“Good and Bad”

BEST WESTERN Naples Plaza Hotel
Ranked #26 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Positives: inexpensive, easy off I-75, front desk clerk pleasant, check in very smooth, plenty of parking, great shower in room

Negatives: serious housekeeping issues--horrible smell throughout hotel, hall carpets and stairwells absolutely disgusting, bed spread on our bed stained, towels thin and small, room carpet sticky and gross, undesirables checking in all hours of the night and hanging in lobby...a liitle shady at times.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for BEST WESTERN Naples Plaza Hotel

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights for a family event. We live in Miami and did not feel like driving back. The hotel is convieniently located off of I-75. There are several places to eat/shop within walking distance or within 1-5 miles. The hotel is larger than I expected. The rooms and bathroom are huge! There was more than enough room for myself and my kids 14 and10.We had an efficiency room with 2 queens. It had a fully stocked kitchen with a full size fridge. The beds were very comfortable. The continental breakfast was decent. They served your typical selections of cereal, pastries, bagels etc. We enjoyed the "make your own Belgian waffle" station. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub as well. There was a small fitness center I did not get to use. I have to add that the pictures of the rooms on the website need to be updated. The rooms do not have the awful floral bedspreads the comforters are much more contemporary. Forgot to mention the staff were friendly. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others. My very picky mom who had a room reserved at the Hampton Inn for double the price was also pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: Ask for pool/lake view room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed here for two nights, and chose it as it was the cheapest one in the area. The room was clean, the sheets were soft, it was everything we needed. There was even a complimentary continental breakfast, something that other places we stayed (at 4 times the cost) didn't offer. If I had to find one negative thing to say, it's that the room had a musty smell to it, but that wasn't bad enough to be a concern. Staff were all helpful and friendly. Why overpay somewhere else?

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stopped in Naples as our half way point to Key West. We checked in at 12midnight. The clerk was very friendly. The hotel looked very large. It seemed pretty nice. We paid a very reasonable rate.
The biggest issue was that our room smelled very mildish. It seemed as though the carpet had just been washed and had not dried.
The temp was comfortable. The room was spacious. The bed was ok. I was a little hesitant about the cleanliness of the bed spreads. I hear so much about hotels not really washing them. We didn't have any issues though.
The shower was awesome! It may have just been remodled or something. It was very clean. The shower head was very powerful and had different settings.
The location and price were perfect for a one night stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed here for one night and paid under £35 a night.

The hotel was easy to find and check in/out was easy. There was a nice pool area and a guest laundry - the cheapest I have ever used at only $1 each for the washer and dryer.

There was a standard type breakfast with waffles, toast etc. There are plenty of places to eat nearby. The air con was a central system, so no noisy unit switching on and off all night which was good. There was a decent sized balcony with 2 chairs.

The hotel is not near the beach, but is right by the 75 motorway, which is perfect if like us you are on a road trip.

There were 3 negatives for me, although one is easily resolved and another is not a show stopper.

1. Road noise. I wear earplugs, so it didn't bother me, but ask for a pool facing room to avoid this. 2. The room felt damp, it didn't smell but the bedding and my clothes felt damp in the morning - perhaps it was because my partner had the air con at super freeze - but still a concern.
3. The hotel was having work done but we were not told of this. The banging and drilling started in the room beside us at the back of 8am. We were on holiday, so that was a little early for us.

All in all, I would probably stay here again as it was value for money and the staff were nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool facing room
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank shopaholic888
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I traveled overnight to Naples, Florida and we stayed here. We got good customer service, we needed to check in early, they said, "No problem." Parking was literally by the front door, very convenient. We chose a pool view room on the 3rd floor. It also outlooked a cypress woods and pond, very "Everglades". Breakfast was complimentary with a waffle-making station, cereal, bagels, pastry, juice, coffee, etc. A nice surprise to the room was a small balcony we could sit on and overlook the pool. It's right on I-75 so it was a staright shot there from Fort Lauderdale. Lots of restaurants and stores nearby. The beds were heavenly, 4 big pillows and a feather duvet. Slept wonderfully. Bonus was a mini-fridge and a microwave in a kitchen area. Room was very large. We went down in a light rain and enjoyed the pool area hot tub.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are a nicer view, but I wouldn't want a first-floor due to children making noise...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jhussher
Reviewed July 11, 2012

There is not much to say. The hotel isn't amazing but the room are spacious, clean and comfortable. We had probably the easiest check-in experience ever. The staff are really friendly too.
This was a nice stop in our road trip and we used it to relax by the pool for a couple of hours. There are several restaurants and convenience stores all around.
Really not bad at all for the price!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple