“perfect hotel for the money”

BEST WESTERN Naples Plaza Hotel
Ranked #25 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Amsterdam
“perfect hotel for the money”
Reviewed December 2, 2007

I got the hotel room 2 nights for 40$ a night via Priceline, a great great rate. We knew the hotel was a few miles from the sea, but since you need your car practically anywehre you are in Naples we didn't mind being a bit further away. The clerk at the desk didn't know which rooms where poolview, so we changed 4 times, but I didn't really mind, they were willing to give me poolview for 40,- a night! The room was spacious, two beds, and they are not too hard,..they are just perfect...much better for your back then these soft matresses, a great great bathroom, a balcony, fridge and a coffee maker, what else do you possibly need more? Th room was hyper clean and the view from the 4th towards the swimmingpool and the wood, nice.
The breakfast is for Americans great, a lot of unhealthy stuff without any nutricious ingredients: waffles, white bread, muffins, donuts en prefab sterilised orange juice and horrible coffee (looks like tea, tasts like pi..). But it comes with the room, so I would be a real pain in the...to complain about this. The night before I went to one of these Publix supermarkets next door and bought a fruit salad, put in the fridge and the next morning I made my own coffee in the room, took my salad and coffee downstairs, and off we go. Be smart and have a good time. I highly recommand this hotel. It would be nice if they, in the future, also include some fruit in the breakfast buffet,..

• Liked — spacious clean rooms, the price
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank EllesP

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
blacksburg
Reviewed May 29, 2007

We were looking for an inexpensive hotel in Naples and we were very pleased with what we got for our money. Room was large, clean and nicely appointed. There was a kitchenette area with sink, fridge and microwave - nice when traveling with family. Each room has a porch or balconey - choose one that is on the opposite side of the parking lot and you view pool or pond.
Hotel is about twenty minutes from downtown Naples and is located amidst strip malls. It is very near to 75.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — A twenty minute drive to attractions
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank lisatravels
Loughborough
Reviewed March 21, 2007

We only stayed here for one night whilst travelling around southern Florida, but we found this hotel to be very pleasant and quite luxurious. When checking in, the hotel staff were not the friendliest, looking thoroughly fed up! They were efficient enough, but I left the front desk with the feeling that they really didn't want to be there!

The rooms and hotel layout was very nice indeed, however one of the elevators was a little tempramental at times.

I would recommend this hotel though, but someone tell the reception staff that were on that afternoon to cheer up! On reflection, the staff on the reception desk the following morning were totally different and were very friendly and welcoming!

• Liked — Breakfast - they have a waffle maker!!!
  • Disliked — Front desk staff
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank PinkNFluffy
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed March 17, 2007

Upon arrival, I was greeted by a staff member, who although looked somewhat unprofessional, was very polite and quick to check me in. After gathering all my belongings and lugging everything to the room, my first impression came the second I opened the door. Now, I have stayed at the best of the best, the in between, and the worst. I do not expect perfection when staying at a hotel such as the Best Western, Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn etc. I do expect superb service when checking into a Ritz Carlton, however. So, I knew I wasn't going to find the luxuries of that here. What I did find was enough to make me want to contact a primetime news channel to host a review. I ended up paying a fair share for this room, and the quality was maybe worth a fourth of what I paid. When I first entered the room, it looked very rundown. The room just seemed "dirty". The lighting was very poor. I walked into the room and first noticed the bed, which was very low to the ground, a mattress maybe about 10 inches high and was very hard. The wallpaper was peeling off the walls, and I found screws on the bed that must have been from the furniture in the room. I opened up the bedding to pull down the top quilt, since that's something people really don't want to sleep with, being it's the first thing they put their belongings on or lay on once in the room, and it's the last thing probably washed in a while. When I pulled down the covers I found stained sheets and what seemed to be crumbs. The bathroom was on the ok side. The only problem I encountered with that was a sink that had a hard time draining and a shower head that was about 4'5 inches tall. Reminded me of the good ol' days in my college dorm. The part that took me the most was when I opened the closet that normally holds the ironing board, extra bedding etc. When I pulled the door open I looked down and the entire wall was covered in growing mold. There was so much mold, the wall looked "fuzzy". Being a health concern, that was when I drew the line and took myself to the front desk to demand another room. A rundown room with peeling paint, a sink that doesn't drain, and by the way, an alarm clock that doesn't work, nor did the alarm wake up call on the phone, is a room I can tolerate. But when it comes to a health concern, it needs to be addressed. I am hoping the hotel staff corrects this problems immediately after I brought it to their attention. My fiancee and I actually checked out of the hotel that next day and headed to our next destination and the room I had us booked in was considerably less in money, but was absolutely beautiful. I know there are so many reviews on here and it's hard to decide which ones to believe, but I'm being honest when I say this is not the place to stay. It is in an extremely poor state. Please take my advice.

• Liked — The convienance of being next to the highway.
  • Disliked — The conditions of the room.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Dreams008
Bracknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 29, 2007

We stayed two nights (Jan 26-27, 2007). Room was massive with two Queen beds, 2 TVs, 2 washbasins, 2 phones, (but only one shower, bath, fridge and microwave), a lounge area with settee and chairs, a balcony, and best of all, an computer terminal in the room with free internet access - great for keeping in touch and finding info -(and checking in for our flight back to the UK).

The two pools and spa baths were located in restful greenery. The complimentary breakfast buffet was taken 'al fresco' around the pool area. A good range of waffles, bread, bagels, juices and coffees.

The staff were great. Rapid check in and out. Ready to provide information. It was a great place to relax. A 15 minute stroll will take you to a beach full of fine, white sand - with one of the finest sunsets you are likely to see.

Stayed January 2007
8 Thank Bracknellwanderer
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 11, 2006

This probably was a decent hotel at one time. Unfortunately, it is in decline. I should have stayed at a hampton or holiday inn for just a little more. In our 1st room the toilet leaked & seemed not to be attached to the floor. In the next room the refrig was so loud you couldn't sleep. The 1st person we talked to said they all were like that. Fortunately the other desk person said we should try a another room, which turned out to be much better. None of the rooms were very clean. The hallway had a cigerate but that remainded there for several days (they obviously didn't clean the halls). The continental breakfast was more like a a very poor attempt to copy a Super 8 offering. The bed was extremely hard, the sheets didn't fit quite right and we had to constantly rehook the bottom sheet to the bed. You may save a little money but I would either pay a little more or stay at a Super 8 or Days Inn. They would be less and may be better and cleaner.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 4, 2006

My husband and I just returned from a week-long vacation in Naples and stayed at the Best Western Naples Plaza. We were very pleased with our experience. Our room was spacious and comfortable and kept very clean. We requested a room in the rear overlooking a wooded area and it was extremely quiet the whole time. The mattress and bedding were comfortable, and the refrigerator could not be heard at all, so the room was conducive to sound sleep. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful on several occasions when we needed information. The breakfast was adequate even for the health conscious; whole wheat cereals, skim milk, orange juice and, on a few occasions, fruit, were available. The pool area was clean and pleasant, and the water was warm. It was necessary to drive about 20 minutes to get to the gulf; however, we saved so much money on the room that we didn't mind the drive. The highway location was actually convenient when we wanted to go to Marco Island, Fort Myers, and the Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary. There are restaurants all over Naples, so finding a good place to eat was not an issue. The options are limited only if you want to walk to a restaurant from the hotel. All in all, we got affordable and comfortable accommodations at an expensive and beautiful vacation destination, so we were quite pleased and would recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed February 2006