“uncomfortable inn”

Comfort Inn and Executive Suites
Ranked #39 of 59 Hotels in Naples
MN
Reviewed February 24, 2006

We stayed here for a week in Feb. From the outside, it looked pretty good, newly painted and roof retinned. The hallways to the rooms, and the carpet in the rooms have lots of stains on them. The biggest disappointment was the hot tub/pool. The hot tub was covered with foam and there was grime stuck to the tiles on the side of the hot tub. The pool is not a heated pool. So, during the winter months it is quite cool to be in.

• Stayed: February 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed February 19, 2006

We stayed here in February 2005 and found it to be clean, well-kept, and conveniently located, so we decided to stay again this year. Unfortunately, the property seems to have gone "downhill" since our last visit. There are some good points -- the room was large and laid out well. I especially liked the refrigerator/wet bar area. The continental breakfast is above average with lots of options, and although the hotel doesn't have a restaurant, there is a Cracker Barrel and a Waffle House within easy walking distance.
The "down side" -- the room was very "worn" looking. The walls were dirty, the carpet was very thin in some spots and not attached well. The refrigerator in the room wasn't working well (it didn't seem very cold and there was no control to adjust it), and the shelves on the refrigerator door were not usable. I asked to be moved to another room, but was told there wasn't one available. They did say they would send Maintenance to our room to fix the refrigerator. This didn't happen, and after two days of asking again and again, I finally gave up. On our third day, Housekeeping didn't leave any soap. When I called the front desk, I was told I would have to come down there to get some. The fourth day, Housekeeping didn't leave any clean towels. I was again told I needed to come to the front desk and get my own if I wanted some. The elevators (there is no stairwell access to the rooms - you must take the elevator)were noisy and shaky. When I looked at the elevator inspection permit, I saw that it expired in August of 2005 - six months ago!
I can't say it was the worst hotel I've ever seen, and it certainly has some good points, but I don't think I want to stay here again. Who knows how much it will deteriorate in the next year?

• Stayed: February 2006
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed January 21, 2006

After reading both pro and con reviews, we decided to give it a chance. After all, we've had very positive times at other Comfort Inns. Well, we weren't wrong. Disregard the negatives. It's clean, the staff is very friendly and the breakfast was definitely above the usual continental breakfast. Our only complaint-the toilet whistled when flushed; we could live with that. So, if you want an economical place to stay, this is the place. When we come back to Naples, we definitely would stay here.

PS They don't tell you this, but at breakfast, DO NOT put the hardboiled eggs in the microwave. Today, we saw two "explosions" of the eggs all over!

• Stayed: January 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 5, 2005

They were busy with a big restoration during our stay. That was a pity. And the fridge made a lot of noise, also in the night!

But the room was very, very clean and big. There was a friendly staff and a great continental breakfast!

There is also an elevator.

We got a good price, because we used a coupon. We stayed here for one night.

• Stayed: May 2005
2  Thank Corretje71
Reviewed June 21, 2005

For those who claim this hotel is an "absolute nightmare", you need to get out more. I've been in some really seedy hotels through out this great country; this one really wasn't too bad. The biggest problem is that the first two floors smelled like smoke; so what--leave your A/C on, it'll go away. (Or, ask for the third or fourth floors). I purchased property while in Naples and I could honestly say the front desk employees were wonderful. At one point I considered them my personal secretaries. They forwarded every message and delivered ever fax to me; they were very thoughtful and conscientous--thank you all so much. The bar was disappointing. The bartender was miserable and lifeless and he always closed early. Oh, did I mention that I booked my room on Priceline for $36/night!!

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled on business
1  Thank 7,525
New York
Reviewed April 17, 2005

I stayed at this hotel and had nothing but problems. My Fiance left a couple of things in the bathroom and when we called just after we checked out, house keeping couldnt help us. I called and spoke to their GM, a Brad J. Yahner. Mr. Yahner was not only absolutely useless, but impolite and had no customer service skills. I asked him to go look and he said he would go the following day. I asked why he wouldnt go now and he said he was only willing to go the following day.

I asked to speak to the owner of the hotel and Mr. Yahner would not publicize to me who that was and only referred me to call -----, the coporate company. --------- tried to help but because this is a local franchise they can not do anything about it.

I highly recommend never staying here until Mr. Yahner no longer works for this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2005, traveled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 27, 2005

My daughter and I just returned from a short week in Naples. We stayed at this particular hotel because it had everything we were looking for in our price range on very short notice. The room came complete with two double beds (long) (kings are also available)and a full kitchen for $116.10 US per night. It also included a very large heated pool, tiki bar and hot tub. This three star hotel is not the ritz but clean and comfortable for travellers on a budget. In our experience, we found the front desk staff to be very accommodating and friendly. The virtual tour on the hotel website is exactly as described. On the down side, we found the hotel was popular with contractors and stop over travellers who left early in the morning.

4  Thank Steevesj62