“Average-not a patch on Mr Big Fish down the road”
Review of USS Nemo

USS Nemo
Ranked #9 of 1,012 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Indian, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Park Shore
Description: A stylized sort of nautical setting, USS Nemo's cool, comfortable blue interior gives one just a hint of the old "Voyage to the Bottom of Sea" motif with round brass portholes and a mock periscope, or "eye peeper thing," as Kylie called it. The menu definitely appeals to those with a taste for the exotic as it successfully marries a seafood cornucopia with Asian cuisine. The service is impeccable and the entrees are styled in drop-dead gorgeous fashion. The Bento Boxes are marvelous conversation starters. Even the pickled ginger is made to look like a piece of art. Salmon Pie is an elegant affair that elicits "Oohs" and "Ahs" as it arrives so picturesquely presented. The salmon is wrapped in phillo dough and stuffed with mushrooms, spinach and dill sauce - a true taste sensation next to a side salad topped with a tropical fruit medley. It's easy to see why USS Nemo is popular with the going places crowd. And don't forget to try the Sake Bar. We also have an extensive wine list.
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We had an ok evening here but not great. The service was poor - grumpy and un-attentive waiter, definitely no love felt!! The food was ok but not amazing and certainly not worth the price. The flavor combinations on the plate left a lot to be desired. Sometimes simplicity is best. The dishes were brought together without much thought. Or perhaps too much thought on how it would look but not flavor combination. The wine was mediocre. In contrast, we ate at Mr Big Fish a few nights after, this was everything USS Nemo should be - great atmosphere, nice setting/decor, wonderful service, amazing food and half the price!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,446)

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I was in Naples on business this past week and I had heard my sister rave a bout USS Nemo's so many times, I finally gave it a try; I am so very happy that I did!

The hummus appetizer plate if a genius combination of seaweed salad, pickled ginger, hummus and a shredded carrot cabbage medley with a sriracha vinaigrette; delightful!

My entree was the pan-seared halibut and it was likely the best that I have ever had! The halibut was cooked perfectly and served over broccolini in a lobster-saffron nage with a side of whipped parsnip potatoes topped with watercress greens. The real master touch was the dusting of hibiscus powder about the edges of the plate! It was so good, had manners not stopped me, I might have licked my plate.

I absolutely recommend USS Nemo's to anyone visiting Naples as it is a delight beyond most other restaurants around town!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Don't let the location keep you away as I had for so many years! Everything from the appetizers to the dessert were delicious. We ate out 6 nights the week my boyfriend's mom was in town and this was by far our favorite meal. Each one of us had delicious meals.. the sweet & sour shrimp, grouper, and lobster risotto were amazing! Ate outside and they do a nice job covering that you don't even notice the parking lot or US 41 right there. Service was just okay but the food was so good it didn't matter. Definitely go!!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

WOW! Great lunch, really cool setting, excellent service and interesting clientele. It is a "10" in my book by all standards an a not to be missed stop. Wish it was in our town I would be a regular, like weekly at least. Had the Bento with tempura and the wife had the fish tacos both were just killer! Don't miss this place!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Have to agree with previous reviewer. Food was great but not crazy about location. Very popular for obvious reasons but outdoor eating area was cramped and busy with customer traffic. Waiter was not very personable. Would return if we get reservation for indoors.