“Just go ahead and GO!”

Lamoraga Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lamoraga Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 1,011 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Lamoraga Restaurant is the creative International and Tapas Cuisine restaurant in Naples, Florida. We offer a wide variety of international dishes, delicious food, fresh seafood, and refreshing cocktails.
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We had our 3rd visit to Lamoraga in the last 2 1/2 weeks and look forward to our 4th when our daughter and friends come into town next week. I am a big fan of this new and contemporary restraunt. I like the look of the place with it's large open space open kitchen that has a counter around it so you can view some of what is going on, I like the food, not what I would call traditional Spanish, there are some Spanish influences for sure but it is the large selection of perfectly prepared and plated Tapas that remind you of Spain it is kind of like visiting the Pincho bars of San Sebastian without having to do the walking. The food is seriously good. I like the vibe of the place, a little busy and a little more noise that a lot might expect but once again it bring you back to Spain and the type of eatery or area that would serve this cuisine. I like the busy vibe and like it especially without he feeling of being rushed ,it is bistro like in that regard and I like that feel.
We have taken the time to talk with all of the wait people that had responsibility for our table, Winston on our fist night and his as well while a little nervous he took great care of us as we both learned the wine list. He took great care of us and his large but warm smile is very engaging. Michael took care of us on his second visit, a real pro a transplant from Michigan he appreciates his new home and his new gig and it shows. Lindsay took care of us on our last visit and again she showed great joy in what she was doing, all do well by their employers.
We also took the opportunity on several occasions to speak with PJ the executive chef who hails originally from Monaco and who's last gig was at Blue Provance in Naples. A great and enthusiastic and talented young man . While seated at the counter one time we spoke with one of the sous chefs he name is Wendy a gregarious young man that delights in cooking and the possibility of learning from PJ.
I like everything about this place but I think I have already said that and will enjoy it as often as possible even with the 90 minute round trip and that is off season because when the blue hairs come backI know I will not be able to make the trip as often as I would like.

5  Thank John W

Reviewed May 30, 2014

From the minute we entered LAMORAGA ,Contemporary Spanish Restaurant in Naples, I was very impressed.I loved everything about it.As we were there for lunch , we had Tapas.We chose,Carpaccio Iberico,(beef tenderloin carpaccio with a soy vinaigrette ) ,Jamon De Bellota 5J(one of the finest hams in the world, aged 18 months with pan can tomate,(Foie Gras De Pato a la Plancha (seared foiie gras with a fig port reduction and fresh berries. For dessert we ordered Torrija (coconut milk laced bread pudding. Everything was amazing. Can't wait to try it again......I also want to mention the Waiter, he was very professional. I also noticed that it was a more 'Hip' crowd.

2  Thank punch44
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We were hesitant since it just opened, however the manager was so responsive, charming and accomodating regarding our reservation that she drew us in with such a great level of service right from the start. From the (Burata) Cheese, Lamb Skewers, and Shrimp-wrapped-Basil tapas appetizers, to the Short Ribs (my fav) and Salmon for dinner, it was all flavorful with large enough portions. Good wine and sangria selection, though the red sangria is definitely on the darker more full bodied side. I really think this is and will be a long time staple in Naples, I can only see that during season it will be packed (and probably noisy) so I figure I'll eat here as often as I can for the next 6 months before I can no longer get in for dinner (-:

2  Thank 1director
Reviewed May 17, 2014

After giving it my mandatory 30 day post opening waiting period, we were excited to give Lamoraga a shot. My first impression was Modern Spain, with a beautiful open kitchen and high ceilings. Looking around, it was not the typical Naples geriatric crowd, but living and breathing people. Yes, the noise level was a little high, but good restaurants are not supposed to be like funeral parlors.
I had been told by a friend to skip the entrees and just do Tapas, so my wife and I ordered an assortment of 6. The presentation was of a Michelin 3 star, and the flavor of 5 out of 6 were equal to the best Tapas I have eaten in Spain. In order of deliciousness, this is how they ranked: Mushroom Pork roll, fried calamari, eggplant, garlic shrimp, morrocan lamb, and the bacaloa (cod). We each had the red Sangria and that was outstanding.
We spoke to the talented young French Chef, who was extremely personable, and asked him why no Paella was available. Apparently, they don't have the proper cooking set up for it yet, but it will be coming in the Fall. We were also looking for a couple of typical Spanish desserts like Churros and Flan, and recommended them as future additions to the open minded chef. Hopefully they will be added soon!
His lovely wife watches over the front of the house, so it definitely has the feel of a family operation and not a corporate food trough, which I really enjoyed.
Service was outstanding, we had a young Jamaican guy named Wycliffe, and he knows the menu thoroughly in case you have trouble making decisions.
Overall, Lamoraga is a spectacular new restaurant which is a most welcome addition to a town with many pretentious and mediocore establishments. I think this place will help raise the bar for everyone!

4  Thank onedumgoy
Reviewed May 5, 2014

On the plus side, this new Naples restaurant is "trendy", and offers a wonderful Tapas menu. With our party of 6, we were able to order 8 different items and one was better than the next. The waiters are very helpful and knowledgeable, helping us choose a nice variety. Service is excellent. So - Food and Staff get 5 stars. BUT....with the wood floors and high ceilings - the noise level is a HUGE drawback. It was difficult to hear the person next to you...let alone the rest of the group. I don't know if there is a "fix" for this....maybe when they open their outdoor seating.