“No HD TV”

Bayfront Inn 5th Ave
Ranked #32 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed November 21, 2007

While the decor of the room was very nice, we had booked at this hotel because it offered HD tv. However, only the set is HD--there were no HD channels or movies. When I brought this to the attention of the staff the first night, I was met with lack of knowledge and even some attitude that it was ME who did not know what I was talking about. The next morning another front desk person was more helpful and honest that HD was not available after checking with the third party provider. I could live without HD--but I was frustrated not only with false advertising, but also with the response from the staff. Likewise, the serving staff at the restaurant were not very friendly or prompt. I may give them another try as the room and location both were very nice, but I would proceed with caution.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Singlem0mTraveler

Reviewed October 25, 2007

Read the reviews before visiting the hotel and was concerned about noise from the city view rooms. I did end up taking one of these rooms and felt the noise was not an issue. The room was very clean, the bed and pillows were extremely comfortable and the desk personnel were helpful. The room was small if there were more than two but as I traveled on business it was perfect and the rate was very reasonable considering the luxurious amenities. Had no problems with this property.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank SLPgirl
Reviewed September 23, 2007

I stayed at the Bayfront Inn February 2007 for 4 nights. The location
for downtown Naples is excellent, but It’s not a quiet location. We had a room facing the street and the very busy intersection – it was SO noisy. The rooms facing the street could really benefit from some sound-proofing. I had to sleep with earplugs! The room itself was beautiful decorated, and the bed was so comfy! The buffet breakfast is not really worth spending money on, it was very limited and run out very quickly and was not refilled. Staff could have been a bit more attentive, but they were preoccupied by a wedding-party, and did not have time for the “normal” guests.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Hboe
Reviewed September 13, 2007

I've been going to Naples for family get togethers for a long time and stayed at other locations. Now going as a 2 day stop for our honeymoon, we decided to choose a different place. This was the best! It is right next to Joes Crab Shack, across from Tin City and maybe a street light away from Downtown Naples. The rooms are totally renovated and real clean! I am very picky about hotels and I had no problem staying here. It is right on the water and in a new construction neighborhood. We would love to go back even if it's just a quick weekend. It was one of the best place we stayed in comparison to other 10 hotels some 5+ stars.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 84chevelle
Reviewed July 25, 2007

What a pleasurable stay. Lovely decor and clean as a whistle. Very comfortable bed. A very well appointed boutique hotel convenient to everything. And the staff was so helpful. We will keep this in the favorites file. DCCarolyne

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pegducar
Reviewed July 9, 2007

Stayed at this hotel following reviews on Trip Advisor. The hotel itself is okay but the location is terrible. Wtih a VERY busy intersection on one side and a small airport with light aircraft taking off every few minutes on the other, inadequate a/c and staff who look even more depressed that their guests we stayed only one night and checked out early the next day even though we had booked 5 nights. The worst hotel ever. The pool filtration system was broken but they allowed people to swim. I got an eye infection and was left with red (yes RED) eyes for three days. If you can sleep with noise then this is the hotel for you. If you are looking for a little rest and relaxation do not go near this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank gmhawthorn
Reviewed July 1, 2007

We stayed at the Bayfront Inn on Fifth June 29 - Jul 1, 2007. The room itself and the bathroom were exquisitely clean and nicely appointed. I enjoyed the fact that there was a small fridge in addition to the mini-bar fridge. We stayed on the 4th floor deluxe, bay view room which was really nice, though we were at the end near the road (room 427), and were able to hear noise from the street (cars, sirens and such). Note: rooms are somewhat on the small side and bathrooms are definitely small but very nicely done/new and as I said before, extremeley clean. Beds were very, very comfortable! The toiletries were awesome (Tarocco which I had never heard of) and with the upgraded room we got really nice spa robes and fabulous, plush towels (and plenty of them). There is only a shower, but it's large and the upgraded rooms have body jets in the showers also which are nice. The television was huge but I wish it had a sleep timer...if it did I was unable to ever find it or figure out how to use it. The hotel lobby was very nicely done with marble and travertine and Tommy Bahama-style furniture. The outside bar area was also nice but I must say that those metal chairs are not comfortable in the least and there is no way you can possibly sit on one in shorts if it is outside in the sun...ouch! A cushion would go far in sorting out this problem. Or you could ask for a beach towel at the front desk and sit on that I guess. Towels are complimentary at the front desk, but during our stay the pool pump was broken and the pool was positively nasty. I'm sure that will be fixed but they probably should have closed the pool altogether until the problem was solved. There is a lot of street noise at the pool as you are literally right next to the road. We ate at the hotel both days for breakfast and lunch and the food was really good both days. The breakfast buffet offers a good selection of cereals, mini muffins, fresh fruit (both cut and whole), breads (mini croissants, bagels, white, wheat and rye bread to toast), belgian waffles (you make your own on a waffle iron), eggs, bacon, sausage and potatoes, oatmeal (instant) and yogurt as well as coffee, tea, juices, etc. My friend said the coffee was not that great and did not like the fact that although there were flavored creamers on offer, if you wanted regular cream there was only reduced fat milk or powdered cremora. For lunch we had the Waldorf Chicken Salad one day and the quesadillas the next day - both were really good. Happy hour in the afternoons offered a simple selection of (free) chicken wings and celery, but they were actually pretty tasty. They advertised cookies and tea in the lobby at 3:00 but we were never down there at the right time to catch that. We got the Make a Memory package and it was quite a good value for the money and included breakfast for two both days, a sunset cruise for two, $60 credit at the restaurant and a welcome gift bag which had water, chocolates, and suntan lotion. The staff was friendly and attentive with the exception of not dealing with the pool issue in what I considered a pro-active way. The hotel is located at the end of 5th Avenue and within walking distance of 5th avenue shopping (bring lots of money). There are many, many options when it comes to dining - the most difficult thing will be in making up your mind as to where to go! I would definitely recommend this hotel and am planning to go back in August for another trip.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends