Naples Bay Resort
Bayfront Inn 5th Ave(Naples)(Great Value!)
$115
$104
Ramada Naples(Naples)(Great Value!)
$113
$95
Inn of Naples(Naples)(Great Value!)
$99
Trianon Old Naples(Naples)(Great Value!)
$178
$788
$629
RitzCarlton.com
  • Beachfront
Best Western Naples Inn & Suites(Naples)(Great Value!)
$145
$481
$389
  • Beachfront
1,747 results
All reviewslazy riverbonefish grillmarina viewthe cottagesnaples bayfull kitchenmarilyn sofferhealth clubbedroom cottagepool areatin citywasher dryerboat rentalsshuttle servicetennis courtsmain poolan adult
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We had a two bedroom suite. The property is very nice and our suite was very modern and clean. The pool area was a bit of a walk, or you could take a shuttle ride-kind of disappointing. The location was just not the best, at least for us. We envisioned being able to walk to shopping-you could, but it was a very busy road (41-Tamiami Trail) and was not quite what we had envisioned. I would give our room/suite 5 stars, but due to the location and the pool situation, it is more of a four.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PPKKCC
Lisa D, Guest Relations Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear PPKKCC,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience while visiting at the Naples Bay Resort! We apologize that you were somewhat disappointed in that shopping and restaurants were not as easily accessible as you would have liked; as we are spread out over 22 acres, it can be difficult to try and incorporate everything for everyone.

While the rooms leave nothing to be desired ~~I fully understand how you would like to walk to places, whether it be shopping or dinner ~~as the evenings in the area are truly fantastic. While taking a shuttle to the downtown area or the beach may seem undesirable, it can sometimes be a great positive - as you may wish a quick ride back to the room after a long day in the sun and/or an enjoyable dinner with friends or family in town. We have found it to be true on both aspects ~~as is anyones personal opinions about what matters to them.

We would hope that our services, staff and accommodations would provide the leverage to have you return to the Resort periodically and be able to enjoy your time with us and still walk or stroll in and around the Naples area.

We truly appreciate your comments and feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We chose Naples Bay due to the proximity to beach (5 minute drive), shopping and restaurants (walking distance). We stayed in the hotel part in a 2 bedroom. It was more of a condo/hotel room just based on the size of it. It had 2 bathrooms and was huge. Very well appointed with a full kitchen and nice patio to get some sun. Be WARNED, there is a big difference in location between the hotel and the "cottages" (both condo style). If you had a young family, like we did, I would recommend the cottages due to the proximity of the pool (which is great). It had a nice shallow walk in area, lazy river, and bar nearby.
We had some maintenance issues in the first day. Hot water, t.v., etc, but they were fixed unbelievably fast. I was quite impressed with this. Overall a good visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank canadacoast2coast
Lisa D, Guest Relations Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Canadacoast,

Thank you for the wonderful review of the Naples Bay Resort! We are thrilled and delighted you enjoyed your stay. Our location is one of the best for proximity to most everything! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We chose the Naples Bay Resort based on the comments on Trip Advisor and booked a two bedroom cottage for a week.
Cottage is rather a misleading name as the 'cottages' were a complex of condos. However it was spacious, superficially clean and with one exception, comfortable. But a series of small issues dropped my rating down to average.
a)The receptionist was efficient, but not very friendly. She seemed more concerned with getting me to sign forms and explaining about the towel cards than finding out what my needs were.
b) The cottages are on a separate site, across a road (albeit not a very busy one), it was about a five minute walk
c) The receptionist did not explain that, apart from breakfast, that the hotel had no restaurant and no bar. This problem was compounded as the room did not contain any information about the hotel or the surrounding area. There are two good restaurants on the hotel site, we phoned the receptionist to ask if we needed to book, she said no and also failed to tell us that they were not part of the hotel. We found this out when we went to the restaurant, Bonefish, and had to wait nearly an hour as we had not booked.
d) After nearly 12 hours travelling we arrived in the room gasping for a drink. But, despite there being a coffee maker, that there was no coffee, no tea. no bottled water, no sugar and no milk. Not what we expected from a four star hotel - after all even the most basic hotel chains provide this service. Admittedly, when we mentioned this to reception the following morning, they gave us a supply
e) While the place looked clean, several housekeeping issues arose - there were no tea towels and no kitchen roll, making wiping of washed pots impossible. When we first used the Jacuzzi, black globs of dirt came out of the vents. And the pillows were dreadful - half were soft and flat the other hard and lumpy. To add insult to injury we were charged $150 on leaving for housekeeping!!
f) On day three, when we had returned from town to use the facilities in the room rather than public ones, our door keys failed to open the door - they had been set for 2 days despite the fact that we had prepaid for seven. We waited an uncomfortable 10 minutes before engineering arrived with new keys. We got an apology and a bag from the receptionist at The Club for the inconvenience.
So what could have been a really excellent stay turned out to be average because of lack of attention to detail.....which is what we pay for by going to a four star hotel and not a run of the mill chain.

2  Thank Joan C
Lisa D, Guest Relations Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear Joan C,

Thank you for choosing Naples Bay Resort for your recent visit to Naples. Unfortunately, I’m sorry to read that the lack of attentiveness of staff members and the scarcity of information in your room took away from your overall visit. While It is extremely disappointing to receive an average review, it does provide us with the opportunity to train and improve overall areas of customer service. We have recently revamped the in-room binders and must have missed placing the general information within your unit. The information packets would include most of the items you discussed. For that I am very sorry.
When one of our guests leaves less than 100% satisfied, it is disheartening to everyone. Everything we do here at the Naples Bay Resort is tailored toward providing our guests with the best experience possible, and I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments.
I Thank you again for choosing the Naples Bay Resort and for sharing your experience. If I may be of any assistance now, or in the future, please feel free to contact me directly.

239-530-5102

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stayed for 8 days over the new year period, thinking we would have a terrific new Year's Eve experience. We were totally disappointed. This 'hotel' has no bar, no relaxing areas and nowhere to eat. The only 2 places to eat (neither of which belong to the hotel) - One restaurant is so expensive with a menu that no-one can understand (hence it was empty most of the time) and the other so full you had to beg for a table.

When I booked months beforehand I spoke to Zac and asked him what the hotel did not New Year's Eve. He told me 'in previous years there has been a dinner in the Yacht Club'. Very nice! so we booked. In truth there was no 'do' and the Yacht Club which is only used for breakfast and is closed promptly by the rude irritable staff as soon as the last guest has left each morning.

Granted the hotel is in lovely surroundings with yachts, however most of the 'shoppes' as they refer to them are closed or empty - and who wants a doggie parlour on vacation!

When we were checked in by Roxanne, we were given our one-bedroom suite on the first floor. Lovely as it was, we went out onto the balcony and could hardly see anything as the palm trees were in the way. We spoke to Roxanne who changed our suite to the one below. The member of staff who moved us said the management are aware of this and many guests complain. Why then do the management do nothing about it when guests pay huge amounts of money to stay there and pay extra for a view?

As stated we were EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED to find there was not bar to relax in.

Breakfast in the Yacht Club - what an experience! the staff are unbelievably rude. I asked for English tea and you would have thought I had asked for something impossible to get. I told the waitress that I would walk back to reception to ask myself, and only then did she make an effort to enquire herself. Half a box of teabags arrived and they gave me the box. I told them to put them into the box they had on the bar top and I would get one everyday. I was told to take the whole box and keep it 'because other guests would take them'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am clearly missing something here - if other guests (and we met another family from the UK who wanted English tea) would like English tea - is that not what they have paid for? this attitude was carried on throughout the week. The table was dressed with ONE knife, ONE fork, and ONE dessert spoon (more like Joe's Caff! than a really expensive hotel) when we asked for another knife for toast, so we didn't have to use one covered in egg, the response was unbelievable and the waitress argued with us. My husband just took another knife from the neighbouring table.

The pool by the Yacht Club - there was only 8 beds by the pool and guests were walking away as there was nowhere to sit. We asked a member of the hotel staff who did eventually find 2 more beds for us to use. As stated earlier the Yacht Club was promptly closed after breakfast so there was nowhere to get a drink or food whilst sitting around the bar. Plenty of notices saying you must not bring your own food or drink to the bar but guests, including us, were having to go to their rooms and get their own. I was told the guys hiring the boats would go over the to the main pool ( a long way to go to the cottage area) if we gave them our order. When I enquired in the boat hire shop - 3 guys laughed at me and said no and one, I assume the Manager covering his backside, said yes he would. When I asked why 3 said no and one said yes, they said they used to provide this service but don't anymore. Why then isn't the Yacht Club available with enough beds for guests to relax on. This is supposed to be a top class hotel in Naples. This is absolutely appalling for the amount of money we paid.
The main annoyance were the smokers, who were allowed to walk around smoking everywhere, except of course near the restaurant. As they couldn't smoke in or near the restaurant, they stood under our balcony which was most unpleasant for us. The hotel staff did nothing. Strange as notices in the hotel room threatened to charge vast amounts of money to have the room and balcony de-fumed but they let diners from the restaurant smoke anywhere.
We tried the main pool another day but vastly overcrowded and again not enough beds for the guests.
What exactly does this hotel think they provide in the way of service and amenities? I can't believe some of the 'wonderful' comments made. They cannot only be from people who stay in what is known as the 'cottages' because the 'hotel' part ONLY provides a very nice suite for which the price is extortionate considering the lack of amenities.
The breakfast staff were beside themselves with excitement when new beds arrived - on the day we left! Why didn't management make sure there wree enough beds over the holiday period? The hotel will now be empty until the spring Break.

To be fair, when we missed breakfast on the fist morning because we overslept the reception manager gave us vouchers to use at the large pool bar but apart from that our New Year vacation at the wonderfully names Naples Bay Resort was marred by the lack of: no bar, no relaxing area overlooking the marina, smokers everywhere they could be, not enough poolside beds by either pools, poor breakfast staff, who need lessons in making guests feel 'special' and no food or drink service at all by the small pool.

This is not a 'hotel' or 'resort' which, by the way, charges a large daily 'resort fee' so avoid this place as it does not have a lot to offer other than if you are a family staying in the self catering 'cottages' and only want to use the pool everyday.

Really wished we had left this hotel on New Years Day because of the lack of amenities and the terrible service.

3  Thank Wyld0ne

Dear Wyld0ne,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Naples Bay Resort and providing us with your detailed and candid comments regarding your visit. Although our overall goal is to exceed your expectations, and while our team regularly achieves those goals, we are very disheartened that we missed the mark in several areas of your recent visit. We understand that there are a variety of options to you as a guest and where you reside, that we wholeheartedly apologize for the situations that you spoke about in your review.

While our location, service and amenities are usually spot on for our guests, I am sorry for the disappointment you experienced while staying at the Resort. I do apologize again for any lacking of service or inconveniences during your visit. Guest satisfaction for us is a high standard and we recognize how important relaxation and enjoyment is to all of our guests and the value of your opinions. We want you to feel confident in the Resort you choose regardless of the location. We take a lot of pride in our Resort, location and team members, I am just sorry that we did not perform better in resolving your issues.

Thank you again for your visit to the Naples Bay Resort and I appreciate your feedback, as it only helps us improve our product and services for future guests. We hope that we will have the opportunity to provide you with the experience that the Naples Bay Resort is known for in the future.

239-530-5102

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Arrived by way of their private shuttle service to Ft. Myers Airport. Immediately, due to Tony's wonderful attentiveness, we felt welcome and well cared for. Marilyn Soffer had arranged for this service along with every other ammenity we needed. I actually arrived with a shoe in need of repair and she worked that out immediately as well. Can't say enough about her and her connnections, professionalism and attitude. Spectacular. This is what a Concierge is all about! Britton and Zach were most helpful in checking us in and getting us all set...even though we arrived a few hours earlier than anticipated. Chris in the Marina Shop helped us with bike rentals two days as did the others in the shop. Sandy at the breakfast buffet was spirited and helpful. I have stayed in 4 other locations in Naples and really did enjoy this. On a side note, the Water Shuttle service run by Capts Andy and Dan are a "must do" thing. We took it every evening right off the pier there at Naples Bay Resort. We took two classes at Bala Vinyasa Yoga/Naples which, if you are a yogi, is an absolute "must do" as well. The entire trip is one I remember!! Thank you to the entire staff at NBR, Water Shuttle and Bala Vinyasa!

Room Tip: enjoyed the marina view

Dear J H,

What a Wonderful review of the Naples Bay Resort!! We are always appreciative by reviews such as yours, as it reminds us how important Customer Service is, while consistently focusing on every aspect of a guest visit! The fact that you can remember so many of the staff by name says it all! We are more than thrilled that you enjoyed your entire visit and those mentioned shall know you said so!
It is always rewarding for us all to see that we were able to achieve those goals during your visit, and we certainly hope that you will return to see us here at the Naples Bay Resort again on a future visit to Naples!

Warm regards,