“Wonderful resort, but some disappointment”
Review of Naples Bay Resort

Naples Bay Resort
Ranked #5 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Newington, Connecticut
“Wonderful resort, but some disappointment”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Upon entering this beautiful resort, we were very excited for our stay. It was a wonderful property - super clean and the room was just wonderful. We stayed in a room that overlooked the boats. It really was beautiful. Upon arriving we were given the "bad news" that the resort no longer was affiliated with the other part of the resprt and all of its ammenities. While they did offer a discount to the nightly room rate, there was nothing else done. Of course a discount should have been offered, in my opinion. I asked for something such as a discount on the boat rental we were doing, dinner discount, bottle of wine.... nothing was offered. In addition to this, when I called to book the boat I was told that they provide a lunch to bring on the boat - that was no longer offered either. I was really disappointed at the way they handled this and didn't seem to want to do anything to make it better. Once again a beautiful property - but we lost alot of what we wanted to come for. I am in the business of customer service and was very let down by how this was handled.

Room Tip: Room over looking the boats! We were in room 310!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
PhillipStarling, General Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
cacfla

Let me apologize for your experience at Naples Bay Resort. Unfortunately, during your stay with us, we were, as you stated, experiencing some very sudden changes that we were entirely unprepared for.

In terms of compensation to our guests for the inconvenience, we did offer complimentary breakfast in the lobby, discounted room rates, transportation was provided to the Briggs Wellness Center, among other things. We are sorry if you were not able to take advantage of these temporary amenity changes.

Now that Naples Bay Resort has been restored to normal operating procedures, we know that your future visits will be much more satisfactory and meet all your expectations.

Phillip Starling

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (481)
  • Polish first
Miami
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Stayed here a few years back and enjoyed it. This stay was problematic. A couple of days before, I received a phone call that we would not have access to the yacht club. This did not concern me at the time because I did not realize the yacht club was where most of the amenities. Thankfully it was resolved when I checked in. Unfortunately, the front desk staff did not tell us that we had to enter the facility from the front gate. We had to discover that on our own. It would have been nice if they would have told us there was a continental breakfast available on Saturday. We saw it after eating elsewhere. When our room was cleaned, dirty towels were removed, had to call to get clean ones. On the day of checkout. We walked out of the room early in the morning and tried to get back in. Room keys were already deactivated. Another trip to the front desk. Little aggravations everyday lead to a less enjoyable stay.

• Stayed June 2014
PhillipStarling, General Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Stinkykimchee

Let me apologize for your experience at Naples Bay Resort. There were so many things that took us by surprise and it was difficult to translate all the changes in real time to all the guests. It was not our intention to leave anyone confused or unsure of what was taking place before and during their stay. Hopefully, this sort of thing never happens again. But should changes of this caliber come up again, we will know to better communicate with our guests regarding the amended amenities. As for the housekeeping and front desk issues, those are not standard for our hotel in terms of performance and will be addressed to ensure they don't negatively impact guest experiences again.

Thankfully, all of this has been cleared up. The Club and Yacht Club are open to all the hotel guests. Breakfast on the Bay has been reinstated. And everything that Naples Bay Resort has worked hard to curate is back to how it should be. We know that in the future, your visit will be everything you expect it to be and more!

Reviewed June 28, 2014

After staying at the Naples Hilton for a work function we drove by The Naples Bay Resort and immediately my 7 yr old daughter remembered us staying there last year. So needless to say she convinced my husband and I to check into the Resort and extend our Naples stay and extra night.

So as we drove up to the valet stand my Husband and I were wondering if Tony (Who drove us to and from the resort from the CLUB area the year before) was still there and whether he would remember us from last year. Upon pulling up Tony caught glimpse of us and immediately knew who we were and gave us a grand welcome. The front desk staff is friendly and courteous. The kids absolutely love the pool area and we have a great time. The Marina view rooms are awesome especially at night when you sit out on the balcony. The rooms are clean and the Bathrooms are gorgeous! This is an easy choice when staying in the Naples area for us and we will be back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Monique G
PhillipStarling, General Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Monique G

Thanks to your daughter for remembering us at Naples Bay Resort. It is fantastic that we left such a great impression on such a sweet girl. We are thrilled with her power of suggestion to bring your whole family back.

I recognize you all from your photos on Instagram and Twitter. It's so great to see guests connecting with us via social media! It's fun to see how all our Naples guests go out and #makewaves! Really glad that you enjoyed yourself the second time around. Hope the third visit is just as memorable!

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We thought we booked a suite, we got just a room. The suites are separate from their hotel. The hotel has a separate small pool, which was not indicated as such online, we booked because of seeing the pics of a beautiful pool and lazy river. We were told upon arrival the pool/lazy river was closed. The room was clean and quiet. The hotel and grounds pretty and clean. The water/boat view very pretty. The bathroom lighting over the sink was too dim. There was one fine dining restaurant on site and a Bonefish Grill. There's a water taxi to transport you for $5/day per person all day use. When I inquired what the pool/lazy river is "closed" meant I was asked "didn't they call you?" I told the front desk "no". I further had to ask if it was for the day, a few days, etc. I was finally told the pool/lazy river is for suite guests, permanent residents, and renters of perm residents when the residents aren't there. She continued to say perm residents can rent their units through them or on their own. I told her the pool was the reason we booked. She did not offer a free breakfast, or discount, or apology. We will not return to this location, we will stick with our old favorite hotel there that's charming, quiet, and a block from the 5th Ave dining/shopping.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank scford70
scford70

I will personally apologize for the experience you had here at Naples Bay Resort recently. But I am also happy to report that all the unfortunate changes that took place during your stay have been reversed and operations are back to as they should be. It is terrible that our guests were affected by all of this and we worked hard to mitigate the problems that arose during that time. There was complimentary breakfast available in the front lobby during your whole stay and I'm sorry that was not made obvious to you by a member of our staff.

I do hope that you give us a second chance so that you can experience Naples Bay Resort for what it truly is!

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed June 26, 2014

My wife and I recently celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary by treating ourselves to a week at the Naples Bay Resort last weekend. WOW, what an experience!! From arrival through checkout every aspect of this resort charming hotel truly exceeded our expectations. We loved the scenic hotel pool down in the marina area. It was so relaxing to lay on the lounger as all of the beautiful boats passed by. We bought some beer and wine from the friendly folks at the Ships Store and were told that we could also order custom made sandwiches that could be delivered to us. We opted out because we were so full from the awesome complimentary continental breakfast in a cozy section of the lobby area. We especially loved that because we had a chance to talk to some of the other guests and meet some new friends! The staff was so friendly and helpful. The bell staff transported us in Mercedes Sprinters downtown to the charming areas of 5th Avenue South and 3rd. Street when we needed… Too many amazing restaurants to choose from! This resort is so perfectly situated to downtown and sometimes we walked just so we could observe the beauty of the area.

All in all, we were treated like royalty and we can’t wait to return soon!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jim m
PhillipStarling, General Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
jim m

Happy Anniversary to you and yours. So glad that you chose to come stay with us during such a celebratory time. I am beyond thrilled that you enjoyed yourselves and that we were able to help you have a memorable experience while visiting Naples Bay Resort.

The marina pool is really quite the oasis, providing you with views that can't be found anywhere else. A little beer and wine from the Ship Store certainly make it that make better! The nearby downtown area is so much fun to visit. The delicious restaurant options make every night a culinary adventure, and you were wise to take advantage of it. Hope you come back during your next holiday for a repeat experience!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I was so fortunate to stay at the Naples Bay Resort the weekend of the 19-23 of June. I visit Naples FL often and have had the best time at this resort no matter what time of the year.
The staff is exceptional, from the minute I arrive, the guys at the parking deck are amazing. They are so helpful and courteous and even in the sweltering heat, they always manage to make me feel right at home.
The pool is awesome. It sits in the best secluded area where you can watch the million dollar yachts float by and catch the best rays ever... the pool service is amazing as well. I was not able to use the fitness center this visit, a change that was recently made, but I was not upset as the staff was so kind to suggest and drive me to the fitness centers close by. ( Of course I ran!!as I needed to burn off the calories from the restaurants that were suggested to me from the most incredible concierge ever. Marilyn Soffer has been with the resort as long as I have visited and is truly the epitome of a professional, over the top concierge. I have traveled to many 5 star destinations and have never been treated as amazingly as Marilyn has treated me, from making sure my tennis lessons were booked,to suggesting the best restaurants in Naples. I noticed that she treated ALL of her clients the same no matter where they were from or what language they spoke. She is invaluable to that resort. I always look forward to my next visit to the NBR...

Room Tip: The staff is always willing to help with upgrades, especially off season. But even in the height of...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Spenzac I
Spenzac I

Thank you so much for writing up a review of your most recent visit to Naples Bay Resort. I have already passed on this review to Marilyn. I agree that she is truly an asset to this property. We hear time and time again that she is nothing but wonderful with our guests, providing them with top-notch service and memorable experiences. We can't thank her enough!

We know that you have numerous choices when it comes to places to stay in Naples, Florida, and we really appreciate that, despite the current changes taking place, you chose to stick it out with us. We are working hard to reach a solution that all sides can agree upon, and I am happy to know that you were able to have a great time during your stay. Hope that you come back for a return visit soon!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have just returned from a wonderful escape at Naples Bay resort and am really surprised to see the recent review of the resort by an unhappy guest and I almost wondered if we were both staying at the same refuge! It is because of this that I am writing to chime in that I and my family stayed there over the same time period and had a very different experience! But then it has been known to be said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and to my eye the Naples Bay resort and its wonderful staff is a real beauty! It is nestled on the Gordon river within a moments stroll to dowtown naples. But there is also a Mercedes sprint to shuttle you wherever you may want to go including the briggs wellnness center, which is a state of the art wellness facility with many classes and a lap pool for anyone needing to work off any extra calories from the complimentary breakfast awaiting you in the gracious lobby.
The staff, from the front desk , to the valet, to the houskeeping and to the superb concierge , truly went out of their way, went the extra mile to make our stay was really memorable, really unique and personable. They booked us spa retreats, restaurants reservations and even boat tours of the bay. We were there during this change over time but if this is what it has changed to then change can only be a good thing!! And long may itt last! I plan on heading there again and often and I only hope you do the same thing too!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Margaret O
MargaretO

Thank you for writing up such a generous review of your time at Naples Bay Resort. Despite the changes that have recently been made, it was fantastic that you were able to have a wonderful experience. We have been working hard to reach a resolution with all parties. But I am more excited to know that your stay was affected in the best way possible. This whole situation has actually given us some better insight into our guests and what they have come to enjoy while at our property. And your review contributes to that! So, again, thank you for sticking it out with us and for writing a complimentary review. We appreciate it from all angles.