Bayfront Inn 5th Ave
Hampton Inn Central Naples(Naples)(Great Value!)
$98
Hampton.com
Hampton Inn Naples I-75(Naples)(Great Value!)
$112
$107
Trianon Old Naples(Naples)(Great Value!)
$159
Residence Inn Naples(Naples)(Great Value!)
$143
Residence Inn
BEST WESTERN Naples Plaza Hotel(Naples)(Great Value!)
$99
$80
$83
$77
Agoda.com
Naples Grande Beach Resort(Naples)
$249
  • Pool
$179
$145
All reviewstin citybay viewoutdoor barbayview roomwithin walking distanceshops and restaurantsboutique hotelbusy roadwater viewfront desk staffshopping and diningnice roomclose to downtowndowntown naplesshort driveold naplesbaymont
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Not a good experience at all. The hotel seems to have problems with their customer service all the way across the board. For starters, they didn't follow through on the early check-in they initially told us would be no problem. When we got to the hotel around 11 am, it suddenly became a problem. We were left driving around the city for 4 hours with a rental car full of luggage, and when I expressed my displeasure with the situation, the (rather rude) woman at the front desk told us it was because of the type of room we reserved. So… it was my fault? Ok.

The second night we were there, we had trouble with the toilet not flushing (not plugged, it just wouldn't flush) and called for maintenance. When the hotel employee showed up, he handed my husband a plunger and told him to leave it in the hallway when he was done. Apparently that's their definition of "boutique hotel" service for you.

The hotel's location is ideal; it's convenient to beaches, restaurants and entertainment. The downside to the hotel's location is that it is quite noisy. We had a bay view room (which they claim is quieter than the city view rooms), and it was still loud; the hotel is in the flight path of the Naples municipal airport, so there is an almost constant stream of flights taking off and landing. Also, those same "quiet" bay view rooms are directly over the veranda. The mattresses are extremely comfortable, but the linens not so much; they advertise "luxury linens", but if those sheets are higher quality than 150 thread count I'd be shocked.

We found out – from a review on TripAdvisor, which we later verified with a hotel employee – that the hotel not only has a shuttle to the beach, but rents beach chairs and towels! Why on earth would they not give this information to guests when they check in?

The absolute last straw, though, was the outrageously unacceptable behavior I witnessed from the bar staff the Friday night of our stay. We were there for a wedding, with the reception held at the hotel. After the reception wound down, several of us were sitting on the veranda talking. The bartenders and staff were breaking down the decorations and buffet table, and two of the young men were bickering back and forth. It wouldn't have been a problem if it hadn't been for the obscenities and anti-gay slurs they were shouting at each other. I immediately went in to the front desk to address it, but there was no one at the desk. The following morning I spoke to a young woman at the desk and advised her that I wanted to speak to a manager. I was told the manager wasn't there, but she would pass along any concerns. I left my cell phone # and asked that s/he call me. No surprise, I never received a phone call.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Adegan
-BarryGHiggins, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

I am so sorry. I do not even know how to begin to respond. Although some of the issues that you have mentioned are quite innocent and "explainable". Many really require further investigation so that the issue may be completely resolved. I wish that I could have spoken to you while you were here at our hotel. Would you please contact me at 239-649-5800 ext 513 so that I can personally follow up with you. If you are more comfortable I can be emailed at generalmanager@bayfrontinnnaples.com. My sincerest apologies for disappointing you during your recent stay with us.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Bayfront Inn is very clean. But....room 317 is very awkward. Chest of drawers opens up into isle and can't get around bed....There is room for a refrigerator in the room but that is a la carte. You have to rent it for$20.00 a night. So if you need to keep wine or juice or anything for the kids cold...include refrigerator rent in the price of room!!! They offer continental breakfast at 7:00 a.m, but you have to see the bartender for even a cup of coffee and pay for it. Its also a la carte..And the bartender did not show up at 7am for the first 3 mornings we were there...(Fri, Sat and Sun) Manager said he was "late" and apologized. No work out area or pool..You can rent (a la carte) your fitness center for $10.00 a day at the Naples Community Hospital...really!!! The pool and rec areas are "under construction". It rained one night while we were there and the floor in the lounge was flooded out. Next morning for breakfast you had to walk around puddles on the floor. Very poor management. Only positive thing I can say was it was a clean hotel..but for the area and price, not a good deal. Concierge is not there on Sun or Monday or after 4pm.....The only staff people who seemed consciencious were the maids cleaning the rooms...

Room Tip: Rooms over the lounge are noisy...bar has live music..air conditioners are very loud
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
-BarryGHiggins, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

Im very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us! Our guests may at any time request a refrigerator from our front desk and one will be delivered to the room FREE OF CHARGE. Im so sorry that you thought that there was a $20.00 charge. Can you please let me know where you heard that there was a charge so that I can make that correction? Also we do not offer a continental breakfast, but we do offer a very nice breakfast buffet. The cost of the buffet is $12.95 and it does include coffee and fresh squeezed Florida orange juice, and a variety of other beverages. If you come to our restaurant and order a cup of coffee you will be charged, but we do offer complementary Keurig coffee service in all of our guest rooms. I am very sorry that the server was not on time that is inexcusable and I will be speaking with our food and beverage manager regarding this. Can you please respond with the dates of your stay so that I may further investigate this? I am sorry we do not have a fitness center, we do have one included in our current renovation due to be completed some time in May. In regards to Wellness Center located at Naples Community Hospital this is very nice state of the art facility that we offer complementary shuttle service to from our hotel. The Wellness Center does charge non members a $10.00 per day fee for use of its facilities. Our pool and rec areas are open and not under construction nor were they under construction during your stay, again can you please let me know where you received this information? In regards to puddles on our waterside terrace, because it is located outside we do get some puddles during periods of rain, I'm so sorry. Our concierge is on duty during high volume "peak hours" to answer our guests questions, make dinner reservations, or provide shuttle service. During the hours that the concierge is not available these services are provided by our front desk. It would be extremely helpful to me if you would please contact me at general manager@bayfrontinnnaples.com and provide me with some more details of your stay. We care about each one of our reviews and it is very important to us that we respond and make change where change is needed. Thank you so much for staying with us.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Great location, friendly staff,nice room facing the Bay. Unfortunately very very noisy.Our room faced the bar area. I believe they had a wedding party with DJ…etc. going on that day! It felt as if the party was inside my room.We couldn’t rest/relax much…which is the reason my husband and I decided to get away to Naples for one day…and it wasn’t cheap we paid almost $300 for that one night. Breakfast buffet was terrible the eggs and potatoes were cold and tasteless…again not cheap for $28. It was the worst $28 ever spent.Our waiter was very nice but he was overwhelmed as he was the only one there. I honestly felt bad for the guy.AC in room was not working properly...very hot at night.Also; we got stuck in the elevator…which was very scaring. At check out I did express my complaints to the nice girl and she said you would speak to her manager. I have not heard from anybody at Bayfront Inn.Overall, it was a bit disappointing but not terrible.Again very friendly staff and clean.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
-BarryGHiggins, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Thank you for your nice comments about our staff and location. I am so sorry that you were dissappointed by noise from an event, your experience in our restaurant, and your in room ac not working properly. It is also inexcusable that you were told by our staff that a manger would contact you and that so far no one has reached out to you. Please contact me back at generalmanager@bayfrontinnnaples.com. My first choice would be to redeam The Bayfront Inns reputation by inviting you back for a complementary stay in which case I would also include an upgraded room, as well as a dinning credit. If you would rather have a refund of your stay including room and tax, as well as all breakfast charges, I would also be happy to do this for you. Once again my sincere apologies for disappointing you.

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Our room was street side. Very noisy, the sun beams through in the afternoon and have to pull the cheesy shade down. Room trays were sitting outside room doors more then 12 hours. Only good part is the location

• Stayed: April 2014

Im very sorry that you were disappointed with your stay with us. Although its hard to apologize for the sun setting on the west side of our hotel, I am sorry that you were disturbed by this and did not feel that your shade was adequate. I am also sorry that your tray sat out side of your room for such a long time, I am assuming that this was from evening to morning however this is still unacceptable and I will be speaking with our head of housekeeping as well as our front desk manager regarding this. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

On the one hand, it's difficult to give a hotel a really good review when you didn't sleep well. After all, the hotel is a place to sleep and that should be the primary basis for deciding if it was worth it or not. However, the hotel also has a lot of things going for it, so I think it deserves a stronger review. If it helps, consider this a 3.5 star review that I rounded up.

Lets start with the bad - sleep. Had a lot of trouble sleeping. And I wasn't uncomfortable, there wasn't too much noise outside (even though we were right above the bar) and the A/C drowned out what noise there was. But for some reason, bot my girlfriend and I had trouble sleeping here. That's a problem for a hotel, and hard to get past.

We didn't eat or drink here, which makes this review even stranger. If I didn't eat or drink here, and didn't sleep well, then how am I giving it 4 stars. Well, impressions are important, location is important, and staff is important. Beginning with the latter, the staff was wonderful - very accommodating, including giving us an extra hour to check out, even though their checkout time was already an hour later than most hotels. Everyone was extremely pleasant to talk to.

Location has already been mentioned, but I'll mention it again. It's on the water - not beach side, but on the river or inlet or something. Multiple good restaurants right outside and outdoor bars right on the water. Very high end area - but this is Naples, so that describes a lot. Downtown Naples, with its plethora of fancy restaurants and expensive shops, is 1/2 mile away or less - easy walking distance. We didn't go to the beach from our hotel - did that after we checked out and went to the art district - so I don't know how convenient it is to the beach. But the location is superb. Prime spot.

As I said, impressions are important, too, and this place is very cute. Rooms are well put together. Outside looks like a high end fancy boutique hotel, and the area, as mentioned, is also very high end.

So, lack of good sleep aside, I liked it here and would probably give it another chance. Given how expensive hotels are in nearby marco island, it is probably hard to find such a nice place at these prices. In any event, maybe the lack of sleep was due to what we ate - we both ate the same thing that night, though I should be shot for even suggesting there was something stomach-upsetting about that wonderfulness.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tbow77
-BarryGHiggins, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

We are very happy that you enjoyed our hotel. I think your decision to round up and give us the benefit of the doubt regarding your trouble sleeping was a very fair decision. I have had similar experiences even staying in 5 star resorts and for no particular reason I was just "restless" I think some of it can have to do with changes in your eating habits when you go away, or even just the excitement of being in a different environment and routine. Thank you for your many nice comments about our property and we do certainly hope that you will return.