“Not what expected”

Ranked #37 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Tigard, Oregon
“Not what expected”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Too many things promised but not fulfilled. After traveling for 3-weeks and staying in other motels/condo's, maybe it was us, but we understood this was a place with privately owned units so we expected it to be like a condo. It was not. There was no closet, only a wardrobe with a cupboard in the bottom. There were blankets stacked below the hangers, and any clothes would bend on the blankets. My wife couldn't even reach the hangers the wardrobe was so tall. There was a microwave and coffee pot, but no eating utensils, plates, or supplies even though there was an upper cupboard and lazy-susan cupboard below (both empty). The eating and cooking area was tiny, making it difficult to do either. Two people could not sit at the table because of all the brochures and the door would not open if someone was in the chair. The king size bed was pushed against a wall to accommodate one nightstand and a couch making it hard to get in/out of the bed. No reading light for one side of the bed. We were promised a unit looking at the pool [we were around back looking at a parking lot]. Very poor breakfast. Waffle machine, donuts, bagels, juice and coffee. This was really not a breakfast as compared to other places we stayed on this trip. There were no chairs outside unless you wanted to be in a lounge inside the pool fence, which we did not. It would have been nice to be able to sit in the sun. The price of the room was good when we were staying a week, but when we decided to leave after two days, the price went up by $20 a night. This was only a run of the mill motel with what appeared to be a nice pool.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GCINAPLES, Front Office Manager at Gulfcoast Inn Naples, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Not what expected? We are a condo property, thats why all the units look a little different, but no where do we advertise that are units are any more than 1 room with a private bathroom. As a hotel policy, we do not "promise" or guarantee poolside rooms. Any of our long standing guest can attest to that. You say the cabnits were too tall for your wife to reach, yet at the same time too small to hang clothes & have a blanket below them. How is that? You said no place to sit in the sun? Our pool area is surrounded by serveral dozen lounge chairs & tables/chairs, which can be seen by the pictures of the pool area. Then there is also a poolside bar & grill. The breakfast is exactly as advertised. It's Cont. & we have it posted on our website & tell anyone who asks what is included. No secrets or surprises. If you were given a reduced rate based on a week stay, why would you not think the rate would be adjusted accodingly with the dates adjustment? Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Rooms are updated, fridge, microwave in the kitchenette area. Not a hot spot for 30 something's like myself, but a great place to stay and a great value. About a 10 minute drive to 5th ave and the city dock.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank melazina
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We spent 9 nights here and it is perfectly positioned for beaches, restaurants, shopping and the pier. The pool is convenient for just relaxing and the rooms are perfectly adequate. The staff and cleaners were helpful and attentive. We were planning on moving on after a few days but ended up staying here for the balance of our vacation. If you like Naples and plan to be out and about then this is a perfect location for your trip, and there is an outside bar which s convenient if you want a drink after a dinner out.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank S P
Saint Clair, Michigan
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We normally never stay at little motels but this one was a blast! The courtyard around the pool is adorable! Tiki bar, tables and loungers to use, a full bar and food menu all without having to leave the motel. Our ground floor room right across from the pool entrance was fabulous. It looked like it had been newly remodled. The breakfast area was tiny with only a few options so we went else where for breakfast. This was a pleasant suprise, you would never think this Tiki bar oasis is hiddin in there!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Carrie B
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Well, I am not big on staying in hotels which aren't associated with a major chain but after checking the reviews on here I thought that I would give this place a try. The location is excellent, which is tucked in the middle of a busy commercial area. However, once in your room or by the pool area you forget that you aren't in a resort area. The hotel is very close to the beach and beautiful downtown Naples. If you get a chance to check out the downtown area, it is beautiful and has tons of local restaurants and locally owned shops. Upon checking into the hotel I was greeted by Diego who was wonderful. He was very friendly and provided me a brief over view. This would not be typical of my stay. The rest of the staff wasn't friendly at all. One day at 1 pm I called to ask for fresh towels because I missed housekeeping. The attendant had a severe attitude and I was told that housekeeping was gone, so I would have to come to get them myself. Once at the front desk I found that house keeping was still there.

Anyway, I was informed that most of the rooms at the hotel are individually owned and maintained but operated as a hotel. Therefore, I was glad I read the review below which had me reserve room # 109. The room was very updated and excellent! The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable and it had all of the modern requirements. I was surprised to find hardwood floors, nice cabinets with granite counter tops, a flat screen tv mounted on the wall, a longing chair and a small breakfast nook. My favorite part of the room was the bathroom. The tiled out shower which demonstrated a strong shower head, plenty of hot water, beautiful glass doors and a pebble shower floor which feels amazing on your feet. I LOVED THE BATHROOM! lol I may update my bathroom at home soon to be similar.

The pool area was beautiful! The pool is heated and clean. The area is surrounded with lush gardens and has servers to serve you food and non or alcoholic beverages. The servers were great but work for a different company. The bar area by the pool had excellent food which was fresh and reasonably priced. The restaurant was always busy there, you could see locals coming and going all of the time. There was also a Japanese steakhouse and sushi restaurant attached to the hotel which was always busy but I never made it over there.

The only recommendations that I would make would be (1) replace the bed cover, it looks cheap (2) replace the small ironing board with a larger on even if you have to place it on the back of a door and (3) provide some dishes such as plates and cups.

All of this being said, I could have stayed at the hotel for several days without ever leaving. This place was excellent with the exception of the staff and I would love to stay there again, if I could stay in room # 109 again.

Room Tip: Room # 109 if you only need a single king
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Russ R
Green County, WI
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Room 107 far from opulent (see review below) - very old bed with the extremely rock hard spring coil mattress, everything outdated but still serviceable. The bonus for this property is the big courtyard/pool area with tiki bar and restaurant. From the road you would not expect this to be there. Lots of lounge chairs around the pool. Didn't do the breakfast - it didn't look like much other than some bagels. Don't stay here thinking you'll see the water or the beach. It is far, far away.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank N R
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Even tho emailed reservation in hand no want to honor. Diana needs to find job not in hospitality business. JJ the manager. The J is for jerk. That's why it's double. Their model is the customer is always wrong.
Rooms are the pits. Great location and pool an 2 great restaurants is only reason exits. Stay close by cheaper and walk over for happy hour

• Stayed December 2012
4 Thank Patmattj
GCINAPLES, Manager at Gulfcoast Inn Naples, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
This is just not true. We would always honor a confirmation.

Travelers are raving about these Naples hotels