Naples Bay Resort
$268
$229
RitzCarlton.com
  • Restaurant
Trianon Old Naples(Naples)(Great Value!)
$142
$124
Bayfront Inn 5th Ave(Naples)(Great Value!)
$119
$319
$174
$295
$269
Naples Grande Beach Resort(Naples)
$199
$329
$319
$328
$231
  • Beachfront
1,775 results
All reviewslazy riverbonefish grillmarina viewthe cottagesnaples bayfull kitchenmarilyn sofferhealth clubbedroom cottagepool areatin citywasher dryerboat rentalsshuttle servicetennis courtsmain poolan adult
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We had a King suite facing the marina - what a lovely view to wake up to every morning. This suite suited our purposes very well - with a kitchen and laundry facilities so we could be independent and cook a few simple meals (we had just finished a luxury cruise!). Close to the "downtown" and trolley which easily introduces the whole area.

Room Tip: Facing the marina offers a nice view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa D, Guest Relations Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Dear MJW123456789,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit to the Naples Bay Resort. I have to agree that our suites facing the Marina offer quite the view all day long. It is quite a treat to see the Marina in both the am and pm lighting. Coming in from the balcony, the suite not only offers a fantastic view, but accommodations that have everything you could need while traveling. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope you can return again soon.
Warmest Regards,
Lisa

Reviewed November 17, 2013

My husband and I spent 4 days here in November. Had we not purchased a pre-paid package on Luxury Link we would have checked out the second day.

I had purchased the package to celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary. I had read so many wonderful reviews on Trip Advisor and it looked like a perfect place to get some much needed relaxation and quiet. I contacted the resort ahead of time, told them of our plans and asked for a quiet room location.

Naples Bay Resort is composed of a hotel and Cottages. The hotel sits on a marina in Naples Bay. However, it is on the busiest 6 lane highway (41) in Naples. So, although our first room was on the "marina," the room also faced the highway about 500 yards away and an old, ugly pink 4 story condo. Sitting on the balcony was like sitting on the highway, watching cars go by. In addition, the resort is located underneath the landing approach for the Naples airport! Planes came and went on a regular basis. We were so disappointed but the hotel was full, so we could not be moved to an "interior" marina room until the second day.

The room itself was perfect....a nice sized hotel suite with 2 bathrooms, a kitchen, sitting area, etc. But, they had recently "upgraded" their cable so we had constant problems trying to watch TV. Engineering tried to repair it, but failed. The picture constantly froze every five minutes at which point you had to turn it off and on again.

The second day we were moved to an interior marina room, and were sent a bottle of champagne and chocolate strawberries for our anniversary. Nice touch. The bed was very comfy, but the pillows were old, hard and flat. This suite was a little quieter but highway and airplane noise was still loud out on the balcony. Then, much to our dismay, on the floor below us was a lovely restaurant, but often filled with outdoor diners and loud voices and banging dishes. There was no peace and quiet if you wanted to sit on the balcony. So, back inside we went.

To make matters worse, the cleaning crews were so loud every morning in the hallways, laughing and yelling at each other, that sleeping beyond 9 am was impossible. I asked one of them for more coffee one morning and all they had was decaf. No regular today! This is a 5-star resort? What am I missing?

Again, we had the same problems with the TV and engineering came and even swapped out a TV in the bedroom....to no avail. Because we had lousy weather (rain and cool) we were not outside doing our usual beach walking or laying by the pool. Thus, we were very upset with the TV situation. I spoke several times with the "manager" Patricia, who asked what she could do to make it up to us. I couldn't think of anything but a complete refund, but asked her to buy us dinner or something at the resort. She did nothing.

One night we decided to stay in and fix dinner as (supposedly) we had a fully equipped kitchen. What a joke. Four skillets with no lids and a 3 quart pan. 2 spoons. A few dishes.

We had as part of our package, a $50 coupon for breakfast and another for lunch. The breakfast coupon bought 2 buffet breakfasts (you had no other choice), which came to $38, pricey, but the server wrote that we had a $12 credit on the coupon. However, we did not use it while at the resort.

The entire pool area, fitness, play area is about an 1/8 mile walk along that busy 6-lane highway. What a poor design! Now, if you are staying at the cottages (only available for a stay of 6 days or more) the recreational facilities are easily accessible. But, for those staying at the hotel, it is a hike and first you have to turn in a card at the office to get a towel and then return the towel and card once you are done. Otherwise you will be charged for the towels. Ridiculous.

The resort claims you can get boat rentals, tours, etc. So, we decided to go on a little boat tour and stopped at the Ship's store to find out about tours. Yes, we could rent a boat, but we had to pilot it ourselves or hire a captain. What about the tours? They will take us on a tour IF we hire a boat and a captain! You can imagine the cost.....prohibitive for we commoners.

On our fourth day, we were happy to check out. We had not charged anything to our room, but wanted to check the on-TV account before we left. Guess what? Not available. So, I called the front desk and got Patricia. I told her we were leaving and wanted to make sure we had no charges. But, we did! $38.00 for the breakfast! No, I told her, we had given the server our coupon for $50 and she even gave it back to us with a credit of $12 on it. Oh, then you only owe $26. No, we don't owe anything. Actually you owe US $12. She argued again with me and when I went through it for the last time, she said she would take care of it. We left. To the last minute, Naples Bay Resort was a disaster.

Room Tip: I have no idea.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank hisgrandma
Lisa D, Guest Relations Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Hisgrandma,

Thank you for staying at the Naples Bay Resort and providing us with your candid comments regarding your visit. Although our overall goal is to exceed your expectations, and while our team regularly achieves that goal, we are certainly disappointed that we missed the mark in several areas of your recent visit. We understand that there are a variety of options to you as a guest and where you reside, that we wholeheartedly apologize for the situations that you spoke about in your review.

While our location, service and amenities are usually spot on for our guests, I am sorry for the disappointment you experienced while staying at the Resort. We appreciate your positive comments and will work to address the comments that negatively impacted your visit. I do apologize again for any lacking of service during your visit. Guest satisfaction for us is a high standard and we recognize how important relaxation and enjoyment is to all of our guests and the value of your opinions. We want you to feel confident in the room you choose regardless of the location on the property. We take a lot of pride in our Resort, location and team members, I am just sorry that we did not perform better in resolving your issues.

Thank you again for your visit to the Naples Bay Resort and I appreciate your feedback, as it only helps us improve our product and services for future guests. We hope that we will have the opportunity to provide you with the experience that the Naples Bay Resort is known for in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

The resort is large and sprawling. The check in desk and conceirge were impersonal. I will say the one man working valet was fabulous. We immediately found that our TV had no service. Called twice and finally were told there was a resort wide problem with comcast service being worked on. Then a resort engineer showed up at our door and said they had converted to digital sometime ago and some of the TVs didn't work now. Ours was one of them. Seems pretty lazy attention to detail not to test all the TVs for this anticipated problem instead of letting customers check in to find their TV needed to be replaced way after the fact. The rooms are clean. Beware that many of the rooms face the tamiami trail which is a big busy and noisy road. In no way picturesque. While located close to downtown naples, it is far from walking distance and we were told the shuttle only ran every 2 hours. Also the shuttle is needed to get to the main club part of the resort where the main pool is. Very inconvenient. I would not stay here again. I feel that the website info and pictures were misleading and painted a different picture than what my husband and I actually experienced. Also, there are resort and valet fees.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Trazona

Dear Trazona,
Thank you for choosing the Naples Bay Resort for your most recent visit to the Naples area. I was saddened to read that your room experience and location took away from your overall visit. It is very upsetting when we hear that a guest leaves the Resort less than 100% satisfied. Everything we do at the Naples Bay Resort revolves around providing all of our guests that visit a most relaxing, enjoyable and positive experience. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and comments so that we will work to provide a better experience in the future.

We understand that while many of our customers come to the Naples Bay Resort with a similar ideal of what to expect, we know that not everyone shares the same opinion. Therefore we are continually trying to improve and make changes based on our guests comments and satisfaction. The TV situation happened to be one of those. While electronics are continually improving and changing faster than seems practical to keep up with, the initial intent was to provide the upgrades as quickly and efficiently as possible to our guests with as minimal impact as possible. Unfortunately, we seemed to have missed the mark on your room and for that I apologize again.Your comments help to provide us with the direction we need to take in order to make everyone satisfied with their stay. We understand that we can always do better, and I assure you that we will do so in the future in order to win your business back.
Thank you again for choosing the Naples Bay Resort and for sharing your experience. If I can be of any assistance now or in the future, please feel free to contact me directly.

Kind Regards,
Lisa

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Fantastic Resort Hotel which met and often exceeded our expectations. If you are looking to stay somewhere where style, luxury, and service is important, then you won't go far wrong here.
We had a first floor, one bedroomed apartment with a full kitchen and balcony overlooking the marina. The accommodation is very spacious and immaculately maintained. Furnishings and decor are top notch.
This was one of 3 hotels we stayed in during our Florida road trip to celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary, and it was by far the best.
Special mention also to the staff who were all exceptional, and in particular to Doug, who met us on arrival and ensured that we got parked ok and took care of us until we got fully settled in ; Marilyn ( hope we have the spelling right ), a fantastic Concierge who was so genuinely attentive, helpful and pleasant throughout our stay : and to Roxanne, a lovely lady on Front Desk who really couldn't do enough for her guests. Also thanks to Lee, who operated the Hotel shuttle service to 5th Avenue. Always on time and extremely courteous.
The Hotel itself is only a short walk from 5th Avenue where there are many restaurants and bars and shops. There are a couple of pools in the Hotel, two of which are adults only. Ideal if you want a bit of seclusion. The Hotel gym is one of the biggest and best equipped I've ever used ; plenty of free weights as well as fixed apparatus.
Brilliant short stay. We will definitely be back !
The Naples Bay Resort jumped into our top 5 worldwide hotels and will certainly take some shifting.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the marina.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa D, Guest Relations Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear 8Busby,

Thank you for your Wonderful Review! We are delighted that your visit to the Naples Bay Resort was everything you wished for and more! We pride ourselves on our Customer Service and will pass along you fantastic comments to the staff. They will be thrilled that We Made the Difference while Celebrating your 21st Anniversay! We look forward to seeing you again soon! ~~Hopefully sooner than later~~
All our Best to you Both and we wish you many more years of Happiness together!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

This is the first truly dog-friendly resort/hotel I have stayed at. There is no pet fee which shows they really are pet friendly and makes those of us with pets come and spread the word. I believe they realize, like with people, if damage is done, they will charge; if not, why add a fee? The other hotels that charge a pet cleaning fee-- we all know they do not clean the rooms any more than when only people have been in the room. Also, we were not restricted in the rooms we could reserve because we had a pet with us. We had a two bedroom two bath unit with a full kitchen. Loved it! Very spacious and we had a huge balcony (we had to purchase an umbrella for the table because it was so sunny). The Master Bath is as beautiful as any high-end home would have. Just wonderful facilities. They have a great gym within walking distance with great lockers and sauna/steam room. Classes provided. There was a bill discrepancy after I had already checked-out the night before. I got an email with a higher charge. I immediately called while on the road. Misty was just perfect. She could not have handled it better with a very positive and helpful attitude and got it completely straightened-out. There are only a few things to complain about as this resort is perfect for us. It was very dark in the bathroom. I was assuming it was a typical hotel bathroom 'till I noticed the lights were out. I called, but never received new bulbs. If I were there longer, I would have bought some and put them in myself, it was that dark. They changed their TV service so all but one TV did not work. The TVs not woking was not their fault, BUT they greatly reduced the number of channels available, that is not good. Also, the kitchen sink water pressure was way too low. It made it hard to clean dishes. The kitchen was missing a lot of items. Most we could get from housekeeping. We were looking forward to the Lazy River. It was not heated as promised. We couldn't use it. The drinks at the pool bar need help, just not that good. To be clear, we loved this resort and want to go back. Fixing these items would have made the visit OUTSTANDING, not just Excellent.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear CoolWashingtonDC,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit at the Naples Bay Resort! We are definitly one of the most pet friendly hotels you will find! We are delighted that your travel plans included your pet as we enjoy hosting families of all kinds, including the ones with "furry" kin! With our Resort spanning over 22 acres, there is plenty of space to walk your pet and see the sights! We invite you to return again to experience more of the Resort and the entire Naples area! Please remember to bring your furry guest~~ as they are always welcome here!!