“worst staff ever”

Bayfront Inn 5th Ave
Ranked #31 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed July 22, 2006

The hotel is wonderful, however the front desk personnel is the worst I have ever met. The guy who "helped" us was rude not to say more. Our reservation did not appear in their system and he checked only once, when asked to check again, he said he had already checked and we did not have reservations and good bye!!!!!! then when asked what his name was, he refused saying it was none of our business and covered his name tag! then when asked for the manager or supervisor, he said it was him and ignored us completely! when we called on the phone to try and get the managers real name, he answered and he was even worse shouting and hanging up the phone on us. We asked him where he was from because he had an accent and he also answered rudely.
Even if the hotel was that good, I will NEVER go back to spend my money somewhere where they dont know how to hire efficient kind staff.

Stayed: July 2006
8  Thank sansil

Reviewed July 11, 2006

What a great find! Stayed here on 7/7/06 and would recomend this hotel to anyone.Very clean rooms and common areas with great views of gordon river if you have a river view room. Also the views from the outdoor bar and patio overlook the water.Large flat screen tv in the rooms and his and her bath robes.All in all do not hesitate to stay here.Also only blocks to 5th ave and right across from tin city. Will always stay here in the future!

5  Thank chris7071
Reviewed July 9, 2006

I stayed July 4th wkend. I had reserved 2 rooms, 1 checking in on Sun. the other on Mon. Sun. they tell me the rest./bar is closed cause the employees quit. They gave us a room which is located almost inside the lobby & across from another room which is where they prepare the continenal breakfast at around 4am. which means-no sleep, they were banging pans & glasses, silverware, not to mention early in the a.m the early birds having breakfast, cracking up and talking, Well, this only gets better, I get up and request to be moved to another room due to the noice level & also, told them i have a 2nd reservation, liked to check in also...well, they moved me, then they gave me the room keys for the 2nd room in the 1st floor, i gave them my credit card, they ran it thru by the next day,late in the afternoon, no room service, for my 2nd room which was were my elderly parents were staying, i mean no toilet paper-no clean towels-no soap! they said sorry we do not have you on the list, and no housekeeping now! i went to the front desk they said, that they dont have record of me checking in, what?? I have you my credit card, signed you gave me the card and room keys, what else do you need me to do to check in? Well, they never cleaned my parents rooms, the guy at the front deliverd toilet paper and towels, etc. Then 2nd and 3rd day, the rest. bar was open, but , when u go to order a drink, a screwdriver, the guy behind the bar says, well, i am not a bartender but if you tell me what is in the drink, i will make it for you...yes, please add voldka & oj.! they he did not know how to run the credit card thru, and could not charge to my room either, the owner did not know how to work the crd card and also told us the music was broken!the pool is super small!

7  Thank fontsr
Reviewed July 7, 2006

We spent two nights at the Bayfront Inn in Naples through a $55/night Priceline bid and were wonderfully suprised with the quality of the room we received for the price. Located right across the street from Tin City and within walking distance of all the shops and eateries on the posh 5th Ave., the Bayfront Inn on Fifth is a very comfortable hotel that catered to our basic needs. From the outside, the old Comfort Inn which was recently converted to the Bayfront Inn looks just average (2 stars perhaps?).

The lobby is tastefully decorated and clean. Upon check in, the staff was polite but didn't provide stellar service or extend friendly conversation, which was disappointing. Once they saw that we had a Priceline reservation, it almost seemed as if they didn't try as hard to please us. I asked for a king bed and the clerk simply said "Sorry, I can't since you're through Priceline". His tone was flat and almost rude.

Once we got to the room, we were very happy with the amenities and quality of the furnishings. The beds were some of the most comfortable we've rested in and were comparable to the Doubletree and Westin beds. The bed linens were superior quality as were the towels in the bathroom. The soaps, shampoos and lotions in the bathroom were top of the line and the glass door stand up shower was spectacular, with side watrer jets and good water pressure.

I would have rated this stay a 5 had it not been for some service issues. We returned from 4th of July fireworks and had planned on ordering room service. The in-room book indicated that room service was available until 10pm and when I called to place my order at 8:55 pm, we were told the kitchen was closed and then the person just hung up. When I checked out the next morning, the service was also below average and took forever since their printer was down and I wanted a receipt. One other drawback is that in-room high speed internet is $9.95 per day. They do offer free WiFi in the lobby, but I didn't feel like doing my business in public.

Overall, great rooms, beds and furnishings with some service issues that could easily be corrected!

1  Thank mhamerlind
A TripAdvisor Member
Florida
Reviewed June 18, 2006

Husband and I stayed here last week and had a wonderful two days. The hotel was in a great location for the bars and restaurants on 5th Avenue.
The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly and the hotel itself is a real find!
Initially we were going to book the Ritz but decided to go for location this time. We were very glad we did. The room was lovely, the bed I could have slept in forever and the bathroom was fabulous. We had a bay view room and the boat show was on which was an added bonus.
The food in the bambu bar was excellent althought the choice was limited.
For what we paid this hotel cannot be beat so go on and try it and I promise you wont be disappointed.
As an aside try the St George pub in the evening for food. The duck is to die for...

• Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 11, 2006

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Bayfront Inn on Fifth during part of a whirlwind week of travel around Florida. We spent one night here in Naples, and after arriving in our room, we wished we could stay longer. Having just come over to Naples from Miami Beach, where we'd spent twice as much on a room not as nice, we were so pleased by our room. You can see by others' pictures how tastefully and nicely the rooms are decorated. We paid $85/night as June is during the off-season, and we thought it was quite a bargain. We had a "city view" room, and as such, we kept our blinds drawn. The hotel has an inexpensive continental breakfast in the beautiful lobby every morning (wish it had been free), and serves tea (the good kind) and cookies from 3-4 every day. They have a free shuttle to the beach, as well, which is great since the hotel isn't on the beach. (We did not have time to take advantage of this.)

We had minimal interactions with the staff at Bayfront Inn on Fifth, but all that we had were pleasant. During our stay, we enjoyed a fantastic meal at The Dock at Crayton Cove (Google them to find location and menu), a romantic walk out the Naples Pier at night, and actually took advantage of the Everglades Excursion (the hotel as the brochure at the front desk--check it out--reservations are required 24 hours in advance). That was a lot of fun.

If we ever make it back to Naples, we'll definitely stay at the Bayfront Inn on Fifth again!

• Stayed: June 2006
4  Thank Julie S
Reviewed June 8, 2006

The Bayfront Inn on Fifth has a great location, even though it is not beachfront. It sits looking out on a nice bay, with small docks for boats. Has a lovely bar/patio area to sit in the evening and have a cocktail.

My husband & I stayed here with our two-year old, and it was a great place to keep him occupied - looking at boats, walking over to Tin City (under the highway along a path), and even swimming in the pool. The pool area would be my only criticism - the pool was cool (though it said heated), the hot tub looked scuzzy (we didn't even set foot in it), and the pool area is small, with minimial seating.

The room was great - smaller than some hotels, but more than made up for this fact with the most comfortable beds ever! And great pillows, too - and my husband was ecstatic with the flat screen TV.

The room was very clean, as was the bathroom - and quite pretty, too, with its tile. The sink was small (awkward to wash your face in), but again very attractive, if on the small side. This would probably best be described as a "boutique hotel."

Across the street, in the village, is a wonderful Italian restaurant, and though it is quite nice, we took our 2 year old, and the staff was very kind to us. There is also a deli/breakfast place in the village, a little further down, that has the best quiche!

• Stayed: April 2006