“Oui Oui”
Review of Escargot 41

Escargot 41
Reserve with OpenTable
Escargot 41 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #165 of 1,016 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Park Shore
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This restaurant, although tucked in a less than ideal shopping center, produces outstanding french cuisine. it obviously offers many varieties of escargot but is also is bold to offer different french entrees that aren't so typical. The duck and salmon are amazing and so is the simple chicken (which isn't so simple). It's a good find - go find it.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Want to treat yourself try Escargot 41 - from the foie gras to the amazing Grand Marnier souffle - you won't be disappointed - pricey a bit - but absolutely outstanding - want to be impressed ? give it a go you won't be dissapointed

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Okay, don't let the outer appearance fool you. This little awesome place is sandwiched between a Goodwill and a Dollar Store in a strip mall, with a generic light outside with the name. You walk in, and immediately smell the garlicky salty awesome smell of French food. The tables are adorned with pretty lace, dim little lamps, salmon-colored napkins folded into water glasses: it's old-school charm at its finest.
We had the original preparation of escargot - butter and garlic. LOADS of garlic. It was amazing. The escargot (I was told, as I'm not an expert) was rather small though. I didn't care, I had bread and the garlic butter to mop up once the snails were gone. We also had the pate (amazing - chunky and full of flavor, not terribly fatty/stringy like some I've tried in the past). I then had their fish special - I wish I could tell you what fish it was, but I simply don't remember. A nice firm white fish with an excellent oceany flavor, served with a perfectly citrusy white (jasmine?) rice and green beans. I also asked for a side of the au gratin potatoes. My dining partner had the sweetbreads, which he announced were the best he's ever had. GET THE POTATOES HOLY LORD GET THE POTATOES.

The wine list is absolutely daunting, but presented in a manner that made it a bit of an adventure in choosing. It included the maps with various regions and climates pointed out - it was a bit of a lesson as well.

Service was perfect.

If you want to feel cheesy (as we totally did), ask for the booth with pillows in the corner. They'll seat both of you on one side of the table and serve you from the other. Honestly, we didn't ask to be sat that way but they instructed us to sit there, and we wound up truly enjoying the cushy pillows and "Kiss The Girl" atmosphere, haha.

Oh, don't decline the house Champagne as an apertif. It's fantastic for the price.

1  Thank Jen M
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I were delighted with the romantic dinner we shared at Escargot last week. The hostess was gracious and accommodating. The atmosphere (inside) was charming and the food--magnifique! I loved the classic escargot, the crispy duck in a prune sauce was the best roast duck I can remember and the mushroom soup was delicious. I would have loved to try the dessert but--no room. It was a pleasant surprise that the house wine by the carafe was quite nice and very reasonably priced. I will look forward to going back next time I am in Naples.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Escargot 41 is a very lovely French restaurant. It is tucked away in the corner of an old strip mall but don't let it's location near K-mart deter you. Once you enter, you are transported to Paris. Service and food was excellent. There is a very extensive wine list. The escargot are brilliant! We actually over-ordered as we expected smaller European portions. We lingered a long time (we dined off-season) and never felt hurried. Escargot 41 is a real gem in Naples!!! Highly recommend especially for a special occasion.