“Exceeded our Expectations - What an Amazing Property!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Naples Bay Resort

Naples Bay Resort
Ranked #6 of 59 Hotels in Naples
South Florida
“Exceeded our Expectations - What an Amazing Property!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2010

I cannot say enough good things about our stay at the Naples Bay Resort. I surprised my mom, who has very expensive taste and like me is a world traveller, for Mother's Day with a little getaway to Naples, FL. I searched the internet travel discount sites which I use regularly and came across this property which looked amazing in the pictures.Kayak gave a further discount than the resort's Web site. I am a hotel snob and don't mind skimping on some things when I travel, but not accommodations - they have to be upscale and clean.

When I checked the accommodations, ammenities and location paired with their super-affordable rates and industry accreditations for superiority, I couldn't resist. Immediately after booking my reservation, I was contacted by the reservation team to alert me about an error I made. When I was given an option for the room rate, I chose the Florida resident's rate and was given a complimentary upgrade by the representative to make my mom's day getaway more special.

I received the reservation confirmation prompting me to contact the resort 3 days prior to my stay to let them know more about our trip so they could arrange anything we needed, make reservations at the spa, restaurant, etc. I heard back from the concierge gauranteeing me a perfect sunset and recommending Sunday brunch at their restaurant and offering to make a reservation for us.

Upon check-in, we were met by Roxanne at the desk who could not have been more pleasant and helpful. She was super nice, warm and friendly. The true epitomy of hospitality. I used to work in the industry so am used to all types of service and know great service as compared to really bad. I am a huge fan of the Ritz-Carlton brand and likened this to that type of philosophy... to go above and beyond - it's all about the guest.

She checked us in quickly so we could get to the Naples pier for the sunset with plenty of time to spare. Had our bags taken to our room for us to save time.

We booked a 2-bedroom villa with a canal view (comped upgrade to marina view) and when we walked thru the door, I was in instant heaven. It was stunning. Every last detail was paid attention to from cleanliness, size of the villa and the decor. The bathroom in the master was bigger than most NY apartments and included a shower that could fit eight people and a seperate jacuzzi tub which I had a hard time getting out of due to the relaxing time I spent in it.

It was a huge villa with tons of space, nicely decorated and comfortable. Full kitchen with granite, wood cabs and stainless steel appliances. We even had an enormous terrace overlooking the marina, where I sipped coffee and read, watching the sun creep over the property the morning after we arrived. My mom and I imagined all the fabulous dinner parties we could have on that terrace. She was simply blown away by the entire resort, staff and our stay and was already planning to go back with "the girls" for more fun in the near future.

The pool, located across the street from the resort at its own venue, was tropical and accommodating for all types - families or singles. The spa was lovely and the gym was full of new machines and plenty of them. I have seen my share of gyms and this was really nice.

There are a handful of boutiques below the resort (that make for a lovely walk around the marina), Bonefish Grill and the resort's own Olio - brunch was good but overpriced for what they offered - it was $113 for two... been to better for the same price.

What a resort! Go with family, a significant other, a group of friends or by yourself. Dock your boat there. Naples is a wonderful town full of charm and lots of things to do. If you come to South Florida, you should plan at least one day in Naples and by all means, stay at Naples Bay Resort. You will be so glad you did.

• Stayed May 2010
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
  • Polish first
Dunblane, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2010

This is the third time we have stayed in the Cottages and we had a great time. During the problems with the volcano we were required to vacate the Cottage and decided to try the Hotel (2 bed suite with marina view). The staff were very helpful and we had a great time for the last 3 days of our extended trip.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Deerfield Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2010

Stayed at this hotel and loved every minute of it. From the front desk to the pool side service everyone at the Naples Bay Resort was amazingly courteous and helpful - we even got upgraded to a suite without asking for an upgrade! Bed was heavenly and provided a great nights sleep. This hotel and staff truly are a gem in Naples.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Olympia, Wash
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2010

The 1 bedroom suite was tastefully decorated with quality furnishings and a good amount of space for a longer stay. I really appreciated that the room and resort were kept immaculately clean by staff. The kitchen included all the essentials; which like the rest of the suite furnishings were quality materials and in excellent condition. The inclusion of a clothes washer and dryer in the suite was convenient. Our room overlooking the canal was utterly quiet; we slept soundly.
Dinner at Olio at the resort was excellent (setting, service, and food).
The fitness center is extraordinarily well equipped for cardio and weight training.
Naples is well positioned for day trips to explore the Everglades.
Our visit was without issue. We'd readily stay there again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2010

My husband and I just got back from the most phenomenal weekend at the Naples Bay Resort! There was a mistake in our reservations, but the front office staff very graciously upgraded our room to rectify the situation. The bellhop (Doug) was a wonderful welcome into the elegance of this hotel. He oriented us and was very knowledgeable about places to go and things to do in the area. The room was plush and exquisite - so well appointed with incredible attention to detail (we are ready to move in)! The concierge (Marilyn) could not have been more accomodating. She gave us all the information we needed to choose dinners for our two night stay and then made the
reservations for us (we need a Marilyn at home - can we take her home with us?).

Dinner the first night was at M Waterfront Grill, a romantic setting on the water, with melt-in-your-mouth food, great service, and the pleasure of meeting the delightful and talented chef. The second night we dined at Roy's, also a romantic water setting, where we were greeted by a sign in front of the menu welcoming us by name! There we had another amazing meal topped off with a not-t-be-missed chocolate souffle (compliments of the hotel - there is just no end to that fabulous Marilyn!). We also had a mouthwatering breakfast at the hotel's restaurant (olio's) one morning and yummy lunch out by the beautiful pool (don't miss the Cuban sandwich).

We rented a boat for one of the days of our stay and Captain John and his co-worder (didn't catch his name) were knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful in keeping with everyone at this oasis. The boat was clean and beautiful and rode like a dream. The area is peaceful and beautiful with powdery white sand beaches and turquoise water to enjoy.

On the last day of our stay, Dereck, the front office manager, granted our wish for a late check-out, completing an absolutely perfect vacation (we really wanted a late check-out sometime in May!). The Naples Bay Resort is absolutely awsome. Everyone was so warm, welcoming, friendly, and helpful... we are relaxed, well fed, and so happy... we just cannot rave enough!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank perfectlovers
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2010

Wow! Wonderful large room with a kitchen. Great view out on the Canal & Marina next door.
Luxurious bathroom, appointments & towels.
Bonefish Restaurant is right on the grounds, and other restaurants. The location on 5th st. makes for a few block walk, or a short drive to Naples downtown shopping area. We enjoyed our stay and were reluctant to leave. This premium priced hotel delivers good value!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2010

I came to Naples, with friends, looking for a tranquil, elegant, and friendly place to stay at.

I stopped at many places: The Ritz Carlton (both), The Naples Grande Resort, The Naples Beach Resort, and so on, but none came close to what I found at the Naples Bay Resort.

This place is gorgeous! The architecture of the place reminds me of Venice and its entrance lobby is all mosaic tiles. It is rare to see art incorporated unto floors, but they managed to pull it off.

The staff is stupendous. I received a warm greeting every time I passed by the lobby area, and their recommendations on places to mingle were spot on. The valet and shuttle services were prompt and professional. I was not disappointed one time while being there, and I am not an easy person to please.

The food is mouth-watering and my friends and I were smitten with the Club area; we were there everyday, after we had had our share of their all-organic spa treatments, that is.

Needless to say, I was very sad to go, but I will be back. I recommend this place to anyone looking for anything that is worthwhile. I give them two-thumbs up.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends