“Great Fish, great service”
Review of Roy's - Downtown Naples - CLOSED

Roy's - Downtown Naples
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Goodlette-Frank Road
Description: Located downtown in the quaint Bayfront Place, Roy's Naples is waiting to welcome you. Come in for inspired bites and enticing cocktails during Aloha Hour in the open-air bar and for sensational meals in the vibrant dining room that features our signature exhibition kitchen and an exquisite outdoor patio. Blending classic techniques with adventurous Pacific Rim flavors, culinary pioneer Roy Yamaguchi created an entirely new approach to fine dining. The first Roy's opened in Honolulu in 1988 and we've spread our warm hospitality and passion for innovative and creative cuisine around the world ever since. Indulge in one of our spectacular cocktails or choose a glass from our award-winning wine list while you discover the fresh ingredients and outstanding seafood, expertly prepared by our local chefs that made us famous.
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Tonight we visited Roy's in Bayfront, Naples Fl. We found out that it is part of a conglomerate that owns some of the top restaurants nationwide. It is off season so the place was pretty empty and the service was very good. We were four people for dinner. It happened to be our anniversary and the couple we were with called ahead and Roy's put a special page on the front of the menu congratulating us. A nice touch to say the least. We were also treated to some wonderful
deserts after dinner. The Butter fish (its a marinated cod not a true butterfish) was moist and excellant. The Mahi Mahi was excellent but there was little else on the plate. My wife asked for something else and they brought out a wonderful mushroom risotto. You can sign up on line for special events and meals. We loved our meal and the house red was super.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

My wife and I love to have dinner here everytime we visit Naples. Typically we visit four to five times a year. We celebrated my wife's birthday here a few month's ago and it was completely wonderful. They were on the ball the whole night making her feel super special. To start off they gave her a personalized Menu with birthday greetings on it. The staff came by several times to wish her a Happy Birthday. She basically got A-1 treatment above and beyond. At the end of the wonderful meal they took a picture of us and brought it back to us personalized in a Roy's frame signed by the staff. since they did such a wonderful job on her birthday she decided to take me back to Roy's last week for my birthday. She did reservations three weeks in advance hoping that all would turn out great and receive the same level of service that she did. Unfortunately it didnt work out that way.The Hostess did acknowledge that it was my B-Day so she knew why we were there. My wife had requested a booth three weeks in advance for a nice romantic dinner. When we got there we saw that there was one open and we were assuming that they were holding it for us. We were immediately told that it was reserved for someone else and we had to wait. I looked at them with a perplexed look on my face. By there statement that meant that the booth was reserved over three weeks ago for someone else. What are the odds of that happening? Keep in mind that the restaurant was empty except for all the booths which were taken. A few minutes later they sat us down in another booth that was meant for a party of 10+. We were looking for a nice romantic dinner, instead we were sat on a table meant for a large corporate event. The waiter came over and took our drink orders and no acknowledgement at all about B-Day. We got our drinks ordered our food and about 45 minutes later we proceeded to eat. The food, like always was Amazing A+. We ordered dessert and my wife was hoping that they would write Happy B-day on my dessert like they did for her. Nope, it didn't happen. I can't describe to you how upset my wife was on how the evening turned out. We love the food at Roy's but it seems like there special touches have dissapeared. This kind of service is what made Roy's special and over the top. Hopefully they will get there act together before it's to late.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Roys provides reasonable pricing with excellent food and innovative presentation. Staff is attentive and friendly. Just the place for a "special" dinner.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

We consistently come to Roy's when we are in Naples because their miso butterfish is consistently out of this world. This time as per usual it did not disappoint. Cocktails are interesting and varied and they have lo cal cocktail options, like a variant on a skinnygirl margarita. We had the la...something Hawaiian sushi appetizer with waguy beef and it was fantastic too. A little pricey, but great quality food, atmosphere, and waitstaff. One of our favorites in Naples. Do ot miss the baked pineapple upside down cake with coconut ice cream for dessert, either! One of my favorites.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Nice location although we got caught in a Naples afternoon downpour.. Luckily plenty of tables inside. Great happy hour specials with very reasonable drink and appetizer prices.