengland
, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Thank you for your very detailed review of your recent visit to LaPlaya! It really does appear that you were able to enjoy most of what we offer at our boutique resort. First and foremost, we’re pleased to see that you enjoyed your guestroom in our Bay Tower. We agree that they are indeed spacious, peaceful, and comfortable – and we’re happy to read that you enjoyed the décor and setup. We just made several changes earlier this year, so it’s nice to receive positive feedback on our choices. And, of course, the nice sized balcony and view make it all worthwhile.

We’re also glad you enjoyed the relaxation of our lagoon style pools and the availability of chairs and umbrellas on the beach. Nice to see that you opted for a cabana rental during your visit – they are indeed popular with both families and couples. We also appreciate you recognizing the staff for their helpful, friendly service with both setup and food/beverage service. I’ve shared your comments regarding the ATV with our beach manager so that he may address with his team. We certainly want to make sure we are doing our best to not disturb our guests.

Again, thank you for recognizing the many staff members that offered you friendly, attentive service during your visit. We are fortunate to have a team of hospitality professionals who truly understand the importance and responsibility that their positions entail. We post all our review for our staff to read, so they will all have the opportunity to read your comments.

Please once again accept our thanks for choosing our resort for your family vacation. It was our pleasure serving you, and we truly appreciate that you have shared your experience with others via TripAdvisor.

We hope to welcome you back someday soon.

Ludlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Ive stayed in La Playa before and Loved it, but had told a friend about it, and was worried it wouldn't stand up to my hype, but it did. It is still fab. We had a room on the 12th floor, which is very high, but a fantastic view, as soon as we booked in, we went onto the balcony, and saw dolphins in the Gulf, it was lovely. The room is super, bed very comfortable, and lovely big bathroom with jacuzzi bath, and view of the ocean from the tub. We ate in the restaurant Baleens and it was very good, with excellent service, and super sunset.
The only critisisim was that when we arrived in our room, I took things out of the fridge, to get my stuff in, and when I did, I found an empty bottle of beer in it, I immediately told staff about the empty beer, and they said I wouldn't be charged and not to worry, but of course I was charged at a later date for the minbar use, which I hadn't used , I know its not alot but its a principle thing, I'm not paying for others theft, and so far they have not answered my emails to them requesting a refund for this charge, which is rude.
Great hotel, shame about them not checking the minibar, before my arrival, thats done to them, not me.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for once again choosing LaPlaya – and for recommending us to your friends! We have a large repeat guest base, and do believe that many of our new guests do visit after hearing about our resort from a friend or family member. Being that we are a boutique resort, we really do rely on the reviews and recommendations of our past guests to help create new fans of LaPlaya!

While I’m pleased that you had a wonderful experience, I also wanted to apologize for the incorrect charge with the mini-bar. It does appear that the FD did note the error with the beverage when you reported it, but the charge resulted from another item. I have addressed with our mini-bar staff so that they improve upon their service in the future. I’ve also followed up with our accounting team as well regarding any delay in rectifying the charge. While they did respond to you the same day of your inquiry on Friday afternoon, the individual you were working with was then away for the weekend so she did not receive the follow up email until Monday morning. The credit was processed first thing that Monday morning, so it should have shown up on your account by now. I am sorry again for this inconvenience and delay as we certainly want to make sure that the charges are being applied to the appropriate guest account.

If I may be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me directly. It was indeed our pleasure welcoming you back, and we do hope to see you again someday soon.

cgrossman@laplayaresort.com
239.597.3123 Ext. 5916
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 17, 2012

After our recent six-night stay this past Saturday, we're already trying to plan a return trip, largely because of the superior staff from the valets, pool staff, waitstaff, beach servers and everyone in between. The management of this resort is to be commended as such widespread good service is tough to find these days. It was really that good. The layout of the resort is very nice. You can tell that it was built quite a while back, but the furnishings are in good shape and lend themselves towards a casual elegance. We stayed in the resort view room across the street and enjoyed the extra space, double vanity, and huge patio with a view of the resort and the ocean and comfortable patio furniture. However, we also walked through a beachfront room with lanai in the beach house (much smaller bathroom, but probably perfect for those with small kids or for those who need easy access to the indoors from the beach) and also a room on the top floor of the beach house (much smaller patio than what we had and again, smaller bathroom), but literally steps from the beach. We did not view the tower rooms, but their patios seemed equally small compared to the spacious one we had. For us, the walk across the usually quiet street was fine, but I could see where those with small children would prefer to avoid it. The beach here is very nice and you are walking distance to the Turtle Club for dinner as well as possibly the Ritz (although that is a bit far for walking in the heat of the day). The hotel restaurant, while pricey, is delicious. Highly recommend the pool cabanas for getting out of the sun - the off-season price of $30 for an entire day, including iced down bottled waters was great. Concierge Gail was helpful as well. The spa was nice (only oddity was there is no relaxation room so when you arrive early, you are literally just hanging out in the waiting room, but our treatments were enjoyable). All in all, a great time. We'll be back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing LaPlaya for your recent weeklong visit to Naples! We’re pleased that you enjoyed your Bay Tower guestroom – many guests do enjoy the extra square footage, and yes all our rooms do indeed have a spacious balcony area. We do have several different room types that meet several different preferences, so thank you for also sharing your thoughts on the other rooms that you viewed during your visit. I am sure potential future guests will appreciate it!

We also couldn’t help but notice that a good portion of your review focused on the friendly, attentive service of our associates. We are fortunate to have a dedicated team of hospitality professionals who work diligently to make each visit an enjoyable one. After all, we take trips as well and know how important great service is to the overall experience.

Thank you again for choosing our resort and for sharing your experience. It was a pleasure having you stay with us, and we hope to welcome you back someday soon.

Aledo
Reviewed June 17, 2012

My husband and I were visiting Florida for the first time and got a great rate here. The rooms are very nice and clean, maid service is great. It is one of the few hotels RIGHT ON THE BEACH, which is why we choose it. The guys setting up seats outside are very nice and prompt, there was never an issue getting a chair at the pool or on the beach. Valet was nice but the only parking option.

OK here are the down sides: they really stick it to you overpricing things! Valet is the only option and is $23, one beer cost $7.50! There is nothing thrown in with the cost of your room, except the use of the pool and beach.

We had a great time, we were just a little put off by the expense of everything. Now, if that is not an issue with you, have at it! It's beautifully located. But if you are operating on somewhat of a budget, be prepared to go off site for all food and bring a small cooler to sneak beers down to the beach.

I will also say this, the beach is AMAZING and the water is BEAUTIFUL! But you'd get that anywhere along that part of the coast.

A good time, just very pricey.

Room Tip: There are three buildings, two are directly on the beach and one is across the street. We upgraded t...
2 Thank Sara T
Thank you for your recent visit to LaPlaya! We’re pleased to read that you had an enjoyable visit and thank you for sharing your experience with others. In particular, thank you for your kind comments regarding our guestrooms. We recently made quite a few new additions and changes, so we’re happy to receive positive feedback on our choices. And, of course, we agree that the beach is a great feature of our location. We believe that a great beach requires friendly, attentive service – and we appreciate you also noticing our healthy inventory of chairs and umbrellas (because nobody should have to get up early to save a seat on the beach!).

For your next visit, feel free to contact me directly as I would be happy to assist with your booking. We have several packages that already include your resort fee and parking fees, and many also come with valuable resort credits to use towards your incidentals. The package rate will often be a little higher, but given the inclusions it often proves to be the best value.

Thank you again for your visit and support. We hope to be your destination of choice on your next visit to Naples!

cgrossman@laplayaresort.com
239.597.3123 Ext. 5916
Naples, Florida
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Best brunch on the terrace. Try the eggs with garlic sauce - unbelieveable! You can make reservations even if you aren't a hotel guest.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive review of Baleen restaurant! Our culinary team does work diligently to offer a variety of delicious options to compliment the amazing view and atmosphere of dining beachside. We will be sure to share your comments with our entire team.

We hope to serve you again someday soon.