“Great food and wonderful food!”
Review of Bella Maria Cafe

Bella Maria Cafe
Ranked #488 of 1,012 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We are frequent diners on 5th avenue in downtown Naples . We dined at Bella Maria over the weekend and had a delicious meal . The service was excellent and the food was unbelievable! It's nice to have a dinner on 5th that is really worth the money. Great wine selection and elegant deserts!!! A must try.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We ate twice in one week at Bella Maria and we were pleasantly surprised. With all of the great restaurants on 5th Ave., this is a restaurant that we normally just walk right past. There is outside dining but the store front is pretty plain looking - it almost looks like a deli or market.

Bella Maria serves Spanish cuisine - paella, empanadas, corn pie. It is NOT Mexican (don't expect margaritas and tacos). On the first visit I have the seafood paella and it was delicious. It was a very large portion and it was even better heated up the second day. The seafood was cooked to perfection and the rice dish was perfect. It was a little salty but not excessive. One both visits we hd the corn pie, which is a great casserole of corn flour, chorizo and it even has a hard boiled egg in it. It is very tasty. We shared the arroz con pollo which was a great chicken and rice dish. We also tried their cheese/meat appetizer and the Manchego cheese was especially memorable.

The one complaint that I have is that the restaurant is solely understaffed. Franco does a great job trying to keep up with the demand but an additional waiter would provide for better service and a much less hectic ordering experience.

Try Bella Maria as a change from all of the Italian and seafood restaurants on 5th Ave.

1  Thank freqflyer1983
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Can't believe this is the first I have tried Bella Maria. Had a fabulous seafood salad that was fresh and wonderful loaded with fresh shrimp and lobster. Way better than what you get at some of the fancier restaurants such as Aqua or Verginias. Also shared a chicken dish with my sister that was served with yellow rice. Just Wonderful! Serve an excellent house chardonnay and offered an extensive wine selection. With an office on Fifth, this will be on our list for lunch daily and can not wait to try the paella and desserts!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Noticed on their board the great deal; salad or soup, main entree and dessert for $18.95 per person. I had the eggplant parmesan and my husband had the veal; both excellent, fresh dishes. Of course, the napoleon dessert is scrumptious! I dined here one other time and must mention the sangria and fruit tarts...you won't be disappointed. Franco was our waiter and was very helpful and pleasant. It was a beautiful evening so we dined outdoors.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I do not understand any of the negative reviews here. This place is a real find. I dined here on Wednesday, September 19, 2012.

I was completely surprised to find this real gem in Naples, FL. It was my first visit and it will be a definite destination every time I visit Naples. The food is fresh and delicious. Maria is classically-trained and it shows in everything from presentation to finishing touches. I just cannot say enough positive things about this restaurant. The shrimp were so fresh that my table was convinced they had a holding tank and scooped them out as needed. Carlos, our server, was cheerful, informative, and very accommodating.

We ordered from the daily specials menu. The House Salad was "presented" not served and was ample in portion, and oh so fresh. I sampled my son's Caesar Salad and it, too, was just perfect. The Shrimp Scampi was served over saffron rice (real saffron rice) that was cooked to perfection with just a hint of a bite. The sauce was more of a mojo that accented not overwhelmed. And, the Napolitan.... served with both fresh whipped cream and a dollop of creme fraiche.... that little extra that brought it to the top but not over it.

***** Five Stars and Nothing Less *****