“Luxurious Feel, Lousy Windows & Questionable Service”

Bayfront Inn 5th Ave
Ranked #31 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed January 6, 2012

The hotel is very nicely appointed and the room we had on a top floor, bayview, was very good. I would say excellent except for two issues.

The first being that the windows are very dated and paper thin so that even w/ a bayview, the street traffic and outdoor noises were heard all night long. The hotel should immediately upgrade the windows to soundproof the rooms which would raise the level of the room to excellent (particularly since the bed was extremely comfortable w/ a great mattress). We specifically stayed (and paid extra) for the top floor w/ a bayview room to hopefully have a quiet room

The second issue I believe was due to the high wind on the night we stayed at the hotel. The ceiling fan in the bathroom made a noise like a leaking faucet all night long which we muffled by closing the bathroom door and putting a towel in the crack at the bottom of the door during the night.

Interesting occurrence on the night we stayed, we returned from dinner to find policemen in the process of interviewing an intoxicated couple in the hallway that were staying in a room just a few rooms away from us where they apparenently caused some room damage. Eventually, after over an hour of this in the hallway which we could hear very easily through our closed door, and after being joined by hotel management, the couple were forced to vacate the hotel.

One final note, while my wife showered in the morning, I went to the lobby area to check out the breakfast and coffee situation. I was immediately ordered (gestapo like) by a hotel staffwoman working the kithenette area on 1/3/12 that I was not allowed to view the coffee/breakfast area but could only look at the menu. I promptly thanked her and told her that we would be going elsewhere for coffee and breakfast. Too bad that she had to be so rude which is why I give them an average rating on service (all it takes is one staffmember to have an effect). She was the only exception to otherwise great service by all staffmembers.

Room Tip: Ask if they have upgraded the windows in any room for soundproofing.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Bahigg, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2012

Thank you so much for your nice review! Being located directly on Naples Bay but also in downtown Naples has its advantages and sometimes disadvantages. I am very sorry that you were disturbed by the "sounds of the city". This usually affects people in different ways depending on where they are from and the noise level they are accustomed too. We love the fact that our hotel is located right on The Bay, but is at the sametime within walking distance to all of the shopping, food, and entetainment of downtown Naples. Its unusual that you were disturbed in a Bayview room on the fouth floor?? These rooms do not face the city and I cant ever remember any guest telling me that they were disturbed by the "sounds of the city" while staying in one of these rooms. Regardless I am very sorry and I will review our options for replacement windows durring our next remodel. Sorry again that you were disturbed by the wind. Your exhaust fan does vent to the outdoors so I am sure that durring extremely high winds (which is unusual) that you may have been able to hear some of the wind through your vent. Please forgive us on behalf of the guest who caused a disturbance durring your stay. Unfortunately, this is something that occurs in every hotel and there is no easy way to handle it. The best we can do is allow the police to resolve the situation according to their proceedure. In regards to guests being disturbed we will always do whatever it takes to make the affected guests completely happy with their stay. Our cafe is not self service and because of public health reasons our guests are not permitted in the service area. I am sorry the server on duty did not make you feel welcome, I will certainly speak with her regarding this. I certainly hope you will be willing to overlook the shortcomings of your stay and give us another opportunity to serve you. Please contact me personally prior to your next reservation so that I may provide to you preferred pricing options as well as a credit towards dining at the hotel. I thank you again for your nice review of our hotel.

There are newer reviews for Bayfront Inn 5th Ave

Reviewed January 5, 2012

I really enjoyed this hotel. It has a European feel to it. Rooms were beautifully furnished. Pool was warm. Staff were friendly. I liked the location too because we were able to walk via pedestrian tunnel over to the restaurants ad shops in Tin City.

Room Tip: Bay view is nice while the opposite side faces traffic.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I'm writing on behalf of my 83 year old aunt who decided to take a trip by herself out to Naples for the Christmas holiday. She was originally supposed to spend 3 days there but when I spoke to her by phone she was so elated with the experience that she extended her stay by another 2 days. She said the service was impeccable. The manager even drove her into town to buy a phone card. She ordered a Mai Tai on her first visit to the bar and was greeted with one every time she went back. She said the room was super clean and every one of the staff members made the experience unforgettable. Tours of the area every day added to the richness of her experience there. She'll be back!

Reviewed December 30, 2011

Location to downtown was good. Keep in mind if you like to sleep with the window open the traffic noise may be disturbing depending on the room location. Staff friendly, rooms clean, comfortable and good size. Elevator was very slow, not sure how convienent stairs were as a backup. Offered covered parking and shops/resturants nearby. Price reasonable. I would consider staying here again if I was looking to stay downtown.

Room Tip: Try not to stay in room close to main road, may be worth the upgrade and price to stay toward bay
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Everytime I visit Naples, FL I stay at the Bayfront Inn on Fifth. It's like paradise. The rooms are always so clean and the customer service exceeds my expectation everytime.

Room Tip: Penthouse is a must. From size to view.
Reviewed December 8, 2011

My business takes me to Naples one to two times a month and I always stay at the Bayfront. I find the the rooms comfortable and the staff extremely helpful and accomodating. I was happy to learn that Nicolas was recently and deservingly promoted to desk manager. I have found him to always go out of his way to make my stay comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank XYZ1211
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I took a trip to Naples with my Wife and Son and my Wife wanted to stay as close as possible to 5th Ave shopping and dining, as well as near the Beach. My love of boating had me drawn to the Marina area that is just outside of the Bayfront Inn 5th Ave so we chose to stay there. The Hotel was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. We loved the Bar area that overlooks the Marina as well as the fact that this location was mere blocks from all we needed to enjoy our visit. Their rates were quite affordable considering the amenities, location and upscale decor. My Wife and I plan to return to frequently and I don't see any reason to stay anywhere else other than this hotel which we had a great experience with. I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room overlooking the Marina.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family