“Great Setting and Convenient Location”

Bayfront Inn 5th Ave
Ranked #31 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We enjoyed our week stay on the property. The setting was beautiful and the staff was very helpful and friendly. We loved the Happy Hour on the terrace overlooking the marina. You can walk to many restaurants and shops with ease and safety. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed. Since we were traveling for several weeks, our stay would have been enhanced if the room had a small refriegerator and microwave. We recommend this hotel without reservation.

Room Tip: Rooms on the marina side may be quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
-BarryGHiggins, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us. We are so happy you found your room comfortable and well appointed, as well as our staff friendly and helpful. We get a lot of nice comments about what a great place our restaurant overlooking the bay is to just sit and relax, we are very glad that you enjoyed happy hour! We actually do have refrigerators and microwaves which are available by request and are free of charge to our guests. The next time you stay with us just let us know and we will be sure to have a refrigerator waiting in your room for you. Thank you for your nice review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

The location of this hotel was perfect except for the fact that disappointingly we were given a room at the front when we had requested a rear room overlooking the river. Staff were very friendly and helpful but the hotel was a little dated with very noisy air conditioning which meant we were not able to sleep with it on.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
-BarryGHiggins, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

We are so glad that you enjoyed our location! The room you reserved was a city view room. We do also offer bay view rooms, but these are a different room type and would need to either be selected at your time of reservation, or upgraded to for a fee, upon check in. Im so glad you found our staff friendly and accommodating. Please try us again and treat yourself to an upgraded room with a view of the bay. If you contact me prior to your next reservation I will arrange for you to receive an upgraded room for a discounted rate. Thank you so much for staying with us. I can be reached at:
generalmanager@bayfrontinnnaples.com

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We have just returned from a 5 day stay in Naples at this hotel. Firstly I must say that the staff were all very friendly, polite and accommodating. We had a problem with the linen on our bed when we checked in and they moved us to another room without any problems. Unfortunately we had a room overlooking the front of the hotel onto the main road and the car park so it was a little noisy and not as nice as the rooms at the back which overlooked the river and were more peaceful. The bed was very comfy and the standard of cleanliness was good but the hotel was rather tired looking. Evening meals and lunches were delicious and we had no complaints there, however, the breakfast buffet was disappointing and frankly boring. I asked for 'oatmeal' (porridge) and was told there wasn't any. For several days I had granola but then one day they didn't have it. The bread was of a very manufactured nature and I think there could have been a nicer choice and variety of breads etc. Overall the nicest thing about the hotel was the location for convenience and the views from the bar/restaurant terrace. Finally, the air conditioning units were old and noisy so we could not have it on at night.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
-BarryGHiggins, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for your review. Im so glad you found our staff friendly, polite, and accommodating. I do wish you had upgraded your room from a city view room to a bay view room, its just a small up charge but the view of the bay is so nice. We are located right in The City Of Naples so while one side of the hotel faces the city with all its hustle and bustle, the other side of the hotel faces beautiful Naples Bay, which is really quite serene. Im very happy that you enjoyed your meals in our restaurant. We do offer oatmeal in our restaurant, I'm very sorry that your server did not offer this to you. Im sorry you felt the breakfast buffet was boring. Our breakfast buffet is $10.95 and we offer: scrambled eggs, eggs Benedict, sausage, bacon, breakfast potatoes, biscuits with sausage gravy, smoked salmon, fresh mozzarella with basil and vine ripe tomatoes, fresh cut seasonal fruit, yogurt, granola cereal, bagels, an assortment of fresh baked goods, made to order belgian waffles, Illy coffee, and fresh squeezed orange juice. I say this out of fairness to the hotel as well as the Trip Advisor readers, because sometimes the term 'boring" can be misinterpreted, but I am very sorry there was not enough variety for your tastes. The sound levels of your in room AC is a quality control item which is checked daily by your housekeeper. Almost all of our in room AC units are brand new, I'm so sorry you were disturbed by this. It would help me very much if you would email me your name and the date of your stay so that I can follow up with our head of housekeeping regarding this. Thank you so much for staying with us. I can be reached at: generalmanager@bayfrontinnnaples.com

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed two nights at the Bayfront and was impressed with the competence and friendliness of the front desk and breakfast staff. Beautiful view of the marina! Enjoyed the buffet breakfast, however, they didn't have decaffinated coffee. Pool was private and clean and the path to Tin City by the water was a nice surprise. The decor reminds me of "old Europe" hotels. Addition of color would enhance it's look. All in all, a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Water view
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
-BarryGHiggins, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us. Im so happy that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff competent and friendly. Im also happy that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet but am very sorry that we ran out of decaffeinated coffee. We love our underpass along the water to Tin City and are glad you liked it too. Thank you for your suggestion of adding more color to our decor we are in the planning stages of our summer renovations and I will certainly be looking very closely at this. Thank you for your review and please come and stay with us again.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We enjoyed a two-night stay at this hotel for a short break in Naples. it is easy to find being on US41 and a 10 minute walk to 5th Ave which is the main shopping and eating street in town. Our room was at the back (we could have paid extra for a water view, like anywhere) so not much of a view but for the amount of time we spent in the room, it really didnt matter. The room itself was a good size and very comfortable with a big bed. There is a pleasant bar overlooking the lagoon. Overall this was a good find and we thought it excellent value for money.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your nice review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Im glad you enjoyed the convenience of being just a short walk to downtown, and also the views from our waterside terrace and bar. Please come and stay with us again on your next trip to Naples!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

The location is perfect at 5'th Avenue in Naples. But the hotel really needs a refurbisment. It is a tired hotel...
Buffet breakfast is fine and cheap. There is free WiFi, but it is also tired and not functioning all the time. Free parking. Ask for a room faycing the bay.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
-BarryGHiggins, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Thank you for your review.We are so glad you enjoyed our location! Most hotels renovate every 5-7 years. We are on year 5 and have our next renovation scheduled for this coming summer. That being said the term "tired" when used seems to be somewhat of a personal issue, as we are also receiving comments of "modern" and "updated". In regards to our WIFI, it is actually less than two years old and covers our entire property including our pool area and even marina. I am not aware of any issues being reported with our WIFI, however I am very sorry that you were disappointed. Thank you for staying with us and perhaps you will be happier if you give us a try after our renovation.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed at the Bayfront Inn for 2 nights over Martin Luther King weekend. The room was very nice, clean and pretty modern - we enjoyed it. It pretty much ends here... The first night, I went down to the hotel bar, which was very nice, for a beer. The bartender ignored me for about 10 minutes before one of the busboys alerted him to my presence. He then served me. The next night we back to the hotel bar after dinner - it was about 8:30 pm. Same bartender let me know that this was the last call and he was closing with a surly attitude and i believe Russian Accent. There were about 12-14 other customers at the bar in a beautiful night in Naples - poor customer service here... aren't u in the hospitality business. Also, the next day I needed to print my boarding airplane boarding passes in the hotel lobby. The hotel charged one dollar for each printed page - outrageous and shameful !!!! Lastly, every time I went to the hotel lobby, i observed what appeared to be real estate transactions being discussed between different brokers and customers. It made for unpleasant environment.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very glad that you enjoyed your room, but very sad that you did not feel welcomed by the bartender. It would be very helpful to me if you would contact me at generalmanager@bayfrontinnnaples.com so that I may get some greater detail on your experience at our restaurant....I am so sorry that you were treated this way. In regards to being charged for small extras, you will be happy to hear that we no longer charge to make copies for our guests. We have many guests who come to stay with us because they are interested in purchasing a home in Naples. This could occasionally mean (it is very rare) that you may see guests meeting with a realtor and even signing papers in our lobby area. Im sorry that you felt this made for an unpleasant environment but as mentioned before, it is a legitimate need to some of our guests staying with us and is also a fairly rare occurrence. Please do contact me back, we value our Trip Advisor guest feedback so much and your response will help me in making needed changes.