“Picture and Pleasure Perfect”

Bayfront Inn 5th Ave
Ranked #30 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Miami, Florida
“Picture and Pleasure Perfect”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

After having stayed twice in the past two months, my wife and kids are already asking me when we're going back. Everyone on staff is extremely friendly and professional, especially Nivea and the front desk team. Milosh in the restaurant has an impressive memory and made us feel like we've been coming to the Bayfront Inn for years - Cheers! I also can't say enough about Dustin who was beyond patient and helpful when it came time to go kayaking and boating. If you can swing it, definitely pay a little extra for a bayview room. We were even interested in upgrading to the penthouse but were told it was being renovated. Something to look forward to, I suppose.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
-BarryGHiggins, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
WOW! Our staff loves to see their names in print! Thank you so much for your review of our property. We are very happy that you have been enjoying your time with us and have even stayed with us twice in the last two months! As happy as you are, we want you to know that we are committed to continue improving your families guest experience. Thank you, and please do come back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Perfect hotel, located near the harbour, staff is very friendly, rooms look fantastic and our room had a terrific view over the habour. Easy located for renting a boat and lovely swimming pool. Well... what can we say more. This hotel is highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2013
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you so much for writing such a nice review about our property. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you travel in USA.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We visited this hotel on a special deal through an Internet coupon company. The coupon included not only a reduced rate, but 2 drinks and $25 food credit each night. Very nice place for the price. This hotel has been completely renovated. Everything is newly painted, new carpet, new fixtures, everything they could do with what they had. The problem is it was an old hotel and you really can't change the layout of the rooms. The bathrooms were very small. That said, they were very well decorated, tiled shower, no tub. The room itself was nice sized, but I was a bit surprised that there was no mini fridge nor a microwave. The wall AC unit was a bit noisy as it kicked on and off all night. Again, it was an old hotel and there was a distinct smell in the hallways. It is non-smoking now, but you could tell it hadn't always been that way. The pool and landscaping had also been redone. The patio bar area was very nice. Breakfast was served in the same area overlooking the water on the bay. Breakfast buffet was sufficient although not too fancy. Bartenders and wait staff were very friendly, but they could have used a little more help. Parking is free. The hotel is just across the street from Tin City, a tourist area that has several restaurants and lots of shops. You can also walk to the old downtown area that has top notch shopping and dining.
I would stay there again, but for the right price.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a bay side room. Much quieter than street side and you can watch the boats...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
-BarryGHiggins, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
So glad that you were able to take advantage of our TravelZoo deal! Our hotel is family owned and operated for 25 years. As you mentioned the hotel has been completely renovated but there are certain characteristics about the hotel that we are unable to change. All of our luxury rooms do have refrigerators and as for our other rooms in the hotel we have complementary refrigerators and microwaves available just by request. We are a smoke free hotel but as hard as we try not everyone follows the rules. I am sorry that you may have been affected by this during your stay. Im so glad you enjoyed our waterside terrace and our convenient location to all the fun that beautiful downtown Naples has to offer. Keep an eye out for our next TravelZoo deal. Hope to see you again.
California
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I waited three months before I wrote this review so that I could evaluate how I really felt about this hotel. All I can say is that it is OK and a good place to stay within walking distance to the main shopping and dining areas of town. You can hike just a little further on 5th Ave. to get to the beach. It is also located through an underpass to Tin City. So if you like Florida seafood, it's in a good location. The east facing rooms look out over the bay so the sunrise is beautiful.

Our room was not the greatest. It was on the first floor bayside but the window was right next to the outdoor bar. So it was noisey. Fortunately,it is Florida so everybody goes home to bed around 9. Also, the bar/outdoor restaurant put their trash and recycle bins under our window. Once we looked over the bins we, had a nice view of the bay. The morning buffet breakfast was adequate but bland. We were in town for a "last minute" wedding and it was the "season." Therefore, the hotel was OK and given the right circumstances, if I'm back to Naples, I might give this hotel another try. However, I would request a better room location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
So sorry you were disturbed by the activity on our waterside terrace. Next time you come contact me first and I will arrange for you to have a complementary upgrade to a bay view room. The rooms that view the terrace are very nice but there can be a lot of activity at certain times and you don't get the same view of the bay as you would on level 2 or 3. Our goal is to move your stay from "OK" to "Terrific", so do contact me and come back and try us again. Hope we see you soon!
West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2013

If you are going to Naples then this is the place to stay when you are on a budget. For the money you can't beat the rooms and the view. My wife and I have been coming here since 1989 back when it used to be the Comfort Inn Downtown on The Bay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your nice comments and for being such a loyal guest. Please let me know the next time that you stay with us, I would love to give you a gift certificate for dinner here at the hotel. Hope we see you again soon. general manager@bayfrontinnnaples.com
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I can't imagine someone writing a bad review about this place. Housekeeping was wonderful, front desk was pleasant, clean building, friendly staff everywhere.
Nikki at the front desk was so helpful when asked questions. I did too ask for a room with a view, I was told that was extra. Not that important in my opinion. If you did have a problem I am sure they would do their best to solve it.

Great bar with a good view and entertainment.

The staff at the boat rental place were also great.

I never write reviews, but this hotel was worth it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for being such a support to us! We try really hard to give all of our guests a quality accommodation and an enjoyable stay. It makes us sad when we have even one guest that isnt happy, but for a variety of reasons, sometimes it happens. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will come back and see us! We have just recently opened Bayfront Rentals and so far it has been a huge success. Glad you liked Dustin and Collin, they are doing a great job.
Missouri City, Texas
Reviewed June 4, 2013

First of all, as another reviewer said.. the picture of the hotel is very deceptive. The hotel is the building on the left with the small windows not the beautifully colored multi story buildings you see on the right.
My husband and I checked into the hotel Sunday, May 26th and requested a room with a waterfront view if possible. We were told that there were no rooms available but the hotel would be at 16% occupancy the next day (Memorial Day) and they would be happy to move us for an additional $30 per night. My first thought was "at 16% occupancy wouldn't it be good customer service just to let us have a room without the extra charge?" but it really wasn't an issue so we said we would think about it and went to our room. Our stay was prepaid for a week through our timeshare program and when we got to our room and saw what a small window we had, we quickly realized that it would not be worth the extra $30 for a waterfront view. The next day when no one had showed up to clean our room by 1:00 I called housekeeping and left a message stating such and that we would be out of the room again for a couple of hours. When we returned at 3:00 I left another voice mail for housekeeping that no one had come. That evening as we were leaving for dinner I told the front desk clerk about the situation and was told that housekeeping left at noon. I would think that since only 16% of the rooms were booked they would clean those before leaving at noon!!
We left early the next morning for a 9:30 excursion and again when we returned that afternoon the room was still not cleaned (I guess the 2 messages I left them previous day were unimportant). At that point we decided there was no way we were going to stay in this small roomed, unkempt "Boutique Hotel" for the rest of the week and called the Hilton in Marco Island to make reservations for the rest of our stay. We just grabbed our suitcases and left! Needless to say our vacation expenses doubled paying for 2 hotel rooms but our vacation was improved tremendously!!

Room Tip: I certainly wouldn't pay extra for the water view since there are no balconies or large windows...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kathysco2
-BarryGHiggins, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
I am very sorry that you were disappointed with your stay with us.
It is important for the readers of your review to know is that you reserved your room through a timeshare company. Timeshare rooms are not hotel rooms, they are weekly efficiencies. Your timeshare website does include photos of our rooms and our location. The contract with your timeshare company is for (1) standard room which includes housekeeping (1) time per week at mid week which is Wednesday. This is a very specific arrangement with your timeshare company and unfortunately even if we do have rooms available in the hotel you would still be subject to the required upgrade fee. Im sorry you felt that our photos are misleading and as I stated to a prior reviewer this is not a regular Trip Advisor comment. I wish there was something else that I could say or do for you, but I am very sorry again that you were disappointed. It maybe helpful to you to contact your timeshare company and also review your concerns with a representative. Best wishes in your future travels.