“Good hotel - give it a try”

Bayfront Inn 5th Ave
Ranked #32 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Chicago, IL
“Good hotel - give it a try”
Reviewed March 6, 2008

I booked this hotel several months ago based on good reviews here on TripAdvisor. Shortly before we went I checked back and saw that more current reviews were negative. We had a very good experience and don't understand the negative comments.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool is small, but it was warm and clean and there were always available lounge chairs. The location is great, about two blocks away from the great shops and restaurants along 5th Avenue.

We had a room overlooking the bay. I estimate the size at 13 feet by 26 or 27 feet. It had a big sliding window, a great king size bed (very comfortable), a desk with chair, a sofa, a good size dresser with a big flat screen TV. The closet was very small; if you need to hang more than about a dozen things you will have a problem. The bathroom was also small with a big shower but no tub (which I think is common in Florida), but nicely finished.

Since we were there in high season, we paid $250 per night. This would be too much money for this hotel outside of high season, but appropriate for late February/early January.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — wireless internet free in lobby only. In-room internet (cord) costs $10/day.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chicagofan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Michigan
Reviewed March 4, 2008

I stayed at this location several years ago when it was a Comfort Inn. It was better then.

My wife booked it this time, I did not know it was the former Comfort Inn when she did, realized it when we arrived.

This place is the pits, room was not clean, could not open window as it was broke.

Halls were dirty, trash was left for two days on fourth floor by elevator.

Ice machine on fourth floor did not work, I spoke to desk two times, first time the clerk just looked at me and told me to go to 2nd floor.

Next day spoke with another clerk, they confided in me that it have been brok for some time.

We eat just one morning at the so called breakfast buffett, that you have to pay for. The plates ( there were 10 ot them) in a stack were all dirty. I spoke to the attendant that was overseeing the buffett, he took a dirty towel he was using to clean the tables and wiped each one off with it.

The elevators are a law suit waiting to happen. Both have expired inspections, ( 8-2007) was the date on both. The doors start to close very slowly then the last two feet slam shut, an older person would be knocked down by the way they close.

I would never recommend this location to anyone.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — dirty
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank Richie M
Huntingdon Valley, Pa.
Reviewed February 23, 2008

I booked this hotel based on the reviews I read on Trip Advisor. Overall, I was somewhat disappointed.
My husband and I loved Naples and look forward to returning. However, we probably would not stay at the Bayfront Inn again.
We booked a room facing the bay and I was looking forward to sitting on the balcony and looking at the water. Unfortunately this hotel has no balconies. The hotel claims that it underwent a complete renovation in 2006. Yet, the hallways, the elevators and lobby look dated. Our room was clean but nothing special. The hotel is situated on a very busy road and is close to the somewhat busy Naples Municipal airport.
On the plus side the hotel is affordable (we paid about $170.00 per night) and is within walking distance to 5th Avenue and the beach.

• Liked — Proximity to 5th Avenue and the beach
  • Disliked — No balcony in waterfront room; Decor in hallways and lobby need updating
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CathyMPennsylvania
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed February 21, 2008

My husband and I went to Naples for a relaxing mini-vacation/long weekend and had decided on the Bayfront Inn on Fifth because of their proximity to downtown and nightly price. While rated a 3* hotel, I definitely think that classification was a bit inflated. When checking out the hotel the morning of our check in, we were totally disappointed by its appearance on initial visit. If you ride the elevator you learn something, the Bayfront 'Inn' is a Comfort Inn as reported on the license posted. My husband and I would not have booked a Comfort Inn, and this one seemed to have simply been painted to look otherwise (and the paint was chipping I might add). We decided we would cancel, but the hotel guest services wouldn't let us, even though it was barely 11AM the day of our check in. They informed us they had a 48 hour policy for cancellation and would charge us regardless. This policy was printed nowhere on their online reservation confirmation page and despite our efforts they wouldn’t budge. We were appalled! The LaQuinta only a block away is a much better place to stay, well taken care of, totally new with courteous staff and a 6PM same day cancellation policy! Don't stay at Bayfront unless all you are looking to pay for is a mediocre water view that you can get just about anywhere in Naples within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kitty39393
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed February 18, 2008

Stayed there four nights. Internet access promised at room, which
was one of my main reasons to pick this one up.
Laptop couldnt access net, made complaint to staff, nobody could care less. They said " maybe you come down to the lobby with your laptop, if it works here better ! ".....Not what i would have expected. Room cost was almost 240 $ , and they couldnt fix net for whole time being there.
A/c was noisy, and if you wanted to keep windows open, no air coming inside the room, maybe bad ventilation....
I wont stay there anymore.

Philadelphia
Reviewed February 13, 2008

Just returned from a quick 2 night business trip to the Bayfront Inn. Nice hotel...furnishings are nice, clean and location is good. Restaurants and shops within a 5 block walk. Even walked to the beach one day (didn't realize we were that close)...about a mile. However, the staff needs some customer service training. Not one employee that I encountered was pleasant. The front desk clerk upon check-in never told me about the hotel even when I told him this was my first visit. And throughout my 2 day stay, the front desk staff never seemed happy. Just doing their job...

Had lunch at the terrace restaurant. Wouldn't recommend. I was with a party of 3 and we were the only people there. We ordered a salad, and 2 wraps. It took 40 minutes to get the food. There was a mix-up with the bill and the waitress was quite nasty to us.

Bottom line -- I would stay here again. Good location, a little overpriced I thought, however.

Boston, MA
Reviewed February 9, 2008

Just got back from staying there from 2/3 to 2/5.
I selected the place because of the reviews that I read here.
And because they claim to be "Naples' Only Downtown Waterfront Boutique Hotel."
After being there, I wish I would have stayed at another place.
- the location is OK. While it is close to Fifth Ave, there are better hotels to stay in.
- there are busy streets around the hotel. The water views OK.
- the staff are middle-level - they just working there, nod hello.
- the common areas look tired, scuffed doors, slow elevators, handwritten stuff
- the rooms and furnishings are decent, I will give them that.
But it is certainly not a Boutique Hotel.
There is nothing Boutique Hotel about it.

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — The the location and the fact that it needed an update.