“Wonderful for people of all ages”
Review of Naples Bay Resort

Naples Bay Resort
Ranked #7 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Naples Bay Resort is wonderful for families who want both privacy and to share activities. My husband and I stayed at the Hotel where Roxanne greeted us on arrival so warmly. Our children and grandchild stayed in a cottage; we all met at the wonderful pool area. Our granddaughter loved the lazy river; adults can swim laps. Food at the pool and Yacht Club is excellent and Michael, the waiter, could not have been nicer. Rooms at the hotel are much quieter facing the marina and the view is much better so I would ask for this. But the resort is lovely, well-cared for, and the staff is excellent. Concierge Marilyn is friendly, helpful, and does things in an efficient courteous way, but everyone at the front desk we met was nice and helpful. We enjoyed the short walk from the hotel to the pool and found no need for the shuttle for this. Paul and Ellen

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking marina. You do hear some road noise on the other side. Staff can be helpf...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Cathy A, Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Ellen S,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Naples Bay Resort. Our goal is to provide outstanding service along with a memorable experience for all of our guests. I will be sure to pass along to Roxanne, Michael, Marilyn, and Front Desk Staff that they provided exceptional service to you during your stay. We are pleased that you found our resort relaxing and entertaining for all ages. We hope that if your travels bring you back to Naples, that you will come stay with us again.

Best Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,696)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've stayed here twice - both times in December. The staff is accomodating. The rooms are nice. I have gotten a 1 bedroom and a 2 bedroom/2 bath with a large balcony. There are washing machines, and a nice kitchen. The living room is comfortable too. Walking distance is Tin Alley with restaurants and bars .The water shuttle which picks up down on the waterway is a great way to go out and have dinner, and see the water. (they sell beer and wine on the boat). BoneFish Grill which is at the hotel is great for happy hour. Downtown NAples is very close by to stroll main street and experience some other restaurants. Something that stands out is that the valet guys are always very friendly. I'll be going back agina in December this year.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear AliDog,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Naples Bay Resort. Our goal is to provide outstanding service along with a memorable experience for all of our guests. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the surrounding area in beautiful Naples. We look forward to seeing you December!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is an absolutely beautiful place to stay and the staff was incredibly warm and helpful. My boyfriend and I stayed there for 4 days and it was an exceptional experience!

I called ahead of time to make a special spa arrangement before we came, because the trip was for his birthday. The concierge Marilyn and the spa manager Bonnie took my idea and bumped it up -- so thoughtful! Marilyn made special pre-arrangements that included hand-picked hibiscus flowers, a happy birthday card, and a welcoming plate with chocolate-dipped strawberries and Happy Birthday written in chocolate! In addition, they upgraded our room without ever being asked -- when we arrived, honestly, it felt like a surprise birthday party had been thrown by dear, warm, longtime friends! He was incredibly touched, and so was I.

The rooms they gave us were BEAUTIFUL with a balcony overlooking the marina. The breakfast restaurant was good ... and we could see and walk to one of the most delicious restaurants ever, called L'Orient. Marilyn suggested it, and we went back the last night of our stay. It was too cold to go swimming that weekend, so we didn't use the courtesy shuttle to go downtown or to the spa portion of the resort; just did a lot of walking to downtown Naples and the beach.

Two things to keep in mind:
The resort amenities (pool, etc) are in a different building located across the highway -- you need to plan to take the free shuttle from the marina side.
A car is necessary if you want to do anything like go to the movies or sightsee the Everglades.

Room Tip: Definitely request marina side rooms. Anything on the highway side (if there is anything) has a lot...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cathy A, Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Pamela S,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Naples Bay Resort. Our goal is to provide outstanding service along with a memorable experience for all of our guests. I will be sure to pass along to Marilyn and Bonnie that they provided exception service to you. We are pleased that the staff made you feel pampered and important. Should your travels bring you back to Naples Florida, we hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at The Naples Bay Resort for four days in early March 2013. Our experience exceeded all our expectations. The view and the accommodations were beautiful but what made our stay special were the people. As soon as we walked in we felt welcome. Marilyn, the concierge, and Judith, the front desk representative, seemed genuinely happy to see us. When we walked into our room we found out that we were upgraded to a luxury suite from the king room we had reserved. We also found a half a dozed chocolate covered strawberries with happy birthday wishes. I found out later that my girlfriend had mentioned my birthday when she asked about restaurants in the area. Throughout our stay we were greeted with a smile and all the resort employees were extremely helpful. When our long weekend was over we were sad to leave the resort.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Vasilis T
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Our goal is to provide outstanding service along with a memorable experience for all of our guests. I am pleased that Marilyn and Judith greeted your warmly and also provided exceptional service to you. We are pleased that our staff greeted you with a warm smile and make you feel comfortable, pampered and welcome! Should your travels bring you back to Naples Florida, we hope that you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

On check-in, paying top dollar for 2 nights, also had to pay $48 for "resort charges".
At the pool we had lunch which had 18% added as gratuity, then the waitress invited me to give more if I wanted to!! No chance.
Our suite had a balcony which would be unusable in mosquito season as it did not have netting protection. Beware.
Apart from that, comfortable and friendly.

1  Thank David W
Cathy A, Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear David W,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Naples Bay Resort. Our goal is to provide outstanding service along with a memorable experience for all of our guests. We appreciate your comments about the Resort Fee which is $24/day. The Resort Fee includes internet usage, free Valet Parking or self parking in our covered garage (at the hotel), Shuttle Service to the Club, downtown or to the Naples Pier/Beach along with the morning delivery of the USA Today. We also provide beach chairs and umbrellas for our guests at no charge who wish to spend the day at the beach. We have not had any mosquito issues on the balconies in our hotel and most guests enjoy using our balconies year round.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We have been coming to Naples bay resort since they opened their doors. It has become our home away from home. You cannot ask for a better setting in Naples Florida. We have stayed at other resorts in Naples and even rented homes but the location and service is second to none. I workout daily using their lap pool and fitness center. Also the tennis pro is the best. There are many golf courses and shopping close by. The fifth avenue area and tin city are within walking distance. Our daughter held her wedding at Naples bay resort and the wedding planner did an excellent job. They arranged shuttle busses over to the beach for the ceremony and back to the resort. The setting for the reception was second to none and the food was outstanding. Thanks again Naples bay resort.

Dear Mark F,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Naples Bay Resort. Our goal is to provide outstanding service along with a memorable experience for all of our guests. We are pleased that you enjoy staying at the Cottages (your home away from home). I will pass along to Ido (Tennis Pro) and Lynn (Wedding Planner) that you provided exceptional service to them. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

My mom and I wanted to plan a trip together, somewhere warm, as a central meeting place since I live about 7 hours away and quality time together isn't a common occurrence. We researched hotel, after hotel and decided on Naples Bay Resort largely because of the amenities it offered and proximity to the attractions. We booked a regular hotel room, and upon arrival were greeted by the friendly staff. After checking in, we noticed small ants crawling all over the granite countertop the TV was on. I am not one to complain but I knew I couldn't deal with that all week and we paid way to much to tolerate it. So, I decided to let the staff know; as I approached the front desk, immediately we were asked how our room was. I commented about how lovely it was minus one small problem (our little ant friends). My mom and I had been traveling all day with flight delays galore, so we were more focused on getting some food and dealing with our little friends when we returned. After dinner, we were notified that the room had been sprayed and that we were moved to another room. To our surprise, we were UPGRADED FOR FREE to the nicest suite in the hotel. My mom and I walked into the most goregous two-bedroom suite with a large balcony/deck and amazing view. Roxanne and her staff were so helpful and kind and treated us like family. Despite the small problem to start with, our trip was absolutely amazing and I would never stay anywhere else when visiting Naples. The free shuttle to the fitness center and pools (or a nice walk there) as well as to the two shopping areas and beach/pier were great amenities that other hotels simply do not offer. Above all it was the staff at the hotel who made are trip so special: Roxanne, Erin, Bobbi, Tom, Pierre, Tony, Doug and Lee were absolutely amazing hosts and truly treated us like we were the most important guests there. They make each guest feel special and valued and that is what a vacation is all about- being pampered - and that we were!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Cathy A, Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear KearaC
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Naples Bay Resort. Our goal is to provide exceptional service along with a memorable experience for all of our guests. I will pass along to Roxanne, Erin, Bobbi, Tom, Pierre, Tony, Doug and Lee that they provided exceptional service to you during your entire stay with us. We are pleased that they also made you feel important and pampered as a vacation should! We look forward to your return visit.