“Beautiful decor, rooms and close to shops and water.”

Bayfront Inn 5th Ave
Ranked #31 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed August 18, 2006

The hotel staff was wonderful and attentive. The room was furnished nicely and very clean for a standard room and the price was right. Will definitely stay here again real soon.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed August 9, 2006

Visiting the US from the UK we stayed one night on our way down to the Keys and wished we'd planned to stay longer. Lovely view overlooking the bay. Our boys enjoyed the large flat screened tv. Very comfortable beds and good sized room. We also enjoyed cocktails in the bar again overlooking the bay. A good sized pool too! Staff were friendly and helpful. We would definitely recommend the Bay Front Inn on Fifth. Good location for shops and Naples beach.

Stayed: August 2006
2  Thank familyp
Reviewed August 7, 2006

We are pretty picky about hotels & were very pleasantly surprised by the Bayfront Inn on Fifth. We stayed for three nights.

Newly renovated rooms were tastefully decorated & the bathroom was modern & quite stylish. The bed was actually comfortable (another nice surprise!) & the flatscreen TV was a nice feature. We stayed in a bay view room, but to be honest, for the amount of time we were actually in the room I think I would have been content with whatever the ordinary view was. Contrary to what I had read in some other reviews, the front desk staff was very friendly & helpful. The photos on the hotel's website were accurate.

The location was great - very close to restaurants, shops & a very quick drive to the beach. Easy access to the highway as well.

While the continental breakfast buffet was inexpensive, we didn't especially like it and chose local coffee shops for the rest of the mornings.

For the price, this hotel was a great deal and certainly has more style than a typical budget hotel. We'll definitely stay there if we're in the area again & definitely recommend it if you're looking for a real value.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mae2468
Reviewed July 22, 2006

The hotel is wonderful, however the front desk personnel is the worst I have ever met. The guy who "helped" us was rude not to say more. Our reservation did not appear in their system and he checked only once, when asked to check again, he said he had already checked and we did not have reservations and good bye!!!!!! then when asked what his name was, he refused saying it was none of our business and covered his name tag! then when asked for the manager or supervisor, he said it was him and ignored us completely! when we called on the phone to try and get the managers real name, he answered and he was even worse shouting and hanging up the phone on us. We asked him where he was from because he had an accent and he also answered rudely.
Even if the hotel was that good, I will NEVER go back to spend my money somewhere where they dont know how to hire efficient kind staff.

Stayed: July 2006
8  Thank sansil
Reviewed July 11, 2006

What a great find! Stayed here on 7/7/06 and would recomend this hotel to anyone.Very clean rooms and common areas with great views of gordon river if you have a river view room. Also the views from the outdoor bar and patio overlook the water.Large flat screen tv in the rooms and his and her bath robes.All in all do not hesitate to stay here.Also only blocks to 5th ave and right across from tin city. Will always stay here in the future!

5  Thank chris7071
Reviewed July 9, 2006

I stayed July 4th wkend. I had reserved 2 rooms, 1 checking in on Sun. the other on Mon. Sun. they tell me the rest./bar is closed cause the employees quit. They gave us a room which is located almost inside the lobby & across from another room which is where they prepare the continenal breakfast at around 4am. which means-no sleep, they were banging pans & glasses, silverware, not to mention early in the a.m the early birds having breakfast, cracking up and talking, Well, this only gets better, I get up and request to be moved to another room due to the noice level & also, told them i have a 2nd reservation, liked to check in also...well, they moved me, then they gave me the room keys for the 2nd room in the 1st floor, i gave them my credit card, they ran it thru by the next day,late in the afternoon, no room service, for my 2nd room which was were my elderly parents were staying, i mean no toilet paper-no clean towels-no soap! they said sorry we do not have you on the list, and no housekeeping now! i went to the front desk they said, that they dont have record of me checking in, what?? I have you my credit card, signed you gave me the card and room keys, what else do you need me to do to check in? Well, they never cleaned my parents rooms, the guy at the front deliverd toilet paper and towels, etc. Then 2nd and 3rd day, the rest. bar was open, but , when u go to order a drink, a screwdriver, the guy behind the bar says, well, i am not a bartender but if you tell me what is in the drink, i will make it for you...yes, please add voldka & oj.! they he did not know how to run the credit card thru, and could not charge to my room either, the owner did not know how to work the crd card and also told us the music was broken!the pool is super small!

7  Thank fontsr
Reviewed July 7, 2006

We spent two nights at the Bayfront Inn in Naples through a $55/night Priceline bid and were wonderfully suprised with the quality of the room we received for the price. Located right across the street from Tin City and within walking distance of all the shops and eateries on the posh 5th Ave., the Bayfront Inn on Fifth is a very comfortable hotel that catered to our basic needs. From the outside, the old Comfort Inn which was recently converted to the Bayfront Inn looks just average (2 stars perhaps?).

The lobby is tastefully decorated and clean. Upon check in, the staff was polite but didn't provide stellar service or extend friendly conversation, which was disappointing. Once they saw that we had a Priceline reservation, it almost seemed as if they didn't try as hard to please us. I asked for a king bed and the clerk simply said "Sorry, I can't since you're through Priceline". His tone was flat and almost rude.

Once we got to the room, we were very happy with the amenities and quality of the furnishings. The beds were some of the most comfortable we've rested in and were comparable to the Doubletree and Westin beds. The bed linens were superior quality as were the towels in the bathroom. The soaps, shampoos and lotions in the bathroom were top of the line and the glass door stand up shower was spectacular, with side watrer jets and good water pressure.

I would have rated this stay a 5 had it not been for some service issues. We returned from 4th of July fireworks and had planned on ordering room service. The in-room book indicated that room service was available until 10pm and when I called to place my order at 8:55 pm, we were told the kitchen was closed and then the person just hung up. When I checked out the next morning, the service was also below average and took forever since their printer was down and I wanted a receipt. One other drawback is that in-room high speed internet is $9.95 per day. They do offer free WiFi in the lobby, but I didn't feel like doing my business in public.

Overall, great rooms, beds and furnishings with some service issues that could easily be corrected!

1  Thank mhamerlind