“I liked it but...”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Goodlette-Frank Road
Description: Located downtown in the quaint Bayfront Place, Roy's Naples is waiting to welcome you. Come in for inspired bites and enticing cocktails during Aloha Hour in the open-air bar and for sensational meals in the vibrant dining room that features our signature exhibition kitchen and an exquisite outdoor patio. Blending classic techniques with adventurous Pacific Rim flavors, culinary pioneer Roy Yamaguchi created an entirely new approach to fine dining. The first Roy's opened in Honolulu in 1988 and we've spread our warm hospitality and passion for innovative and creative cuisine around the world ever since. Indulge in one of our spectacular cocktails or choose a glass from our award-winning wine list while you discover the fresh ingredients and outstanding seafood, expertly prepared by our local chefs that made us famous.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We anxiously awaited our first trip to roy's downtown with friends this past week. The atmosphere is excellent, the greeters friendly.
We were early so we parked ourselves at the bar and were promptly greeted!
My wife and I ordered Manhattans, her's with J.D. mine with whiskey, peferably V.O..
I explained to the bartender i wasn't too much of a fan of bourbon but liked V.O. Ok, I;'ll make it with Buffalo Trace!! Turns out that was bourbon....<sigh...>

At dinner, I had the shortribs and they were GREAT!! around the table a few had the filet and lobster combo which all thought very good except they remarked the server had said a whole lobster was the special and they received a tail. Hmmmmmm.

My wife ordered her favorite - scallops!!
I felt a little embarrassed when her plate arrived with 4, count 'em 4 scallops and a large serving of greens in the center.
No starch, just 4 scallops and mound of salad.. $29.99

Well, what is one to do...

1  Thank TheGrumpyChef_SWF

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My wife and I went to Roys for dinner and were overwhelmed with the service and the food. The staff was extremely pleasant and the waiter was totally thorough in explaining the various menu choices. His suggestion about the fried calamare appetizer was "right on". My wife and I will definitely return very soon.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I think if it weren't for the service, I would have liked this restaurant a lot more. Our waiter had an attitude. It started when I asked him questions about the vegetarian menu. I am vegan so I started with the vegetarian menu and asked him questions about vegan options. He said "You know this menu is vegetarian not vegan" I said I knew. I was really surprised with his attitude because prior to coming to the restaurant, I contacted the restaurant to make sure they would be able to accommodate me. I received a lovely email from the managing partner assuring me that they would be able to make me a vegan meal and that advance notice wasn't required. The waiter needed to be reminded to bring me my sangria. My friend did not like her meal and pushed it to the side uneaten. The waiter saw this and did not ask what was wrong. This is a shame because the place looked lovely.

Jeannie L, Guest Relations Manager at Roy's - Downtown Naples, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

I am so sorry to hear this. Yes, all vegan meals are not a problem at all for chef and we're sorry for the disappointing service.

Can I please have your contact information so our Managing Partner, who wrote to you can speak to you directly about your experience? My email is jlee@roysrestaurant.com.

Best wishes and thank you for much for your insight.

Mahalo,

Jeannie Lee @ Roy's

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The food and service that we receive at Roy's is usually top notch. This time they knocked it out of the park. Food was exceptional and the service that my wife and I received could not be compared to anything that we have had before. From the first moment we walked trough the door everyone was on point. We had reservations for 6:30 and we immediately asked for a booth and were wisked away to our seats in a blink of an eye. The manager " David gines" came over and introduced himself and made it a point to tell us that whatever we needed not to hesitate and ask. Our server that night was Breanna and we couldnt have asked for a better person to take care of us. Polite, always smiling and made sure my wife and I were very well taken care of. We remembered having a cocktail here a while back named Smithfield Sling. We noticed it wasnt on the menu but the server asked the bartender and hold and behold the drinks were brought to our table. She actually told us that it was the bartenders specialty. Talk about Lucky. Take my word for it, please don't leave here without ordering this drink you wont regret it. Hopefully they will put it back on the menu. Now to the food, the chef sent out a appetizer that wasnt on the menu yet which was a Dim Sum filled with Salmon that was to die for. Thankfully my wife is not a Salmon eater so I have to say that I enjoyed every single one by myself. Fantastic. My wife ordered the Filet Mignon and I swear she didn't need a knife to cut the beef, perfectly cooked and absoluetly delicious. I ordered the Hangar Steak which also was cooked to perfection and the taste was incredible. We finished with there signature dessert, the upside down pineeaple cake that comes with a side of Coconut Ice cream. If I could describe this dessert in one word, it would definetly be " Heaven"..... When in Naples do not leave without stopping here. It will be a meal you wont easily forget. Now to figure out when are we going back... Soon I hope..

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great upscale restaurant. When we arrived, it was happy hour at the bar. Normally I am used to receiving just okay cocktails then at a great price. This cocktail, the Hawaiian martini I think it was called, was absolutely great!
The service was just one of the best you can ever imagine. All personel very friendly, service oriented and very knowledgeable. We loved the food and DO order the upside down pineapple cake as dessert directly when you order your main course.