“Save you pennies and your time, try another eatery!”
Review of Bella Maria Cafe

Bella Maria Cafe
Ranked #483 of 999 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stopped by for a quick bite of lunch while walking along 5th Avenue and chose Bella Maria because the menu looked interesting, boy were we wrong. Our server was smug and seemed uninterested in being at work and made us feel as if we were bothering him. He insulted my husband who ordered a dish from the "tapas" menu accusing him of not knowing what "tapas" even is because he only ordered one dish. Although the rolls were hot, clearly they were from a 12 pack of store bought rolls just heated. I ordered the tomato-mozzarella-basil quiche and salad and my salad had a dark black hair in it! Yuck! the quiche was pretty tasteless, but hot despite the taste. Our sever (who may have been the owner) claimed that he has the best Sangria in town, I beg to differ. It actually tasted very similar to something we concocted in college on a very small budget. My husband ordered the meatballs which seemed like frozen balls reheated with jar sauce. He also ordered a chicken dish which seemed dry and drowning in olive oil. In total our "light lunch" cost $50 and the best part was the beer my husband ordered in a bottle and the 5th Avenue action. Now we know why we were the ONLY people in the whole place for the entire 90 minutes we sat there. If you are walking down 5th Avenue and looking for a tasty meal, please do not bother with this restaurant; save your pennies and your time. Try Café Luna next door, they are always packed with people! I would have given the atmosphere a lower score but we sat outside on 5th and how can you go wrong with that!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Came here for a bottle of wine and some appetizers during lunch. Loved it so much we came back for dinner. Service was outstanding, food was superb. The wine list is extremely well-thought-out. This place won't draw your attention like all the other places on the street, but be glad it doesn't as you'd never get a table if everyone knew how great it is.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We were walking down the 5th, my wife is a seafood lover, so we decided to give it a shoot... She was interested on trying the paella, and when we sat, the party next table were having one, and they finished it all, that settled it...! We ordered it, though a little pricy (60 bucks for two); but it was worth it!!! The seasoning was great, wth a lot of "treats" on it; we definitively enjoyed it a lot!!!

Its not the most crowded place, with not the best ambiance, but the food and the staff compensated very well...

Reviewed February 8, 2013

$100 for 2 drinks and dinners (a veal and a pasta dish). Not impressed. Service was OK. Food was just average. For the top dollar charged expected better. Out door setting was nice. Wait staff seemed a bit disorganized. Would not recommend.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Strolled into this quaint little restaurant while walking along 5th ave in Naples. Great outdoor dining in a small patio area. Service was ok, I had the Special Langostino salad over Avocado which was absolutely amazing. My husband enjoyed the Churrasco Sandwhich prepared with Fresh tomatoes and Avocados. We enjoyed our lunch and will come back.