Bayfront Inn 5th Ave
  • Beachfront
$329
$205
Official Website
Inn of Naples(Naples)(Great Value!)
$99
$229
  • Restaurant
$289
  • Beachfront
All reviewstin citybay viewoutdoor barbayview roomwithin walking distanceshops and restaurantsboutique hotelbusy roadwater viewfront desk staffshopping and diningnice roomclose to downtowndowntown naplesshort driveold naplesbaymont
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stayed at this property on Nov 1 & 2. The personnel at the front desk were very polite but not professionally trained. They are trained to answer the incoming calls fast but not trained to properly handle all questions from guests or potential guests.
When we checked in the front desk was not busy with any other guest so there was no reason for the employee to rush through the check-in process. She rushed us through the process in about 2 minutes. Never did she advise us of where the restaurant or bar was, didn't even mention that there was a pool. There was a sign in the lobby about construction but never did she mention anything about it. We needed assistance with our luggage but she didn't mention anything about where to find a luggage cart or if anyone was available to assist us with our luggage. We called down to the desk after we unpacked and asked for a low to moderate priced restaurant near the hotel. She recommended 2 restaurants. We researched both of her recommendations on line to find that they were extremely expensive. One of them had entrees starting at about $25.00 up to $45.00. We surely don't call that low to moderate pricing. We spent over an hour doing our own research to find a terrific moderately priced Italian Restaurant named Cosmos Ristorante, about 5-10 minute drive from hotel. They had wonderful Italian food. Total price including 2 glasses of wine was a bit over $40.00.
Later the same day we asked the same female rep at the desk if she knew anything about the water shuttle. She gave us a printed schedule. When we asked her how much it was she didn't know. Then asked her if you pay 1 price for unlimited stops or do you pay again on the return trip. She said that she's heard various pricing. We were upset that she didn't know the answer or didn't seek an answer for us.
Sunday morning check out was very disappointing for a few other guests. They wanted to check out at the desk and couldn't find anyone there around 7:30 am. Later they found out that the front desk clerk was delivering newspapers on each floor of the hotel. There was no sign at the desk asking guests to wait. When the male clerk returned to the desk he never apologized to any of the guests for the wait.
Guest room (406) was clean but as many other guests have written, small in size. Bed was very comfortable but all 4 pillows were old and quite lumpy. We requested a small refrigerator which was never inspected for cleanlilness. It was filthy which we took the liberty to clean ourselves. The room a/c did not keep a constantly good temperature and noise from the compressor kicked in, it was very loud. We were going to request a different room except we overheard a desk clerk tell another guest that they were at capacity.
Drinking glasses in any hotel room must be sanitary and the 2 drinking glasses in the bathroom were made of glass and unwrapped. This is extremely unsanitary and no one should ever drink from unwrapped glasses.
On a good note!! We ate in the restaurant 2 times and both times were great experiences. Gasha waited on us both times. He is GREAT!! Very attentive and well trained.

Room Tip: Very noisy from outside traffic. Ask for a quieter room, if possible.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark B
-BarryGHiggins, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Wow, I am so sorry. We do have a front desk staff person who is in training and they are extremely nice, but are still learning the ropes. Thank you so much for pointing this out to us. She has met with her supervisor and will receive additional training in the areas where there is still some uncertainty. I am so sorry that you were affected by this, however this is not a usual occurrence here at our hotel, and as you had stated was confined to only one front desk agent in particular. I am so sorry that we were missing a front desk agent at your check out time. Regardless of where they were in the hotel there should have been a sign out and they should have apologized when they returned, this also is an unusual circumstance here at our hotel. As you mentioned our rooms are a bit smaller than what you would find in a cooperate property. Many apologies for the other deficiencies you found upon arrival to your room. I will be meeting with our head of maintenance regarding your in room refrigerator as well as your air conditioning unit. One comment regarding glasses. Plastic disposable glasses are usually wrapped, but glass is usually covered with a sanitary cap, this is a common practice in most hotels. I am so happy that you enjoyed eating in our restaurant. Im not sure if you have spoken to any of our managers regarding the issues that you had during your stay but if you would like to email me personally, I would certainly like the opportunity to offer you some compensation for your inconvenience. Perhaps you might consider even giving us an opportunity for a "do over" sometime in the future. We really are a wonderful hotel and take a lot of pride in satisfying our guests.
I can be reached at generalmanager@bayfrontinnnaples.com

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel and had a wonderful time. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff was friendly. The Inn is in walking distance to good restaurants and shopping. You can also walk to the beach. Have breakfast at the on site Bambu Tropical Grill and enjoy the hospitality and great service from Milosh. Great place, we'll be back!

Room Tip: Ask for the bay front room for beautiful views of the bay.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for all of your nice comments about our property. We are glad that you found us so convenient to all that Naples has to offer. I will be sure to have Milosh read your review, it makes our staff very happy when they please a guest and the guest mentions their name! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed the weekend recently and had a nice time. The stone
crab festival was that weekend and reason for our visit from Ft. Myers.

We had the 4th floor bay view luxury double room. The room was
clean but was a lot smaller than anticipated. The bathroom was
very small and the shower had a double door that was hard to
maneuver. Since the shower was in that small of a bathroom it
was difficult to get in and out.The angle was hard to maneuver
and caution had to be used to make sure you didn't slip and fall.
There was nothing applied to the shower floor or walls to help
with footing or stability. Also the sink was about 80% clogged
and I had to try and push the water down with my hand. One
of my pet peeves is clogged bathroom sinks that hold water
when brushing your teeth and spitting in a full sink...yuk!

The furnishings in the main room was old and warn looking.
A positive was the bed and bedding was as advertised. The
problem is walls are thin and door let in a lot of hallway noise.
When other doors were closed nearby it sounded like it was
your door. We were a ways down the hall from the elevator
and as soon as people got off you could hear them talk all
the way down the hall. All this is very common problems with
older hotels. The bay view from the room was nice over a
small marina and the redeveloped condos.

We had the breakfast buffet and the cost was reasonable.
The food good was good but little attention was paid by
staff to refill or close the lids on the warmers. So the food
was cold or empty if you didn't pay attention to when it was
brought out fresh. It wasn't very crowded and we had to ask
to have a table wiped off before we sat down. It wasn't due to
lack of staff or too busy, it seemed the 4 that were attending
the outside deck wanted to spend more time behind the bar
talking or waiting for people to sit at the bar and order drinks
I watched them walk by the warming trays and not even look
at them.

Luxury is sometimes in the eye of the beholder. IMHO it's
just average, old and not so good with attending the outside
breakfast presentation.

All in...I have paid a lot less and had better. It's Naples and
on a small bay. I guess that's how they justify the higher fee.

Room Tip: We had 4th floor "luxury" double. Good view but noisy inside the hotel and late night from the bay and bars. If you don't care about the view try the other side. It's less expensive but you may have street noise.
1  Thank Wreck_Diver1

Thank you for staying with us during the Stone Crab Festival weekend! I am sorry that you felt your guest room, and bath was too small. We are a cozy, warm, and friendly (84) room boutique hotel and sometimes if one is more accustomed to a corporate experience they may not be comfortable at our property. I am sorry you were disappointed with your shower and guest room bath area; I wish we had known, perhaps we could have provided a skid free mat for your convenience. Our sinks although very beautiful use what’s called a "European drain" which does not have a vent. This does cause the water in the sink to drain more slowly and they can tend to clog more easily than a traditional sink, I am very sorry. I am also sorry that you felt our furniture was old and warn looking. Our decor is Caribbean Chic which does have a distressed look, but our room furnishings do also require regular touch ups and maintenance. I will make sure that we are checking and completing this step in all guest rooms prior to check in. I’m so sorry that you were disturbed by noises in the hallway. We are a smaller hotel, which combined with a sold out night can mean extra activity (and noise) in our common areas, and hallways. I’m very sorry that you felt that our breakfast buffet was not well attended to and I will certainly speak with our food and beverage manager regarding your review. Regretfully, I wish I could offer you more in response to your comment "Luxury is sometimes in the eye of the beholder" As you read through our many Trip Advisors reviews you will see that the vast majority of our guests are extremely happy with their experience here at our hotel. We are proud of our property and staff, and although we are certainly not perfect we do try very hard to provide all of our guests with good value, and an enjoyable, memorable experience. Sometimes a guest may be accustomed to or expecting a different experience and because of this their personal preferences may not make us their ideal travel choice. In such a case all that we are able to say is " We are sorry". All of your comments will be taken very seriously, and I promise you that the ones that are fixable, will be fixed.
If you like you may contact me at generalmanager@bayfrontinnnaples.com, as I would like to offer you a full refund of your breakfast charges as well as a partial refund for your room charges because you were unhappy with your accommodations and were disturbed by noise in your hallway. Finally I would like to thank you for being patient during your stay, and giving us a try. Best wishes to you in your future travels.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

In a few weeks, ALL BRAND NEW, but with old florida ambiance. (one out-of-the -way area still being beautified, no noise or inconvenience) lobby and veranda new decor delightful with "antique fans," wrought iron, fountain. Go there NOW for discounted room rates before they finish spiffing. cozy guest room was BRAND new with marvelous harbor view. 100 yard walk to a dozen new and old outdoor harbor-side restaurants. On site dock for $5 water taxi to more swell waterfront eateries and thru venice-style million dollar condos and yachts of the "Bay of Naples." On site trolley stop to several great shopping and dining venues of Naples (includes history lesson.). excellent service throughout, especially Milosch on the veranda serving bevs and meals (limited good value menu till they finish shining things. and great tour advice (better get there soon before he is kicked upstairs! Or hired away by the Trump!) as pleasure boats ply the waters and small planes (quietly) descend into air field. Dreamy. samnpam

Room Tip: harbour side (didn't use fitness or see a spa)
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
-BarryGHiggins, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you so much for such a nice review of our property. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. You certainly did a nice job of summarizing all the unique features of our hotel! I will be sure to pass on your complements to Milosch. I agree with you he is a terrific person to have on staff, and a pleasure work with. We hope that you will come and see us again soon!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Love this hotel. I travel to Naples (for the beach/vacation) at least 3 to 4 times a year. Always a great price and love the Bay view it offers. Located with-in walking distance to great stores and restaurants - this really is a must stay. Always clean rooms and who doesn't love using the robes to go down to the pool or spa! Definitely will go back again and again.

Room Tip: Definitely the Bay side of the hotel is prettier than the "City" side. Always ask if they can upgrade your room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank MommaDina
-BarryGHiggins, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you for being such a devoted guest of our hotel. We are so happy that you find our location so convenient and our price a good value! Thank you so much for your nice comments about our rooms. Next time you come and stay with us please email me at generalmanager@bayfrontinnnaples.com, we have a gift for you!
We will look forward to seeing you again soon.