“Interesting Food Choices”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Goodlette-Frank Road
Description: Located downtown in the quaint Bayfront Place, Roy's Naples is waiting to welcome you. Come in for inspired bites and enticing cocktails during Aloha Hour in the open-air bar and for sensational meals in the vibrant dining room that features our signature exhibition kitchen and an exquisite outdoor patio. Blending classic techniques with adventurous Pacific Rim flavors, culinary pioneer Roy Yamaguchi created an entirely new approach to fine dining. The first Roy's opened in Honolulu in 1988 and we've spread our warm hospitality and passion for innovative and creative cuisine around the world ever since. Indulge in one of our spectacular cocktails or choose a glass from our award-winning wine list while you discover the fresh ingredients and outstanding seafood, expertly prepared by our local chefs that made us famous.
Reviewed March 15, 2014

A group of us went here on our first night in town. We had a reservation for 8:30 pm. We were seated immediately and we asked about the special 2 course menu for the evening (I don't believe it was advertised-our friend knew to ask ) You got your choice of either Appetizer or Salad with your choice of entree for $30.00 each. This turned out to be a good deal as this restaurant was pricy. I ordered the Lobster Potstickers for my appetizer and they were delicious, nice and hot and came with a very flavorful sauce for dipping. My entree was the baked Salmon cooked perfectly. Others ordered the Butter fish and raved about it. I didn't hear any complaints from any of the other people at out table of 5, so I think everybody was happy with this Restaurant choice. The service was excellent. We will return when in Naples.

There are newer reviews for Roy's - Downtown Naples

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Celebrated a birthday here, when I made the reservations they did ask if it was a special occasion. We were greeted with a Happy Birthday and the menus had special Happy Birthday wishes on the inside.

We started with cocktails, excellent mojitos! The edamame on the table was such a nice change of pace from bread and butter.

The service was top notch from start to end. We felt very well taken care of but didnt think the staff hovered. Water glasses were never empty thats for sure

For appetizers we shared two orders of lobster potstickers, you get 5 in an order. In a word - OUTSTANDING! They were served in a light butter sauce with a little cabbage salad with soy dressing...YUM!

Two of us had salads, a caesar which was a huge hit and the house salad with a honey dressing - a bit too sweet for our liking but the salad was very good and fresh. Two of us had the tempura veggies, what a huge service! Broccoli, zucchini, asparagus, carrots etc in a very light crisp batter with a nice soy dipping sauce...again another huge hit for us!

For the entrees we had a short ribs served in an Asian glaze that was melt in your mouth tender and no fat on it at all! Served with broccoli and mashed potatoes it was a winner for sure. Another dish was recommended by the server - the scallops with pork belly - OMG this was fantastic, 3 huge scallops served on pork belly on top of mashed potatoes with diced fennel and green apple and a light curry sauce

The last two dishes were the macadamia nut crusted mahi mahi in a lobster cream sauce. The fish was a bit too thick and a tad dry but the sauce was great. The last dish was the fish trio, salmon in a butter sauce, the macadamia nut crusted mahi and the butterfish. Holy moly the butterfish....the best piece of fish any of us ever had and we all wished we ordered just the butterfish! The salmon was excellent too but nothing compared to the butterfish.

We were all having a great time and decided on cappuccino's (fantastic!) and dessert. Two items have a 20 minute wait, the chocolate lava cake with raspberry sauce and ice cream and the pineapple upside down cake with coconut ice cream. Also ordered the bourbon pecan tart and the chocolate chip macadamia cookies - both came with ice cream. All four were great but the standout is the cookies.

Would not hesitate to run back to this place, especially for happy hour, 430-630 in the lounge for $6 drinks and snacks.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We had a business dinner at Roy's, probably 25 of us. Was a little wary of it being a mini chain but it worked out very well and would go there again. the food was really good with a selection of appetizers that was outstanding. Wine selection was excellent and not over priced. Service for the large group was good.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

With all the rave reviews, I was expecting something special....didn't happen. It started out ok but went downhill. Instead of ordering a main course I had two appetizers: lobster sticky buns (tasted like pork with a heavy 'Chinese' sauce--not worth it) and mussels. I was very surprised at the quantity of mussels....maybe 15(?). I have never had so few: usually it's an overflowing bowl. I even said something to the manager who responded with a little laugh and then dismissed himself. I didn't get.... I'm sorry, thanks for the feedback...nothing. After the meal we sat for 15 minutes waiting for someone to clear our dishes. It was only when I made frantic motions to the busboy that they were cleared. When I mentioned how long we waited his response was .... I'm also responsible for some outside tables as well. I even mentioned my concerns to the manager on the way out.....he wasn't interested in what I had to say.
Feedback.....I think they have to listen to what patrons are saying and understand that 'I'm sorry' goes a long way.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

My husband, daughter and I took my visiting mother to Roy's to celebrate her 86th birthday. We were very pleased at how special they treated her. She was very touched. We knew the food would please, and it did, but the customer service was outstanding. We would recommend them for special occasions as well as an evening out.