“Consistently Good!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Indian, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Park Shore
Description: A stylized sort of nautical setting, USS Nemo's cool, comfortable blue interior gives one just a hint of the old "Voyage to the Bottom of Sea" motif with round brass portholes and a mock periscope, or "eye peeper thing," as Kylie called it. The menu definitely appeals to those with a taste for the exotic as it successfully marries a seafood cornucopia with Asian cuisine. The service is impeccable and the entrees are styled in drop-dead gorgeous fashion. The Bento Boxes are marvelous conversation starters. Even the pickled ginger is made to look like a piece of art. Salmon Pie is an elegant affair that elicits "Oohs" and "Ahs" as it arrives so picturesquely presented. The salmon is wrapped in phillo dough and stuffed with mushrooms, spinach and dill sauce - a true taste sensation next to a side salad topped with a tropical fruit medley. It's easy to see why USS Nemo is popular with the going places crowd. And don't forget to try the Sake Bar. We also have an extensive wine list.
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We have been to this restaurant at least eight times in almost six years. The food and ambiance are worth the wait. We are always pleased with our dinner choices. The staff are polite and attentive. You can dine al fresco or inside where it is noisy. Nonetheless, our friends love going, too. We were told of this restaurant by a front desk employee of the Naples Grande when we stayed there 11/07 and we are so glad he recommended this excellent restaurant. All dishes we've had we're delicious and we plan on going back whenever we are in town. I've noticed on our most recent visit that they have seemed to have added tables in the restaurant and we were sitting awfully close to the booth at my husband's right elbow. He just scooted closer to me. Overall, excellent dining experience with a great location and ample parking.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Another successful dining experience thanks to Trip Advisor. The tables are close together and the restaurant is busy but my primary interest in any restaurant is how good is the food. I had the
MACADAMIA NUT ENCRUSTED MAHI-MAHI - papaya-rum butter sauce, sweet potato gratin,coconut green beans, grilled pineapple salsa. The fish was well prepared although I would have been happier with it having a slightly crispy exterior which it did not. The sauce was sweet and good and I loved the sweet potato gratin. My husband had the Nemo’ specialty: MISO GRILLED RIB EYE - marinated in red miso and Japanese black pepper, hand cut French fries, mirin-brandy sauce, braised vegetables. I know, ordering steak at a fish place...sheesh. But honestly it was a superb steak. Good sized and melt in your mouth tender and so flavorful. Not sure why the fries are included, seemed unnecessary. Our service was good although I doubt our waiter spoke much English. I would return again to USS Nemo if I lived in the area.

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

This place has excellent food, compliments to the chef! My General Tso's shrimp and fish were delectable. The sake mojito was also excellent. The place does not have a liquor license so they use sake in all of their mixed drinks. Surprisingly, my drink tasted awesome.

The only reason I didn't give it five stars were the service and the atmosphere. They were good but not excellent. No one checked on me at times and the music was too much for my senses. Eating alone (I was traveling), I was forced to eat at the bar, though small tables were available. I almost did not feel welcome.

Great food...good service.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Their signature dish of Chilean Sea Bass is a melt in your mouth fresh fish feast. There is a hint of ginger and I wish I knew how they prepared the light spiced coating. Just wonderful. We made reservations which is a must, and had the seafood ceviche for an appetizer. Chunks of fresh fish in a lime base was refreshing. Their bread comes warm and I could not resist it. Had to try the crime brûlée for dessert and it was very good. My husband said it was the best Chilean Sea Bass he has ever had and I would agree. Great service too.

Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I've been to many seafood restaurants in the area, and this one ranks as. One of the best ! It's well worth trying if you've never been.