“Great Location”

Bayfront Inn 5th Ave
Ranked #32 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed March 15, 2012

The Bayfront Inn on 5th Ave was a very comfortable hotel. The location was just perfect if you plan on shopping or eating on 5th Ave. It is just a short 2 block walk to the shops and restaurants, and about a 20 minute walk to Naples Beach. The view from a Bay side is incredible.

The hotel room was both clean and very comfortable although a bit on the small side. The bathroom was somewhat small and difficult to maneuver with 2 people in it at one time. The view from the Bay Side is great!! It was fun to watch the boats entering and leaving the harbor. One thing I can say that was probably the most important to me was how QUIET the room was. We never heard a sound all night long. Even in the morning when people were getting up and going to breakfast we couldn’t hear a sound. One area that we had some difficulties with was the free wi-fi. It didn’t work in our room with our i-pads, but the signal was strong enough at the restaurant and in the lobby.

The little restaurant on the Bay has a pretty good breakfast buffet. Again it was fun to watch the boats getting ready for their day’s departures early in the morning.

Now for the reason I could not give this hotel a 5-star rating. It all started in the winter of 2011 when I had to cancel a reservation due to 2 feet of snow on the ground in Massachusetts. All flights were canceled for 1 week and we were unable to get out of the north. With some good persuasion I was able to get a credit for the room from the reservations manager. When I called the hotel to speak to that person I was told he no longer worked there and my call was sent to the new reservations manager. As soon as I told him I wanted to reserve a room with my credit he immediately said all credits had expired without even listening to anything I had to say. After about a half hour phone call, that to say the least was not pleasant. I had to make a threat of a bad review before he was willing to take my case under consideration. The next morning I was called, and he not only honored my credit, but he upgraded our room to a Bay Side View.

In closing I would just like to say all the hard work paid off and I would highly recommend this hotel to stay at in Naples, Florida. I would also like to thank Nicholas the Reservations Manager for honoring the credit. We totally enjoyed staying at the hotel and you were right the view was incredible.

Room Tip: Stay on the Bay Side
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Bahigg, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2012

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us but...I am really disappointed in the poor customer service that you recieved when you tried to redeem your room credit. First, our room credits do not expire, second a person shouldnt need to be threatened with consequence to make them do what is right. Please accept my appologies for how this was handled. The reservations manager who you are speaking of is no longer with our hotel. I am so sorry, thank you for the for the kind, and discrete way that you have chosen to handle a situation that should never have happened. We will look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Great combination of facilities, location (3 blocks from downtown), price. Back patio has beautiful view of harbor and wonderful setting for breakfast or evening cocktails.

Room Tip: Bay view worth the price
1  Thank 26Cruiser26
Reviewed March 7, 2012

We stayed here during the February school break (Feb 19-22nd) with our 2 children, ages 6 and 9. The Bayfront was in an outstanding location - just steps away from 3 choices of restaurants (sports bar (family friendly), steakhouse, Hawaiian cuisine - all great places to eat. The hotel itself was very nice - no real disappointments. If you are planning to stay in the room a great deal, I recommend a bayview room and the understanding that the rooms are on the small side (for a family of 4). The hotel is also located right across the street from a number of shops and restaurants. If you plan on checking out the shopping district of Naples, I highly recommend this hotel. It was a 10 minute drive (due to traffic) to Marco Island.

Room Tip: Bayview rooms! The view is awesome!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We came to to Naples, without a hotel booking. We were looking for somewhere to stay within walking distance of the town centre. There were three choices that we looked at and eventually chose the Bayfront.

A simple but comfortable hotel, with a somewhat Caribbean decor. The location was excellent, being on the water and close to the town centre. The room was spacious with a view over the water. Facilities in the room were excellent. Service was efficient and cheerful. We enjoyed the informal atmosphere of the hotel. Excellent value!!!

When we come back to Naples, we will certainly stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the water
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2012

The Bayfront hotel is right on a lovely marina, which the restaurant overlooks. We ate breakfast there, which is to be recommended.We had a room on the city side and, although it was on the main road we did not suffer from undue traffic noise. The room and it's facilities were fine and the excellent room keeping staff kept it clean.Car parking is right out front. There is then direct lift access to all floors.Free internet is available in a room next to the check-in desk. There is also wi-fi.The Bayfront is in an excellent position for access to the lovely city of Naples being just a few blocks walk. Should you want to go on a Naples city trolley tour, this stops right outside the hotel.

Room Tip: Maybe the rooms over looking the bay are quieter although there are a fair number of flights coming...
Reviewed March 3, 2012

The hotel speaks for itself. It sits on the water overlooking a very nice marina and downtown (sort of) area with shops and restaurants.

The staff at the hotel could not be any nicer!

The accomodations (our room) is very large and comfortable.

Walking to the real downtown is just 3 blocks away, so it's easy to walk in, eat, drink and avoid the problems associated with driving .. you know!

I have stayed here before and will stay here again, you should too!

Room Tip: Try to get on the water.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2012

The Bayfront Inn in Naples was a surprising find. The view is wonderful. The rooms are roomy and clean and the front desk was great. Vincente provided concierge quality treatment in booking dinner, fixing small problems and being both pleasant and helpful. The pool is nice, and private but a bit noisy from its proximity to the road. It is across the street from Tin City sites and a nice walk to both 5th and 3rd shops. The water taxi stops at the hotel and is a nice ride to bay restaurants and hotels. A good value.

Room Tip: Choose bay view.