“Fabulous 2nd Stay!”

Ranked #4 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Miami, Florida
“Fabulous 2nd Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

I have written only one prior hotel review (all positive!) and it was for Naples Bay Resort. Because our second stay here was even more wonderful than the first, I felt the need to write one again. I just can't say enough about how great this resort is! We were there 3 years ago for my husband's 50th birthday and decided it had been too long since that trip and made the smart choice to return for his 53rd. Wow! What a weekend! The staff at this resort resort is top-notch... from reservations (Amber), to front desk (Roxanne!), to concierge (Marilyn & Bobbi) to new employee, Harry who greeted us and helped with our luggage, as well as shuttled us to town... they are all just fabulous! As return guests and there for a special occasion, they all just seemed to go above and beyond to make our weekend special... from upgrading our room to providing a surprise birthday gift for my husband which was just so NICE and always calling us by name when they saw us... just these touches made it an even better experience... it felt like going home! The room was HUGE and beautiful and clean and so comfortable. Such a joy. We loved returning to Bonefish Grill for drinks and snacks and also had a wonderful breakfast which was delicious and reasonably priced. Then of course, there was the tennis!! We are fanatics and play for a couple hours at least every weekend so having such GREAT clay courts on which to play was a dream! We made sure to take advantage of that both days. To have a resort with their own courts was extremely important to us... great perk! After tennis on Saturday we decided to give boating a try and boy was that the right choice. Big, beautiful, clean, comfortable boats to rent right at the resort? Why wouldn't you?? A perfect day going out to the Snook Inn at Marco Island followed by a nice dip in the ocean anchored up at a nice little patch of beach... calm, quiet and so relaxing! We made sure to take advantage of the shuttle service the hotel provides for a nominal fee and headed into town for drinks and dinner on both Friday and Saturday night... and of course, the beach to watch the sunset. The pool is nice and the Bluewater Bar & Grill is a great place to get fun drinks and good food.. and of course, seeing the same faces we saw 3 years ago was another pleasure (Adam & Michael). Great service!! Obviously, I can't seem to say enough about this resort but I will end it here and just say.... WE CAN'T WAIT TO RETURN! And this time, it won't be 3 years before we do again!!!!! Thank you Naples Bay Resort for making my husband's birthday a trip to remember!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa E
PhillipStarling, General Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
mellis2367

Thank you not only for the time you took to write your review of Naples Bay Resort but also for your continued support. We appreciate that you chose to stay with us once again and for such a fun occasion.

Between the weekend full of tennis and the adventure into waters off Naples Bay, it sounds like you both celebrated in luxurious style. It is great to hear that all our team members left you with wonderful memories. They really make the difference, making a trip away from home feel more like coming back to your home away from home. We are looking forward to celebrating many birthdays with you for many years to come!

Phillip Starling

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Polish first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I accompanied my husband to the Naples Bay Resort, while he was there for a continuing education seminar. The resort was lovely. We had a one bedroom villa with a large, clean, new and well equipped kitchen, two full baths and a comfortable balcony with a marina view. It was definitely a place where we could have stayed and been very happy for an extended vacation. The resort is not beach side, and "Club" where the pool and spa are located is a couple of blocks away (the only negative). It's an easy enough walk, if you're inclined to do that, but if not, there's a shuttle or you can take your car and there's ample parking there. Once at the Club, you can go into the gym and work out or take a yoga class (I took Gentle Yoga), use the spa services (I had a Swedish massage, which was just okay), and go to the pool. The locker room at the spa is nicely appointed, clean and well-equipped and I stashed all my stuff in a free, nice, clean & large locker for the day, while I went to the pool, which connects directly to the spa. The setup is great. The gym, spa, pool and restaurant are all connected, so it's really comfortable and easy to just relax and enjoy all the services and go easily from one to another. Also, all the food I are was really good--I had two meals at the poolside restaurant and both were fresh and flavorful. I also partook of the breakfast in my husband's seminar. There was abundant fresh fruit, pastries (which I didn't taste), good coffee and breakfast burritos that you can tell were freshly made and hadn't been sitting around in a chafing dish for a long while. When I discovered they had bacon inside, which I don't eat, the wait staff happily made me two new fresh burritos with no bacon. All in all, we're happy we discovered this resort in Naples, and if we can go to another continuing ed course there again, I'll book the place for longer!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Travelmommy3
PhillipStarling, General Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
TravelMommy3

Thank you for taking a few moments to write up such a fantastic review of your time at Naples Bay Resort. Such a lovely retreat, being able to join your husband while he attends a seminar here on property. You did a marvelous job of taking advantage of your time here, imbibing in massages and dining al fresco poolside. I like the way you vacation! You are both welcome back anytime to better explore all that Naples has to offer. The beaches are marvelous, the boat rentals available at our marina make adventuring convenient, and Fifth Avenue South shops and restaurants are just the icing on the cake. Hope to see you and your family soon!

Naples, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is the place to stay if you want to take control of your vacation and have access to all of the amenities you would have at home.

You really feel like you're living in a beautiful Naples community when you stay here. The apartment/condo units are beautiful, clean, and well-equipped. You've got a washer/dryer, flat screen tv, full kitchen including dishwasher and ice-making fridge. The bathroom is huge. Ours had 2 sections, each with a toilet, a bathtub/shower, and a stall shower. The balcony was very nice, with plenty of modern seating, including a rocking sofa and outdoor ceiling fan. Housekeeping were great and super friendly when we ran into them.

The front desk is located in the main building, and depending on where you are staying, it could be a bit of a walk. The pool/fitness club is also a bit of a walk, although they do provide a shuttle. I don't think it's worth the hassle though. Prepare yourself to do some walking around. The concierge Marilyn is glamorous and so helpful. She's a lovely woman who does her job well.

The pools are great. I loved the infinity pool although I will say that you're left to pretty much fend for yourself. You can expect a plethora of crazy kids in the main pool; luckily there's an adults only pool which is lovely. The pool side cafe/restaurant is nothing to write home about. The fellow manning the counter seemed to have more of an interest in his iPhone than serving customers. I had to pull him away from his socializing in order to sign my bill!

When we checked out on the early morning of July 13, the individual at the front desk had decided she didn't want to wear her shoes and was doing her job with ankle gym socks on. This is a luxury resort, isn't it?

I think there's a bit of tweaking that needs to go on here but I would recommend staying here. Looking forward to going back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
UrbanLeo

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your visit with us at Naples Bay Resort. I deeply apologize for the lapse in exceptional service we have come to pride ourselves in. We know the individuals that you mentioned and the issues that you brought up will be addressed and prevented in the future.

Your time here appears to have been filled with relaxation, leaving you with great memories. I will personally let Marilyn know that you found her to be helpful and glamorous. I think that she is deserving of both those titles; she truly makes staying here a breeze!

I sincerely hope that you visit us again in the near future. We know you will experience more 5-star moments and make some new wonderful memories!

Islamorada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

We spent 3 nights at the Naples Bay this past weekend. The room was fantastic, the view was great, it was like a mini Portofino. We stayed here last year and absolutely loved it. The size of the rooms are unbelievable, spacious with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths, full kitchen, with everything you need. My favorite thing about this hotel is the lazy river, it is so relaxing, just going around and hanging, including 3 other pools and Jacuzzis . Amazing place with a Bonefish Grill on property!!

Room Tip: We stayed at the main hotel, as we did on our last stay, there are cottages but we were told by patr...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank alimoon69
PhillipStarling, General Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
alimoon69

Thank you for taking the time to write a review if your experiences at Naples Bay Resort. It is such a testament to the staff and this property to have our guess return year after year. I am thrilled to learn that you are one of those guests.

The lazy river is certainly one of the more relaxing ways to spend a vacation. Add in some cocktails, lunch by the pool, a nap in a cabana, dinner at Bonefish Grill, and you've got the stuff vacation dreams are made of. Hope you visit us again soon to relive this all over again.

Clarksville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

I spent 6 nights at the resort at the beginning of June 2014. From the moment I called the reservation line to the moment we left, the staff was impeccable. I called the reservation line inquiring about a military discount. The friendly woman gave me a great rate for a standard hotel room. I told her it would be a few days before I could book because I had to get a hold of my husband, who was deployed, to confirm with him. She immediately offered a room upgrade to show her thanks for his service.

We rented a car (a must if you are driving from Fort Lauderdale airport) and arrived after dinner. The marina view suite was huge and more than enough space for the two of us. The full kitchen is a huge plus. We used the rental to grab groceries at the Publix.

After other reviewers complained about the "walk" to the main pool area I was expecting the worst. Are we kidding?? I don't understand what the complaining was about. If you are so out of shape that you can't walk a few buildings over they have a shuttle that will take you. But it will take you longer to get in and out of the shuttle than it will to walk.

My husband is a nut for lazy rivers. It was one of the big draws to this property. It didn't disappoint. The adult area section was heaven. (up until our last day when they closed the main pool and allowed the kids to take over the adult area). We spent most of our time here. The fitness center was small, but adequate for a vacation. Plenty of treadmills, machines and such. It was also convenient to have towels at the pool for guests.

We ate breakfast on the bay our first morning before we had a chance to go to the grocery store. We sat right next to the pool. It was perfect. The buffet was huge and very good. Typically priced for a resort. The waitress (Susan I believe) recommended a few attractions and restaurants. The best turned out to be The Turtle Club restaurant on the beach.

We rented one of the boats and followed the dummy proof map that the staff gave us to a beach and restaurants. My husband has been driving boats most of his life and he said the boats could easily be driven by non-experienced drivers. We anchored just shy of the gulf on the bay side and were able to walk around the beach to the gulf. The beaches were like flour and the water was warm. We rode out an afternoon storm by docking at the waterside Snook Inn restaurant. It was definitely our best day.

We couldn't wait to eat at Bonefish. It is one of our favorite restaurants and don't have one in our military town. The service was great and the food was excellent. It was perfect for a late dinner when we first arrived.

The town was quiet and low key. So many restaurants and lots of shopping.

Our last fully day we took the resort shuttle to the beach. They gave us an umbrella and beach chairs and dropped us off at the pier. You couldn't get any easier than that. We wished we had done it earlier in the week.

We celebrated our anniversary mid-week and the concierge sent up strawberries and champagne. We enjoyed it on the balcony during sunset. What an amazing touch.

After a long deployment this was exactly what we needed. I can't say enough about the amazing staff. I have been to many resorts and hotels this one ranks in the top 5 for customer service.

Room Tip: Marina view was great. If you have kids I would pick a room in the cottages.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ryan H
PhillipStarling, General Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Ryan H

Thank you to your and your entire family for your military service. It does not go unappreciated and we are thrilled to have provided you with a wonderful vacation after a long, arduous deployment.

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of your experience with us at Naples Bay Resort. Happy anniversary and welcome home to your husband! I am so glad that the whole visit was everything you wanted it to be. The beaches and nearby shops and restaurants that you mentioned make staying at Naples Bay Resort that much more enjoyable. There is something new to do every day, no matter how long you stay here.

I sincerely hope that you and your family are able to stay with us again in the future. You are all welcome here anytime.

St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

What an amazing time at the Naples Bay Resort! Gorgeous waterfront resort, excellent customer service, pristine surroundings, not to mention the incredibly delicious onsite, fine dining restaurant, Mereday. Shops along the Marina, a short walk to more shopping, impeccably clean rental boats, a fleet of Mercedes vans to shuttle you to downtown restaurants, the beach and shopping. The rooms were spacious, and meticulously clean! I cannot say enough great things about the entire staff... from check in to check out the staff was gracious, friendly, and accommodating. Breakfast buffet at the yacht club was varied and delicious and the smiling friendly wait staff were delightful! A great start to the day! Definitely reserve one of the boats and explore the surrounding area... the Ship Store staff are extremely helpful with directions and advice! I can honestly say this is one of the nicest resorts I have stayed at.... and I consider myself well-traveled! Will definitely be returning soon!

Room Tip: Request a marina view room! But you can't go wrong in any of them!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Marisa S

First off, thank you for writing such a thorough review of your time at Naples Bay Resort. But also, thank you so much for including such beautiful photos of your time here. While we are on the subject, make sure you submit them to the Personal Luxury Resorts and Hotels Facebook page with #PLRHmemories to be entered for a chance to win one of thirteen vacation packages! Great opportunity to experience some of our sister hotels.

It sounds like you had a wonderful time here. Glad that you were able to rent one of our incredible Hurricane Deck Boats and experience Naples, Florida from the water. Mereday's Fine Dining here on property makes the whole resort stand out and we are lucky to have them here. We genuinely hope that your future visits with us remain as memorable and fantastic as this first.

St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

This is my second time at Naples Bay Resort. What keeps me coming back? The clean rooms with kitchens and laundry facilities and they are pet friendly too! The grounds, the customer service, the restaurants, shops, ship store, boating, are all excellent. Then there are the surrounding shops and restaurants - wow! I grew up in Naples and left in 1980. I'm glad I decided to come and visit! This is my quarterly mini-vacation spot! Can't wait to return at the end of November!

Room Tip: Marina view...can't beat it!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Andrea G
Andrea G

So glad that you returned to the wonderful Naples, Florida and chose to stay with us at Naples Bay Resort. Coming home is always made that much more enjoyable when you have a luxurious place to lay your head at night. It sounds like you had a wonderful time here and were able to explore all the wonderful amenities, including our boat rentals, restaurants, and nearby shops! Hope that your future visit in November is just as wonderful!