“A Little French Gem in Naples”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Escargot 41

Escargot 41
Reserve with OpenTable
Escargot 41 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #154 of 984 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Park Shore
ossining
“A Little French Gem in Naples”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Staying in Naples through the winter months, we have become a bit fussy about local restaurants. Last year one of the restaurants we dined at was Escargot 41so we weren't surprised that the restaurant is located in an aging strip mall. Once again, upon entering the restaurant, we were magically whisked away to a little French bistro in Paris. Greeted by Jackie with her usual warmth, my wife and I started with one of the wonderful numerous escargot appetizers. My wife followed with a wonderful Bronzini and I had an amazing veal dish with apples, mushrooms and brown gravy. Finishing up with Creme Brulee and port wine, dinner at Escargot 41 was perfect and by far the best meal we have had in Naples this winter.

• Visited March 2013

Buffalo, New York
“Hidden Jewel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I can't believe it! I have passed this restaurant by for many years and never noticed it!
Finally, a girlfriend and I, tried it. I can't say enough. Don't let the location fool you like it did me.
Little French restaurant, excellent service but, most of all, delicious food. The reason I, finally, decided to try it was because I was cruising restaurants in Naples on Trip-Advisor. All very good reviews. The escargot were delicious and my friend, who loves escargot, said they were the best she has had. We shared an order which was enough for two.
She had the beef filet and loved it. I had a sole dish which I loved. The waiter told us that each entre is made to order so it takes a little extra time. Well worth the wait (which didn't seem long to us anyway)
Don't miss this place.

Denver, Colorado
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

The food and service was excellent. Only in Naples for one month but will go back before we leave town. Has to be one of best eating experiences I have had in a long time.

Brewster, Massachusetts
“Paris in a Naples strip mall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

After reading all the glowing Trip Advisor reviews, I was determined to be a critical reviewer and find a problem. I couldn't. It was perfect in every way. Excellent food served with great, friendly service in a timely manner. The host, Jackie, was very friendly and observant. This was our best restaurant experience during our month in Naples.

1 Thank Dickcape
London, Canada
“Don't Be Put Off By Strip Mall Location. Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Once you enter you feel Paris! Our first time here so I had to go with the "classic" escargot as a base. Can't wait to try the other 7 options:). My wife had the Foie Gras appetizer which was the best we've tasted since the Trois Gros in France many years ago. Our daughter and I had the soupe du jour which was outstanding cream of mushroom. Two of us had the Tournedos Lesdiguiere, Beef Tenderloin, topped with creamed spinach, swiss cheese and a bed of brown marsala (non sweet version) sauce. My wife had the veal. Everything was prepared perfectly, including the vegetables! Dessert shared was the classic profiteroles, very good but the only item we would not classify as outstanding.
Except for the Foie Gras, we chose items from the standard menu. However, they offered at 3 or 4 specials.
Service was also friendly and very well done.
Although fairly expensive, worth every penny and we will be back soon.