“The best surprise!”

Bayfront Inn 5th Ave
Ranked #32 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We were planning a trip to Naples, Fl for the first time in March and started looking for hotels to stay at. We found a hotel downtown near 5th ave and were in the process off booking a room when our son came in to see us. He looked at this hotel and read the reviews and said we could do better. He looked for other places with a higher rating (at least 31/2 star). Several were over $300.00 a night! He came across the BAYFRONT INN. We looked at the location and it was perfect. Our son called and talked to them about our first stay in Naples for 4 days. They were great on the phone! When all was said and done we had a room for less than the 3 star hotel we were going to book!
Now here is the best part. When we arrived and checked in, we found our room to be spacious, beautifully decorated and with the best view of the bay! The people were warm and friendly and our stay was a great experience. I would recomment The Bayfront Inn to anyone who was looking for the best of both worlds.....

Room Tip: The rooms facing the bay get the morning sun but I think any room would be nice.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I stayed here one night and was in town for business. The hotel is located on a small marina and walking distance to 5th ave shops and restaurants. The dated rooms were kind of cool and would make for a good vacation hotel. The outdoor bar was a nice place to unwind with friendly staff. They have a very strict late checkout policy...i.e., there are no late checkouts, which would keep me from coming back if I had to be in town later than noon. Overall a nice spot.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on the marina only 1 night. The rooms are ok. I paid for a sleep number bed that didn't work. The bathrooms are remodelled but small! The view from our room was very nice. It faced the marina. If you are a light sleeper like me this hotel is not for you. It is on top of the busy street and heard the traffic all night long. We also could hear the people next door's T.V. around 1am, so I'm guessing the walls are pretty thin. This is an older hotel that has been remodelled. We really did not use any of the other facilities at this hotel.
TIP: buy the bottled water at the front desk store rather than from the room,much,much cheaper!

1  Thank M R
Bahigg, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Thank you for your review. A guests perception of size, as well as noise levels will generally have more to do with the guests personal preferances and customs than particular issues with the hotel property itself. We have guests that review us as having plenty of room and guests that will review us as small. In regards to noise levels we are located in the heart of downtown Naples, if you come from the country, or even if you are a light sleeper you may hear sounds of the city that you are not accustomed to, but we also have guests who review us as quiet and peaceful. We have found that perception of size as well as sound levels within the hotel vary from guest to guest depending on what those guests individual preferences are, or what they are accustomed to. We are so grateful that you gave us a try, sorry we werent exactly what you were looking for.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is a lovely small hotel with beautiful rooms, great beds and lots of room.
The staff was so friendly and accomodating!
It's location is perfect for shopping in downtown Naples..Just a short walk to all the shops, etc.
The restaurant and bar in the hotel had good food and lovely view of the water.
I would recommend this to my friends.

Room Tip: Make sure you are getting a comfortable bed!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I'm a little confused by some of the other reviews, or perhaps I was just very lucky. I found the hotel to be a nice little hotel at the end of Fifth Ave, close enough to the action without paying the high price of the Inn on Fifth. We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel and found the room to be absolutely beautiful. The room wasn't the largest I've ever stayed in, but certainly big enough. Trust me, I am a bit of a "hotel snob" (worked for the airlines for 15 years and stayed in beautiful hotels all around the world) and would know a shabby room if I saw it. My room was beautifully decorated in a classy manner with a mediterranean flair. The beds were awesome - and I found the room to be quiet, even though we faced Naples Bay. The bathroom was nice and the water pressure for the shower pretty good. The closet was a bit tight though if you were planning on staying for more than a long weekend, but there was sufficient drawer space.The room had a large flat screen TV, inroom safe, etc.. There was parking in front and in rear (under cover in case it rained) which was free. My room had a lovely view overlooking Naples Bay. (We we had no grids (?) on the window - not sure what the other reviewer meant by that), I suppose you get what you pay for and we reserved the Luxury Bay View room. I stayed there for the New Year's Eve weekend and all the lights in the little piazza outside of the hotel was just beautiful. There are restaurants right out your door, along with the bay and the water taxis, etc. I stayed there with my girlfriend and the only thing I would say that I wasn't crazy about was the walk back from the main drag at night as it is a bit dark and lonely at night, but it was too close to where the action is to bother taking the car. I enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Judging from some other reviews, I would probably avoid the standard room and make sure you book the...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nygarmento
Reviewed March 21, 2012

This is an affordable hotel on the Naples Bay, but the rooms are terribly small and dated. The air conditioner was loud and the room temperature was inconsistent. I would suggest that if you have "view rooms," you don't put grids in the windows and you might even want to wash them some time. Our Bay View room was at the end and was actually a "cement walkway" view. This hotel was very noisy from the hotel's bar which was outside. Lots of Kingdom of God reading materials just in case you didn't bring a book.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room, I would suggest NOT being on the Bay View. Save the money and take a cit...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank FrogDogGirl
Bahigg, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

As I stated to the previous reviewer not every hotel is a perfect fit for every guest. I noticed that you had 17 other reviews 4 of which were for hotels. It looked like the only hotel that you were really happy with was The Ritz Carlton, which is a five star hotel. The Bayfront Inn is a very quaint, warm and friendly, three and a half star hotel. We are located on Naples Bay and also right in the heart of beautiful downtown Naples. Our rooms are very clean and current and our decor throughout the hotel is Caribbean chic. Again as stated previously we are in the process of replacing all of our in room air conditioners, but I think most of your comments had more to do with your personal preferences, than actual issues with the hotel. In regards to your view and being able to hear sound from the bar this had to do with your selection of room type and that you booked a room with a discounted rate. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us but we are very proud of our hotel and feel that we compete extremely well within our catagory and rating. Unfortunatly in this case we were just not the right hotel choice for you. Thank you so much for staying with us.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Hotel is a bit dated and almost claustrophobic. pretty view out the back if you have a rear view. rooms however are on the darker side. A/C didn't work very well so opened the window,then couldn't get the window to close. In need of some good maintenance .

Room Tip: rear with water view.
1  Thank chingha63
Bahigg, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2012

So sorry you were not happy with your stay with us. Based on your types of comments I would say that we are probably just not the right hotel choice for your personal preferences. Im very sorry that you had a maintenance issue in your room. I see that as compensation you were upgraded from a city view room to a luxury bay view room, Im glad you thought this view was nice. Best wishes and thank you for staying with us.